October 20, 2014 | 1965 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Premium Powder Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 12:31:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh I really don't know about all these poor reviews. I really really like this brush! I was so p**ed off when I looked onto EM's web site and couldn't find this brush anymore, did they discontinue it?? This brush is super great for applying blush, bronzers, highlighters, finishing powders, primers....... I always use it to apply these things. So people complain that it's yucky for applying foundation, well I don't think it was meant for foundation to begin with hence the name powder brush, that is to be used for powders like finishing powders and silk dust and things like that. For foundation they offer kabukis and foundation brushes. This brush is really really soft and gives smooth even application of the powders I use it for. Okay so maybe I'm not really brush savvy after all I'm used to using cheap d/s $1 type brushes (well 1 euro) and I don't think anyone would deny that EM brushes are far superior to $1 brushes. Well if I ever try out a REAL brush (as in MAC, Bobbi Brown, etc.) and I start disliking this EM powder brush by comparison I suppose I will update. In the meantime it's just about one of the best brushes I have!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by glitterspritz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love my Premium Powder Brush. It's very soft and is the perfect brush for either my finishing powders or blush. The head is twice as big as the Avon brush I had been using and it's one of the softest brushes I've ever had. My blush color goes on evenly with no brush squashing or extra rubbing. I literally swipe on a little color and I'm done. There was a little bit of shedding when I first got it, but after the first wash I haven't had any shedding. It's been washed several times and it's retained shape and softness. I would buy this again.

The only drawback for EM products is packaging. The brushes come wrapped in tissue paper and in little padded envelopes. This saves on throwing away packing once it gets to the consumer and keeps shipping prices down, but isn't exactly protecting the brushes while in the mail.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by beca108

Hated it from time I opened the package. Premium, I would say not. I have had better brushes from Target. I promptly gave this one away to someone else. Nothing good to say about it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2007 1:46:00 AM More reviews by iceboi

This item was a no-no. Received the brush from Everyday Minerals the brush looked like it was of Superior quality, upon usage the brush broke in half and the hairs on it were shedding so muchwhen i just came to touch it.

None of the burshes from EDM in experience are of good quality!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by allison7

This is hardly a premium brush. It's not soft, sheds a lot, and is poorly constructed (I sent back my first one because the metal top came apart from the wooden handle.) I washed it once and it just got scratchier and misshapen. Not recommended and would not repurchase!! In fact, I may send it back and ask for a kabuki instead because the premium kabukis are actually quite nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2006 8:05:00 AM More reviews by adornedwithgrace

This brush is great for applying the finishing dust. It grabs just the right amount (both my blush and kabuki brush seemed to put on too much at a time) and it feels really good on my face. I haven't noticed any unusual shedding, and I have washed it about 2-3 times so far. As with all their brushes, you basically get it free if you order it in a kit, and since this is a Premium, you get a lifetime guarantee. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2006 6:54:00 AM More reviews by luvhunni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first sight, this brush looked and felt so soft, fancy, and beautiful! It just looked really nice overall so I was hoping it would do a good job. It works well for finishing dust and bronzer but for me, it's horrible for blush and foundation! =/ This brush is an okay brush, I mean, I don't hate it or anything. But the reason why I wouldn't purchase it again is because it sheds a lot. I don't know if I got a defective brush but every single time i use it, it sheds at least 2 hairs. Good thing is that there is a lifetime guarantee so you can always replace it if it becomes faulty. I don't think I will replace it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by katarina124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great powder brush, I use it with my finishing dust. I have had no problems with shedding so far. The brush is soft, and it is ideal for applying powder with. I got this brush as a part of the premium brush kit, which is only $24 and it includes: the premium powder brush, premium kabuki, camouflage brush, half-moon brush, and double ended e/s brush - a great value! Another plus is that all premium brushes come with a life time guarantee!
Bottom line, great price great quality what more can you ask for.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2006 3:20:00 PM More reviews by CMorneau1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this brush a lot. I use it for radiances and for finishing dust....it is extremely soft and doesn't shed much (just a few hairs until I washed it a couple of times). I don't think the brush is dense enough to use for foundation, but it is great for finishing dust.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2006 8:44:00 PM More reviews by kak513

Here's what's on the website:
"Your new Everyday Minerals Premium Brush is a rounded powder foundation brush. But don't stop there! It is the ultimate multi-purpose brush great for blush, face color, finishing powder, and whatever other application you can imagine.
Made from 100% cruelty free sable, this is one of the softest natural hair brushes you will ever have the pleasure of owning. Perfect for Sensitive Skin."
I was looking for a brush specifically to apply my Finishing Dust, and that alone. I was using my blush brush from BE, but I hated how I couldn't get all the pink powder off each time, and would "pink" myself all over while brushing on the Finishing Dust. This seems to be decent quality, but I'm alarmed over how much it's shedding. I've had it less than a week though, so we'll see how it goes. It is incredibly soft--easily the softest brush I've owned, and applies powder really well. The handle is a little on the big side, which doesn't bother me, but people who want to travel with it might want to search further. If the shedding ends soon, I'll bump up the lippies, but I'm tired of finding these hairs ALL over my face.
EDIT: 2/27/07. This brush is still MADLY shedding, and the handle even broke last night--the metal part came of off the wooden end. I glued it together, but it certainly doesn't smack of quality. I should probably send it back for a new one. No exaggeration, I find no less than 5 of these hairs on the front of my shirt after applying powder every morning, and untold numbers on my face. Not full length hairs, however, short pieces of hairs like they're all shattering. I baby my brushes like no other, so I'm not sure why this is happening. Gentle washing, and then stored upright in a jar which is then kept in a larger covered plastic bin. (Not covered when wet, though.) Are other people have this insane shedding problem? Lippies from 4 to 2, and no on repurchase. continued >>