April 18, 2014 | 1837 users online

Styling Products - Sexy Hair Concepts - Smooth and Seal Aerated Anti Frizz Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok I hate myself right now:( I'm on the "Wen" program so I don't use "other" products....but seriously the humidity here is just unreal!!! Yesterday,I used my prods, my hair looked amazing, then I go out into the horrid humidity and by the time I get to work I'm rocking Christina Aguilera hair circa Lady Marmalade...not happy:(
So today I broke out my trusty stash of Sexy Anti-Frizz. This used to be my HG of hair products back in the day when I was abusing my hair with flatirons and curling irons...My hair always was smooth, shiny and well-behaved....But then I went flatiron crazy and along with bleach every 3 weeks, ruined my hair--oops :( So after getting a serious trim, I started on Wen and my hair looks amazing and is growing out awesome!! But, there's nothing in his line that works on my hair during super super humid weather. I had been just going with the whole curly look, but I don't have alot of time in the morning for applying products, using the blowdryer and round brush, then using more products--I love love love my Wen, but I needed a shortcut and this is it.

Ok, on the one hand, it smells totally toxic--like literally the fumes choke me til I want to pass out...I don't know who said it smells good but I disagree. Unless you're some sort of toxic monster, this stuff reeks no getting around it...and the stench lingers forever. I find it doesn't burn my lungs so badly if I take a section of hair, spray it on my hands and smooth it through...Much less product usage that way, and my lungs are that much happier.lol

Seriously though, this stuff smooths hair like nobody's business. There is nothing, nothing, on the market that can compete with this stuff and I've tried it all. You need to use it lightly though because if you don't it feels like you've sprayed your hair with Pam...very *not* sexy :(LOL But if you use it lightly, it is like gold for your hair...Today my hair is smooth as glass, straight, no frizz--and the humidity is off the charts!!!

Wen is a great line--I love and adore it and will use nothing else, so I feel like I'm "cheating" on it with this stuff, but seriously when the weather is beyond horrible, you need to up your game to handle it--and this stuff is a game changer!
((So sorry Chaz--I still love ya ))lol

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Elenita55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't rave enough about this product.
It's AMAZING. I sometimes use it on damp hair and blow dry, and sometimes on dry hair and blow dry. I have wavy coarse haïr. Honestly, not only is this product work wonders in humidity, but I can't get enough of the scent of it! If the sent came in body spray, I'd buy it.

Wish it came in small travel size for those times I'm on vacation ( especially in hot places).

Strong recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by celina5847

I purchased mine off of Ebay (silver bottle w/ pink cap). I love this spray..it really does keep the frizzies away. Makes my hair super shiny, this is a MUST when the air is humid. It can make hair look greasy but I find that spraying the palms of my hand then running through my hair is the best way to apply to the crown area.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by melissa5locks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair is thick, not colored, but prone to frizz in the heat. After using the Shielo Hydrate line, my hair doesn't feel at all frizzy, and the Antioxidant leave in protectant spray just tops it all off perfectly. You can expect to feel a difference in your hair after the first application, I would say.

The shampoo and conditioners are very thick, so they don't drop through your fingers down the drain. But you will need to work it through your hair. Personally, I like that a lot, I lose a lot of money slipping through my fingers down the drain!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this spray for years; my hair isn't the same without it. Never has there been a better defender against humidity! I use it as a finishing spray every time I blow out my hair and I think this is what keeps it straight and sleek for the next few days. Humidity, rain, sweat - no match for this stuff. Gives a bit of shine before it dries, and dries "clean", without weighing down hair or leaving it with any residue. The bottles are huge and can last quite a while, depending on how much you use, but I'm sure I've had times where I have used the same bottle for a year +. Definitely recommend this if you want smooth, sleek hair - and who doesn't?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by KiwiPi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't rave enough about this product. I have short, bobbed hair that I have struggled for YEARS with to get it to lie straight in the front. I have a big swatch of hair on either side of my face that just wants to CURL...doesn't respond to straightening balms or sprays or gels or ANYTHING with any kind of consistency. Recently my stylist introduced me to this product, and I'm never going back! I work outside a lot--often in heat and humidity--and with this spray, my hair ACTUALLY STAYS FLAT. It gives it a nice, silky texture, even into the second day after washing. I load up the curly areas with it before I use my flatiron and then add a little afterwards, and voila. A little pricey, but SOOOOO worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the smooth and seal product.

I love this - as are so many of us who frequent this site, I'm a product junkie, so if I re-purchase something without trying another product first, I know I've found a HG. I'm on probably my third can of this (with a fourth stashed away), and it never disappoints.

I've got long (bra strap length) hair that's naturally wavy, but only in the back. (I know - makes absolutely no sense!) I usually blow it dry and then roll it on large hot rollers, and I use my Smooth and Seal immediately after I've finished drying my hair. It seems to tame the areas that tend to be frizzy even after I've blown it dry. (My hair is thick, so I rarely have time to section and dry it properly.)

After I take my hair down from the rollers, I give it a last light spritz with the Smooth and Seal, which leaves it noticeably smoother and shinier without weighing it down or feeling greasy. In fact, one of the things I love most about this product is that it does what it's supposed to do and nothing it isn't: Smooths the hair and seals out the frizz, but doesn't leave my hair heavy at all.

I also love the scent - I find it very fresh and light, not at all overpowering or cloying.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2011 5:12:00 AM More reviews by kisforkristina

When this product existed in the old packaging, I would use it on dry hair as an instant shine spray and it did a very good job of that. However, when they brought this out in the new packaging (dark grey bottle with pink cap), it no longer worked on dry hair. I tried following the instructions and using it prior/during blowdrying and it did the opposite of what it said. Hair ended up frizzier than usual. I'm assuming this is because of the high alcohol content in the product - it just dries hair out and leaves the moisture all out of balance. Halfway empty, the bottle became defective for no reason. Won't be buying it again. Disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by feebeewhiskers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok I will give it to everyone who has rated that this product does a descent job at what it claims-

HOWEVER- I did repost a BETTER picture of the product because I'm not sure how many of these reviews are for the Smooth and Seal product and how many are for the Smooth and Protect product. A smooth and protect picture is what is and that is incorrect.

To be honest, I cannot really comment too much on the performance of this product because the SMELL totally RUINED it for me. It smells like cheap "out dated" lady perfume... and it's suffocating. During the few weeks that I wore the product, I had many comments about my "nasty" or "awful" perfume I was wearing- ***while wearing no perfume, but recently applying the hair product*** I seriously knocked 2 lippies for the smell alone.

It does make my hair shiny when applied but didn't find anything great about the product to rave about

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on the reviews here to get some smooth and shine to my damaged hair I got from a color correction (had to bleach out some too dark color). I like this, I'm not sure if I love it yet. However, I have not used it with a blow dryer - mainly because I didn't want to apply any heat to my dry already damaged hair. Now that my damage is practically gone, I'm going to use you girl's advice and try it with the blow dryer. I don't use this every time either. But regardless, I do really like this spray and I plan to repurchase. It takes care of frizz and gives my hair a little shine.