Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

4.6

Talc, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, PTFE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

whoa nelly!! kevyn aucoin, i love you

this review is going to be for the holiday special edition on the kevyn aucoin contour book volume II numbero dos!
First off let me say this is my first kevyn a purchase.. I saw the volume 2 book online and was so sad to see its completely sold out on sephora, but i needed this glorious piece of art!. I bought it on ebay for $80 total(65$ on sephora) but what can you do.. I had to pay that.. i mean its 4 FULL SIZE contour/highlight powders/creams.. 4 generous eye shadows and a sample of starlight(all pigmented as a mo fo) it was obviously a steal on sephora and it had stellar reviews thats why it sold out almost immediately...

SCULPTING POWDER/ CANDLELIGHT REVIEW :I flipping love this contour book. I am an nc 25.. IT HAS GREAT POTENTIAL TO BUILD THE MAJORITY OF A DAILY LOOK. I have tried abh contour, kat von d, and some others but they ended up irritating my skin and I had to return it. Let me just say both the sculpting powder and highlighting powder (candlelight) have very minimal fallout and they are buttery and pigmented, but they are also very natural looking. If you are looking for a dramatic contour/highlight these powders aint it honey! but I find both candlelight and sculpting powders are EXCELLENT for daily use especially if you have light- medium skin tone like me. I definately think that these powders are definitely worth purchasing separately. ($44). you can definately tell both are high quality even though I only see a very natural like glow... the cream powder/highlight is a great adddition because I use it as a base and then go back over it with the powders. It lasts 12hrs on me with a setting spray and it just really gives me a beautiful glow I kept thinking "WOW, THIS IS BEAUTIFUL"

EYESHADOWS: i am not the biggest fan of nude shades but this is such a great versatile group. kevyn aucoin makes it so easy for you because the first page of the contour book he basically has already created both a sculpting full look for both your face and eyes which is a great combination because thats what i use and its just so pretty..

seems travel friendly which is wonderful

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

For reference I am fair and cool toned.

I picked up the Kevyn Aucoin Contour book, volume 2. (this was limited edition, but you can buy the items individually)

It includes the sculpting powder, sculpting cream, candlelight cream, and candlelight powder. (and the book had a few eyeshadows too - the shadows are more on the powdery side, similar to the Lorac formula)

Every once in a while a product comes along, that completely blows away everything else. This was instant HG for me.

The sculpting cream is very cool toned. If you are also cool toned, you know the struggle of finding a cool toned product for contour. I had been using Nyx taupe - which is decent for it's price. But this sculpting powder applies so easily, and blends so well. It has changed contouring for me 100%! You can apply it for a very subtle look, but it is also very buildable.

If you are fair and cool, don't hesitate. Buy the sculpting powder. It is amazing. Of the cream and powder formulas, I think both are great. I find myself using the powder more often, but only because it's my personal preference, and I find it easier to apply. The cream blends so well, but is a bit more subtle.

I do think this might appear a little ashy if you are more warm toned though.

Stunned. Totally stunned. I purchased this product around two weeks ago from a local Space N.K store and I'm just so shocked with the outcome. Its ultimately perfect: the pigment of the product is intense so you only need a little to create defined cheekbones. Inevitably I feel like this product will last a very long time due to this fact. Additionally, the texture of this product is so luxuriously creamy - such a brilliant high end product. I use my NARS Ita Kabuki brush with this and together they create a perfect imitation of cheekbones (especially since I have like none). It seems expensive as you only get just over 3g of product in it, however you only need a little!

Hands down the best contour for people who know bronzer is not a contour. Also as of nov- 2015 the product is now paraben free! LOVE IT.

Best contouring powder I've found for my very fair, neutral skin. Love the texture and finish.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've seen very few reviews about this product on my skintone, NC42 and I find that this product is the absolute perfect product for contouring. It has a cool tone that still doesn't look ashy on my skin but it is far more subtle of a contour on me than on someone with a lighter complexion. I would not suggest this product to anyone darker than me as its already quite subtle on me. The product also comes with a velvet pouch and the packaging feels very luxe

This is the best contour powder I have ever used!! The color, pigmentation and longevity are unmatched compared to other stuff I've tried. I'm an NC 30.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am beyond sick of seeing people use warm contour! It's supposed to be a shadow! Shadows don't have orange, yellow or red tones! This powder is the perfect amount of cool/Grey

This powder is the perfect contour powder for my NC 30 skin or lighter even. I think it would even work on up to a NC-NW 40 ...It's amazing. I have soooo many contour kits, the ABH, Kat Von D, Smashbox, cover effects. I also have MAC shade and sculpt powders. This is my favorite.

Unless your a makeup artist and want a wide range of shades, I would suggest not using the contour kits and invest in a single contour powder that matches perfectly.

I tried to resist this, but the universe conspired for me to just bite the goddamn bullet and buy one for myself. The cost of the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder was really a major concern - even for someone like me who totally buys into premium pricing - because itís pretty darn expensive for the size. Itís so tiny! But it came to a point that Iím substituting with products that ultimately donít deliver, which makes them less worth their price than Kevyn Aucoinís. Because this baby delivers like hell.

I love that Itís subtle in that magical way where you know somethingís just better. The shade is just right and even with a heavy hand it never looks ashy on me. It also goes on perfectly every time that Iíve cut contouring minutes by half!

Sometimes cult products donít live up to its status, but Kevyn Aucoin totally deserves its fame. Totally repurchasing when I run out!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am writing this mainly because I am 60 and most of the reviewers on this site seem to be 18-24, so for the older ladies gather around. After reading many reviews the most frequent comment is that it is a very tiny amount, yes it is small but when I compare this to Aucoin's single shadows, which are listed at 3.6 grams and this contour is listed at 3.1 grams, I do believe there is an error as the sculpting powder is clearly larger than the eye shadow. I am thinking this is closer to 4-4.5 grams. Now that I have gotten that out of the way this a great contour color and a very pigmented dense finely milled powder, which by the way I use it on my eyes as an enhance/contour/socket definer as well as my cheeks etc. It does live up to its reputation as I think all of the K.A. products do. Remember a very little bit goes a long way. I think it is important to tell anyone thinking of buying or already own this, that you should use a very soft brush and not a densely packed one, the Wayne Goss brush number two works very well and can be found on beautylish.com, the reason I am making a big deal is that when I mistakenly used a coarse natural fiber brush, it grabbed so much of the powder that there was dusting of it everywhere, so a lot of waste and an uneven application. Even the soft fiber Takelon brushes are too densely packed and again, will grab more color than necessary.

Popular Bronzers