October 24, 2014 | 1677 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Fructis Body and Volume

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by WendyTran

I used this several years ago.
My hair tends to become oily throughout the day, and this shampoo makesit workse : it made my hair so oily and flat! It actually made my hair look wet...
Horrible, just horrible.

My mom bought a whole box of this -.- Waste of money

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by ef604

This shampoo sucks! Makes my hair so greasy, oily and flat. Seriously, it looks like I didn't even wash my hair! What the hell? Probably the worst shampoo I have ever used. Do not buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by rebs89

I bought this shampoo because Citric acid is the second ingredient and I know that Citric Acid balances the scalp so I figured why not see how long it takes for my hair to get dirty and oily before having to wash it again by trying this shampoo out. Unfortunately, my hair got oilier by the next day. Also, if you do not use the conditioner right after your hair becomes soo dried out you can barely even get your fingers through it. I have had better results with volume and clean hair longer with Vo5 products!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by vblue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product along with the conditioner hoping to bring volume and body to my fine hair. After over a week of use and then two weeks no beneficial results were apparent and my forehead was often itchy from my fringe. It dried out my hair and made it feel artificial. The only good things I found was the low price and the attractive packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2009 9:07:00 AM More reviews by carolinagirl480

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I did not like this shampoo. I have fine hair, and this made my hair super oily and flat. It also felt like there was alot of buildup, and I had to use a clarifying shampoo for it to feel like normal again. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2008 1:21:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

Out of all the drugstore shampoos I've used throughout the years, Garnier has been the only one to deliver results. After I had my son a few months ago, my hair started to fall out and lose it's luster. It became very dry and started falling out. I'm sure there's an explanantion for this, but I don't want to waste time getting into it. Anyways, I tried a bunch of different drugstore shampoos (I'm on a budget) and ended up going back to this shampoo. As soon as I started using it again, the shine and body magically came back to my hair. It stopped falling out and became manageable again. For, ref. my hair is fine and shoulder length and I don't have it colored or chemically treated. It's really hard for me to believe this shampoo backs up all of its claims, but the proof is in the pudding. I will continue to repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Ciaofiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What I thought I hated back in the day has now become my very favorite shampoo!! I love it. Really does leave my fine, oily-prone chin length hair looking clean, fresh, and volumized. I recommend it. Will repurchase. But if you are doubtful, here is my backstory, if you are interested:

Once upon a time I had shoulder-length hair. I bought this shampoo back then, probably around September '07. I hated it, it left my locks so flat and blah. I used it just a few times, and then I decided to just stash it away in the back of the closet with all the other shampoos that I tried and didn't like (a lot). I keep them for my husband to use since his hair is so so so short, every shampoo is fine. But I definitely wasn't going to use it!

This summer I went on a bit of a "no-buy" for shampoo since that back-of-the-closet-stash was getting a bit out of control. :P

I've had an inverted chin-length bob since Dec. 07, and recently got it cut so that a lot of the weight was taken out. I tried this shampoo again since I decided to work through the stash this summer, on days where what my hair looked like didnt matter at all. I just wanted to get it clean.
Well, WOW. I thought maybe it was just my hair being short and layered. No. Because when I went to a different shampoo my hair looked flat again. Tried this the next time I shampooed. WOW again!!! Without fail, when I use this shampoo, my hair is so much better!
So, having a good cut helps, obviously, but I am so glad I gave this a another chance. Also, it isnt fading my semipermanent dye any faster than a colorsafe shampoo. PERFECT. The end. :D

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2008 1:35:00 AM More reviews by niiinakim

It has a good smell, but definitely didn't add any volume to my hair. Would not recommend to anyone looking for volume.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by hell0kitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would like to say something about all these chemical shampoos. That includes most of the drugstore shampoos like Herbal Essences, Garnier, Pantene, L'Oreal, etc, etc, etc. If you can't even pronounce the ingredients, chances are they are chemical ingredients that are BAD for you, and your hair. Everyday, we encounter many many chemicals from the food to the whatevers. It's time we MINIMIZE the use of chemcials and go natural. Not only does this benefit you, but it benefits the environment also.

Gosh, I sound like an advertisement.

But what I'm really trying to say is, chemical shampoos are bad for you and if you want truly healthy hair, go for natural shampoos. Start researching to know which ingredients are good, and which are not. MUA is a wonderful place to look at product reviews.

After I've switched to natural shampoos, my hair has been so much healthier and less dried out. If you're complaining about your regular shampoo drying your hair out, then make a change!

Natural shampoos are NOT more expensive, most of the times, they're cheaper! You might go through what is called the "adjustment stage" where your hair becomes limp and dry, but if you keep going, your hair will make the best transformation. (Just look at some of the reviews, people have kept using the shampoo during the "stage", and the result was beautiful healthy hair).

Happy hunting!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I loved the way it smelled and I was hoping for some volume. I have a lot of hair, but it's very fine and slick. This shampoo and condition left a gross film in my hair and my hair felt waxy and greasy all day. I tried it again and again and rinsed for an extra long time and still I had the same results. Too bad, it smells really good!