Lancome Colour Design - Vintage Rose

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous colour, sheer rosy mauve with peachy caramel undertones. As many reviews said, it brightens the face & whitens the teeth. Considering that I'm a warm pale NC20, this might not have worked, but it has enough warmth in the peachy undertones that even if you are a warm toned person, you can still pull this off. It would be perfect .....

But

It hurts my lips. I have dry lips anyway but as soon as I put this on my lips started to peel and flake. I applied more after taking the flakes off, then realized the lipstick itself is parching my lips. I suspect the shimmer although the formula itself may be the problem. I had this happen before with Revlon sheer lipsticks.

The formula may be a problem if you have sensitive skin or super dry lips. Back to Clinique while i heal up.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

So, so good. Definitely my HG lipstick. It's really more of a sheen on me at least, I put it on after applying aquaphor/lip balm and it really holds my natural pinkish-red lip colour while making it look much more polished and put together. It's beautiful, natural, and oh-so perfect for every day wear. I don't find it to be drying at all, it makes my lips feel creamy and plump.

And I got it for only $8 on ebay, with free 1-3 day shipping!

A natural pink with blue sheen.
Great for a natural look for afternoon/evenings.

Quite drying on the lips.

Packaging could be revised. Twisting the case when closed moves the lipstick too.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The best color ever. It goes well with any makeup, any outfit, and any occasion. It is not too pale, not too boring, not too loud, not too bright, not too light, and not to dark. It is just right.

Although I like this color, I would like to pay less for this. I think it would be hard to find this color anywhere else because it shines differently than other lipsticks.

This is my go-to lipstick. I love it for everyday and it is the one I reach for most often. I love that it is pink but not too bright or too brown. It does have a blue undertone but it is not what I would call a bluish pink - the blue is subtle. It is just fresh and pretty. I also like the formulation in that it is not sticky or thick. Sometimes I put gloss over it and sometimes I don't but it looks great with everything. I will buy it as long as they keep making it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my HG MLBB shade. It has beat out my other love, MAC Syrup. I agree with others' descriptions of this shade as being a mauvey-rose with blue iridescence. This lippie really brightens up my face and gives it a look of health. I really like wearing it to work. The formulation is nice; very moisturizing and comfortable to apply. Overall I love it and will be on the hunt for a dupe because I'm less-than-trilled at spending $22 on a lipstick.

From the moment I tried it on at the Lancome counter, the blue/purple tint in this color made my eyes pop and the mauvy/rose shade made my face glow. Now these are the things I look for when purchasing a lipstick!

Goes on smoothly, looks natural, and gives a sheeny finish. Price is reasonable for a high-end brand in my opinion.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing color.
I have medium skin, brown eyes, dark hair. Love this under Nars Turkish Delight, or on its own, or under any Juicy Tubes Gloss.
The blue/purple undertones are so flattering, teeth look white, blush and eyes pop.
Only thing i can pick on is packaging, mine squished a little in the tube, maybe the heat? I used to have Lancome lispticks with magnets in the tops, this made use a breeze, anyway color and formula is fantastic and I will reorder this one when I run out.

A 'Secret Santa' sent me a new tube of this several years ago and it's been the best lipcolor ever since. For day or a more polished up evening makeup this is beautiful anytime. The blue sheen really is what makes this lipstick so wearable for anyone. Love this!

Recommended for Medium Skin