Rimmel Black Satin

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love love love love love. Shiny, dries quick and only needs one coat. Lasts a long time too. According to my manicurist I have oily nails which is why my polish always peels off quickly so when I find one that doesn't peel it's a keeper. This is the best black polish I've found so far.

on 9/22/2012 5:19:00 PM

Goes on like satin.
Nice thick flat brush
and the texture is glossy. Spot on.

Unusual and sexy in a dark way.

10 outta 10.

on 4/18/2011 8:48:00 PM

I wanted a rich, glossy black; Rimmel's Black Satin is absolute perfection. The flat, larger brush allows for quick yet precise application, and I get full opacity in only two coats. It's really the perfect formula - not too thick, not too thin, and while I don't have the steadiest hand in the world, I'm able to obtain perfect application with Rimmel's amazing combination of brush and formula. The wear is fantastic (it doesn't chip for days!) and even without a topcoat it's incredibly glossy and gorgeous. For $3 CAD, I couldn't ask for more - I doubt Chanel's Black Satin, at $28, could mimic this.

on 2/4/2011 7:13:00 PM

LOVE this!! Nice, shiny, deep black color. You can get opaque nails in just one coat if you use a lot on the brush...but mainly in 2 coats. The brush is amazing to apply the paint on, because it is rounded at the bottom and thick. This probably has to be one of my favorite polishes since it lasts a long time also :) definitely recommended!

on 1/31/2011 12:13:00 PM

my favorite black nail polish, very shiny, fast drying and you dont have to put too much on

on 11/14/2010 12:59:00 AM

Great product. Opaque in two coats. I really hate cheapo polishes but, Rimmel is first class. Wonderful brush. Do not hestitate to buy. I normally go for OPI or China Glaze. Rimmel is equal in quality. Love it.

This is a great black - opaque in two coats, easy application, and it doesn't stain. There's not much to say about Black Satin, but if you're looking for a great black creme for a great price, I'd definitely recommend it.

on 10/31/2009 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This must be repromoted for the Winter season, or Halloween. I saw it in a display along with Blood Red and bought both. It's patent shiny black. I've tried this polish before in another shade, and it lasts forever. It's less than $3.

on 10/20/2008 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this polish on its own...
Pros:Rich color
Fast Drying
Minimal chemical smell
Applies right amout of polish
Smooth look
Cons:Doesn't have any...If there are ill update...

on 2/2/2007 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

For $2.49 you can't go wrong. Two coats of this give a great shiny opaque finish, and I topped it off with my Out The Door Northern Lights Holographic Top Coat and now my nails look like the inky black midnight sky with stars strewn across it. Celestial. The wear is average. I'm 3 days in and have 2 minor chips.

Popular Polishes