November 27, 2014 | 1377 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Hot Tools - Ceramic Titanium Professional Curling Iron

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the 2inch "bumper" in titanium. This is a great iron to use to refresh a blowout and bend/curl the ends of the hair in. This 2inch barrel will NOT curl hair like a 1 inch. So if you want ringlets go smaller like 1 inch or even 3/4 inch.

This iron heats up in 1 minute. Love the variable heat settings. Swivel cord that is super long. Good weight to the handle. Spring clip easy to work and I got replacements with my recent new one. Great iron for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by intheflatfield

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the 2" size. The choices in this size barrel are very limited, so I only really had 2 to choose from. This was one choice and the other was a gold plated one. I opted for this one because gold plated is considered more damaging than ceramic, plus I really liked the purple color. I found myself disappointed though. The first thing that I noticed was that I had never had a curling iron leave my hair with so many fly aways and frizz! Curling irons usually tend to curb any frizz/fuzz issues, but this one seemed to make it worse. I did continue to use it though thinking that perhaps it was user error, but nothing I did made that aspect better. But the worse part was that after a fairly short period of use I started to notice purple flecks all over my shoulders and even in my hair after use. The coating had begun chipping and flaking off! The only reason I am giving it a 2 instead of a 1 is that it did heat up quickly, it seemed to remain hot throughout styling, and besides the chipping/flaking coating I did like the design.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by ambinoor

I really really wanted to like the hot tools curling iron since I heard and read and even watched make up gurus use these irons but it was horrible!! I tried the 1.5 inch and the curl didn't even last an hour. I put it on a high setting and hair sprayed the crap out of my hair and it still went limp/turned straight in less than an hour! I definitely have hard to curl hair but I have used cheaper curling irons before that worked the same way and even better! I think ceramic irons seem to work better with my hair so I guess that could be the problem...my curls only looked good for two minutes and it wasn't worth burning my hair for :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this in a 2" so i could smooth out my hair and add a slight bend so it was not so stick straight like a flat iron. this works well, heats up super fast, and does a wonderful job very quickly. i love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I have tried a lot of curling irons, including Chi, Conair, Jilberte and many others. Chi was okay but I think it was too much money and it took too long to warm up. The main issue with Conair and Jilberte from Sally's was that after a while, they start causing hair breakage. If you look at Chi and this iron, you notice an extra coating which looks like paint. On Chi's barrell, it is solid yellow and on these, it is solid purple. My experience tells me that this extra coating prevents hair breakage and makes a lot of difference. Gold and other metal barrells without the extra coating hold curls very well but at the end, they cause severe hair breakage so I do not recommend them at all. The curls with Hot Tools and Chi may not last a long time but here is how you can prolong it: After using the curling process with the iron, turn your head upside down and apply a hairspray. This is much better than damaging your hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This doesnt hold the curl. After 1 hour, my curls fall out making my hair string-y looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've used hot tool curling irons for over 10 years and few years ago i've bought the purple one which is the ceramic version and it is awesome! it curls my hair very quicky and efficiently, the curls stay throughout the day and most of all, my hair feels smooth, not burned or damaged. i have 1 1/4 inch and 1 inch and i plan to buy 1.5 inch soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by tiffando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to get this curling iron after research on ceramic titanium vs. the 24 gold plated. I curled my hair this morning and by the time I got to work it was deflated and straight! I've never had this happen before so I was very shocked and sad. I've used Conair, Revlon and CHI irons; they've all worked. I've heard ceramic does not hold curls well, but my CHI is ceramic and it did wonders. I curled my hair again once I got home to see if I needed to turn the heat higher. The curls did hold for an hour but are deflating again. =( I will have to return this one. Hopefully the24k gold plated Hot Tools works!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by tramdaang

I remember my friend did my hair and she had used a Hot Tools curling iron. I don't remember if she had the same one as me or not, but I loved the results! Usually my hair doesn't stay curled very long ( I have really straight hair) but with this, it lasted quite some time! I knew I had to go out and get a Hot Tools curler.
I got the 3/4 inch curler and I have absolutely LOVED IT! It heats up really fast, with adjustable temperature settings! The curls I get with this at first are really curly, but they loosen up and I love them! I did my friends' hair with this curler as well, and it beats other curlers that I have used. I have 2 conair curlers, and I don't use them anymore. I have had this one for almost a year and it still works very well <3

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have three of these curling irons in different sizes and I really dislike them. I have had other people use them as well and they also said that this curling iron was "just okay." To me, it is the equivalent of a $20 curling iron that you can find at the drugstore.