September 16, 2014 | 1812 users online

Makeup Brushes - Pur Minerals - Chisel Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this brush as a GWP when purchasing my pressed powder foundation. I do find the brush sheds and it isn't very soft, but it definitely gets the job done. I personally don't use the powder foundation alone, I usually use it over my liquid foundation. I find this brush is great for applying powder as well as liquid foundations. Gives a very air brushed look. I'm sure any brush of a similar design (kabuki brush) would do the same job, and maybe shed a bit less. I wouldn't repurchase because of the shedding and the expensive price ($26CAD).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by fihe

Ugh, this brush is SO BAD. I actually got the LE clear-handled brush with hearts on it for free when ordering a foundation. I'm happy I didn't pay money for it, because it's a horrible brush! The bristles appear to be of poor quality; they feel somewhat rough and individual hairs stick out even when I've let the brush dry with a Brush Guard on. I believe I've even seen some of the hairs break off! The brush sheds when I put my foundation on, and then I need to remove all the little hairs off my face with a pair of tweezers lest I mess up my makeup.

I see that this brush normally sells for $23, so maybe mine was purposely made poorly because it came free with the order. It's pretty useless and I plan to purchase an ELF flat-top powder brush for $3 to replace it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is probably the worst brush I have come across for this price. Wow, it sheds and its just cheap. I am annoyed that this is a higher end brush. It's literally worse than some brushes I have come across in drug stores that cost 2 bucks. Don't waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have about 4 of these I received from other people. I don't really like it very much, but it does the job. I've never had one that sheds but I do know that it does for other people. I don't really like how it applies make-up, it isn't rough but it doesn't seem to get great coverage. I probably wouldn't buy it again, just because I'm not fond of this type of brush in general.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by vanessaangelina723

horrible brush. definitely sheds, the 50 or more comments stating this are telling the truth. what a waste of money. totally disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by rojetor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This brush is just bad. It does not apply evenly but more annoying to me is it sheds all over my face whenever I use it! Whenever I wash it so many bristles fall out too. I regret buying this, it was really expensive and just overall a horrible brush. I am giving it two lippies just because I like the general shape of it, I just wish it was better quality.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This brush SUCKS! I just bought it today, and while I was buffing in my new BB cream, it shed probably 10-15 bristles on my face! For $23 I expect better performance. Taking this back to Ulta tomorrow!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely garbage. Got this with the packaged deal. I want to love it, as I love the concept of it, but so far I've used it twice and each time, more than 10 bristles have stuck to my face. Whats the point in giving me a brush to use if its coming apart? Again, the concept of a flat brush is awesome, and I love how its supposed to work (fits in the pan of powder perfectly) but its just no good. Its also scratchy. My Everyday Minerals kabuki is soooooooooooo much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lovelylaura25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like many other reviewers, I got this brush for free when I purchased the starter kit. I washed it before the first use and I can honestly say that I don't find it to be scratchy or uncomfortable to use at all. Mine also has not shed much, and I've washed it several times since purchasing the kit about 6 weeks ago. I'll sometimes pull out a hair or two during the cleansing process, but nothing worth complaining about. Maybe I got a really well produced one, I'm not sure. As for the application, I find that no other brush gives the flawless coverage this does when used with the 4-in-1 powder. I have other dense brushes that just don't compare. The powder applies seamlessly.

I noticed that a few people mentioned that the brush loses it's shape after a few washes and I've found an easy way to prevent this from happening. The brush came with a thin piece of circular plastic wrapped around the head. I simply slip this back on after each time I use the brush and lightly around the bottom of the head after cleansing to keep the bristles together. My brush still looks as good as new. I hope this helps!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by rain7608

this brush you either love it or hate it. I am the one hate it. its gives me cakey uneven dry look, yes it does give great coverage, but I can't stand for that cakey face.