Maybelline Shadow Stylist in Sleek Brown

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/12/2010 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I put off reviewing this for the longest time because I just couldn't find a way of using it. For starters the applicator didn't do anything useful (too chunky for a thin line, too hard for blending, too stumpy for lip application) and the fallout I got whenever I used it was terrible. This was relegated to the vanity drawer where products go to die...
But then! I rediscovered this yesterday and decided to try a quick smokey eye look. I pressed the applicator all over the outer corner of my eye in a messy, dotty way, then used a proper brush to blend it out. Then I put a liner brush into the pottle to collect some powder, pressed that into my upper lashline, and blinked a few times. The fallout ended up along my lower lashline a bit like traditional kohl, so I just smudged it out with a small soft brush and added mascara. Perfect!
I'm not sure how else I could ever use this, and can't testify to it's staying power as I had to wash it off straight away to go to bed. The fallout was pretty obvious every time I squinted, but the results were good., and to be fair I never used a primer or fixing medium.

on 7/5/2009 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Saw the entire line of these at my local Dollar Tree and figured I'd give them a try....LOVE LOVE LOVE! The applicator thing is worthless, but the shadows inside are super pigmented, have a lovely satin finish with no annoying chunky glitter and blend like a dream.

on 1/28/2009 12:07:00 AM

unlike the other reviewers, i actually like this product. the brush is soft and easy to handle. the color is gorgeous, it's not filled with excess glitter chunks; it's really color. i got this for 50% off at cvs, which was a steal so i snagged it! im wondering if i should depot it..but i don't know how. help?
GREAT PRODUCT!

on 3/15/2007 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product did not work for me at all! As mentioned by other reviewers, the powder got all over the place no matter how careful I was with it! I like the colour for creating a smokey eye, but it is way too much hassle and mess for me! Would not buy again!

on 1/27/2007 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Extremely messy! Got it in grey, which ended up being all under my eyes! So I had to wipe it off to avoid black undereye circles. Hate it.

on 11/25/2006 10:56:00 PM

WAAAAA! I SO wanted this to work, I had read so many great things on here about these, but alas, my search continues. The colors I got, Vintage Champagne, violet, brown and wine were all pretty but not very saturated. BUT they ALL dropped on my cheeks, no matter if I scraped, tapped or rubbed the color off before I put it on. Besides, when I did most of those, the color needed to be applied over and over to make it really pop. Too bad as I don't have a close by CVS in CA and am in AZ on vacation, they were BOGOF w/a $1 coupon too! Too bad!

on 10/4/2006 7:53:00 AM

I really like the packaging of this product. I think the idea is great but it still misses the mark. I am very fair and bought this in Sleek Brown. This is the darkest brown I have ever used - it almost looks black on me which I don't like. Also, I can't just use the applicator and go - I still have to blend with a brush because the color is so dark. It defeats the purpose, in my opinion, if I have to use a brush to blend. I thought this would make morning eyeshadow application faster but it doesn't. Some of the lighter colors might work out a little better but this one is way too dark for most people to use. I hope that Maybelline works on their color selection but keeps the great packaging. I may repurchase another color but will not repurchase the brown.

I got the Shadow Stylist Eyeshow in about 6 different colors, and I think it's great, I love the applicator! It's versatile, you can be very precise and defined with it, or it blends great as well.
I like the light off-white shade (I don't remember the exact name of the color), it works great as a hightlighter. I use it on the inner corners of my eyes, and on my brow bone and cheeks as well.
Yes, some dust does fall on my cheeks when I am applying it, but it's not that bad, I just blow it off and then it leaves no residue. It's no worse than other eyeshadows.
I would highly recommend this product, I think it's the best eyeshadow I've ever owned.

on 9/22/2006 6:21:00 PM

I'm giving it two stars because I loved the shape of the applicator--I wish I could get one without the shadow! The shadow itself was a nice color but, like the reviewer below stated, it went everywhere--and not just little flecks of it either! Huge drops of powder landed on my lashes, my cheeks, my lips, my shirt, and my counter. HUGE mess.

on 9/22/2006 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This was an item I RIS, and I'm glad because I'd never buy it. This was the messiest shadow I've ever tried to use. It was all over the place, ( face & cheek) from the powder falling everywhere and I had to remove my makeup after trying to apply this. Maybe the item I received was defective?