October 25, 2014 | 1489 users online

Powders - Kevyn Aucoin - The Celestial Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by angarag

I would describe this highlighter as a luminous champaign with a soft peach undertone. In my opinion it's more suitable for light- medium skintone. It tends to look a bit stark on darker skin toned skin. Quality of the powder is excellent: soft, ireedescent and with the right amount won't emphasize pores. If you are someone who is picky about the packaging you may be disappointed with this compact. The brush that it comes with is coarse. If you are someone who is looking for a good quality high end highlighter and willing to overlook the packaging and the brush you won't be disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Expect its sheen to emphasise imperfections.
Pigment: marketed as a 'soft apricot' suitable for all complexions. Yet in a certain light, appears distinctly white.

Summary: a white highlighter of imperfections.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Staceyy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been looking for the perfect highlighter for a long time and I can honestly say that THIS IS IT!
It has some sparkle to it but it mostly makes you look like you're "glowing from within".
I absolutely LOVE it! Look no further. This is the BEST highlighter out there. It is worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by bunnybooty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! It's like having your own lighting guy follow you around making sure you're lit up in just the right spots. I bought it during sephora sale 2 months ago and wish I bought 10 more. I've tried so many highlighters and while I like the look of them, pores and pimple marks get in the way of looking finished but this product doesnt make my pores look huge or make me look greasy. Honestly girls, prescriptives magic, benefit, cover girl, whatever has nothing on this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by niferphoto

The most beautiful highlighter I've ever used. I was addicted to NARS albatross before I tried this. While albatross is more of a white powder - this is more of a beige shimmer - so it looks more natural. It has the perfect name "candlelight" it really does look that way - like a warm accent of light where ever you apply. Love it!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I too bought this in Candlelight, which is the only color in the Celestial Powder. The name is very accurate because this is the kind of otherworldly, celestial glow that I have been looking for in a highlighter. I have tried so many highlighters (Benefit, Chanel, Stila, Tarte, Fresh, and Bobbi Brown are a few of my tried and returned) and none of them have ever been what I want. I don't want it to look like a stripe of dense, iridescent pigment across my cheekbone and under my brows. I want it to look like my skin is reflecting light naturally where real light would hit my face. I don't want it to look obvious, like I put makeup there (honestly I think that kind of highlighting only looks good in magazines, not real life). This powder does exactly what it should: give a natural, subtle glow that blends into my skin. The perfect highlighter! The powder itself looks like a creamy champagne color so I imagine it would match a variety of skintones with no problems. It comes with a little brush which I do use if I'm in a rush but most of the time I use Paula Dorf's bronzer/highlighter brush. Packaging is gorgeous, and the quality is wonderful. An HG for me!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2006 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I have this in Candlelight. I believe there is only one shade in this powder. This is a pressed highlighting powder. It is sublte, very nice. The shade is a shimmery light champagne color, when I swatch it on my hand it looks slightly peachy in the light. Very nice product.