November 23, 2014 | 1987 users online

Powder - Prescriptives - AnyWear Multi-finish compact foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Loved this. Perfect color matching, and the finish unbelievable :)
B/R in Camellia - miss it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing the All Skins Mineral foundation in both liquid and powder form, and with winter right around the corner, I decided I needed a compact for additional coverage. The compact is perfect for touch-ups, and light coverage only. This foundation does a great job covering up the redness on my cheeks ~ I wouldn't use this all over my entire face, because it would be way too drying. My color choice was perfect ~ I've been wearing Y/O Vellum, and the color hasn't changed, and it's still a perfect match.

Once again, I am so happy that I can purchase PX foundation on their website. I didn't know what I was going to do if they went completely out of business...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by stefdo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One word description: SHEER. Not for me, but if I will admit it did not break out my sensitive skin, good for a wet or dry application, and like the spf. Good packaging b/c there is a separate place for the sponge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by g60girl

I have finally found my HG! This is the first time I have EVER repurchased a foundation. I am fairly pale MAC NC20 and my perfect shade match is Y/O Champagne 04. It gives medium to full coverage, evens out the redness in my skin and covering minor blemishes. I still use an under eye concealer because I have terrible dark circles. But on days when I am in a hurry I can just use this, mascara, and lip balm. I have tried almost everything under the sun. This is exactly what I wanted. Nice coverage, not messy, easy to travel and take with me, doesn't irritated my easily irritated skin, never looks fake, greasy, or chalky. MAC irritated my skin, BE did not give enough coverage, Clinique is chalky on me, etc. Yah for finding my HG!
The ONLY thing I would change is the price. I did just get my 2nd one on sale 30% off right after Christmas but I don't think PX goes on sale very often.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by gina01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG powder I LOVE it!!! Im so sad they're discontinuing it in stores and I don't live in the states so I can't order it online. This powder is amazing, I can wear it on top of any liquid foundation and it leaves my skin looking flawless, it somehow manges to have good coverage without being too heavy and it seems to last at least 8 hours if not more, (i cant say all day because my days can be loooooooonnng) i aslo wear prescriptives flawless primer. Sometimes i just wear a little primer and concealer for my blemishes and then the powder on top, instead of wearing it with a liquid, and it still looks great. Alot of people dont like the packaging it doesnt bother me, but ive dropped it a couple of times and the powder broke. The major downside of this product is that its expensive and you can hit the pan pretty fast, as a result I only use it once a day and use lancolm dual finish for touch ups if necessary during the day. I also apply it with a prescriptives flat buff brush which gives a realy nice even application without using too much product. Another bonus is that it comes in a great shade for my skin, since im mixed i often have a hard time getting the right match.
Anyways I guess im going to have to start looking around for a new HG powder since this ones no longer available, in the meantime ive stocked up with 6 powders but who knows how long they'll last!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Jaell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent coverage but a little expensive for the amount of product. I've had to repurchase almost every 6 weeks. I have acne prone skin and this product doesn't seem to irritate my skin or cause breakouts. It's too bad that they will be closing their retail locations. I'm not a fan of ordering online so I'll be looking for a replacement pretty soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by NJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you are acne proned ... DO NOT BUY! It will clog your pores. This powder is fantastic if you are not acne proned because it does brighten your complexion. Unfortunately my skin is acne proned. Since using this powder I've been suffering from terrible breakouts for months. This product is expensive and unreturnable at Holt Ren.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by samsonite3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Earlier this year, my esthetician recommended Prescriptives to me after telling me my MAC Studio Fix that I've used for years and years could be a culprit for my acne. She explained to me that Prescriptives doesn't use any ingredients or fillers that would clog pores. I bought AnyWear in Sand, and I probably won't ever buy any other powder again! My skin has improved so much since switching to this. Although it is a powder foundation, I wear it over my liquid foundation and concealer and lightly reapply with it throughout the day. I love the flawless, matte finish it gives my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by v1vL33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went through 2 compacts of this stuff but I'm moving on after I finish the one I have now. I have oily, sensitive skin that's also acne prone and this didn't upset my skin when I used it on a daily basis. For a light dusting, this product is fine but I find that it doesn't look good if I try to build up coverage. The finish gets dry and powdery which can be fixed with a mist of toner or a quick buff with a damp kabuki. Don't get me wrong, this stuff is pretty decent but it's just not doing what I need my foundation to do right now. I need a little bit more coverage and want a different finish, so I'm going to try liquid fdtn...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After giving up on MMU, I wanted to try something that wouldn't be likely to break me out and would agree with my sensitive skin. Based on the reviews here on MUA, I figured Prescriptives would be a safe bet. The SA helped me find a good match and off I went.

However, I ended up returning this because I just wasn't impressed. I found that it looked rather dry and accentuated my fine lines around my eyes, which really aren't that bad. I didn't try it with a primer, because, frankly, I purchased this because I wanted something easy and didn't want to have to add a step. The packaging was okay, but I find it rather cheap looking. I also found this to be expensive for what I perceived to be drug-store quality. I don't think it caused any breakouts, but I didn't wear it often enough to give it an adequate test.

I've found a few other powder foundations at the drug store that seem to be on par with this that I'll use instead.