September 18, 2014 | 1951 users online

Makeup Brushes - Smashbox - Arched Liner #21

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got this brush in a Smashbox eyeliner palette so I can't comment on the price or the packaging. I wouldn't buy this only because the bristles splayed and I find even before that happened I had trouble getting a very thin line with this brush. It's pretty floppy. Although it might be my technique, I don't think it is. That said, this is my favorite eyeliner brush currently in my collection only because it's slanted. I'm so glad I got to try out one like this because it's made me want to buy others in this same style - it makes applying cream eyeliners SO easy! So yeah, I can't complain!

If my review helped you, click yes below!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, I do not get the good reviews on this. I have tried them ALL, LM, Chanel, Dior (worst), Sephora, etc. and the BEST for a tight line is Studio Gear! I can't believe it either but it may be do to taste, I wanted really firm, compact and very pointed bristles and that is what the SG one gives me at a reasonable price. I even bought two, as I am so used to these splaying. The smashbox will splay and I can't understand why anyone would want to use it, other than it does have he arch and I like that (SG does too).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best eyeliner brush ever! I love bent liner brushes! This one is pretty and it makes doing a winged line oh so easy! I think it's worth the money! If you treat it right it last a long time! I feel if I let it dry with a little liner on it it kinda hardens it a tiny bit and when I apply it I can get a cleaner line. Weird I know.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush makes lining with cream liner quick and simple!

One downfall that people might associate with a natural hair eyeliner brush is bristles splaying out. But I found that I didn't need to worry about that much. Because you are essentially adhering the bristles to each other by coating it with cream eyeliner, it doesn't matter if the bristles are splayed out since you are going to get a thin tip anyway when you get product on the brush. None of the bristles in my brush have fallen out, but I can see how that might happen of you pull on the bristles to get dried liner off when cleaning your brush. I find that rolling the brush in the palm of your hand with soap cleanser of choice is best for cleansing.

The brush works well to create a thin line on the upper lash line. Depending on how much pressure you apply, the line's width can change. Another factor that helps application is the angled head of the brush. The angle helps you angle the tip along your eye.

The only thing I have to complain about with this brush is that because the tip is a pointed tip with longer bristles than you would find in a flat liner brush, you have to take care to not apply too much pressure when trying to get product on your brush - especially if your pot of cream liner is not as soft and creamy as when you first got it. The bristles might bend. Therefore you sort of have to get the entire tip of the brush into the liner which ends up making a mess on the black part of the brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was always skeptical about the utility of an arced liner brush (BeneFit has had one for years), but I'm now a believer. I received a mini version of this brush in a swap for a Smashbox liner palette, and decided to use it with the kit instead of one of my (many) other liner brushes. Wow! This gives incredible control with cream or gel liner. I used to hate lining my eyes because it was always a crapshoot--I rarely got the effect I wanted (thin at the inner corner, thickening to the outer). I can do that perfectly with this brush. I've washed this several times (after each use) and have not had problems with the hairs splaying (so far). I plan to buy the full-sized version of this little gem. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by albrygold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Liquid or gel eyeliner used to be unwearable because my hands shook and I couldn't draw a straight line. The shape of this brush allows for perfect application.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by riamaynes

I'm having a hard time applying lash line and got to watch a youtube video using an arched liner brush. It seemed to make application easy so I was convinced I need to buy one.

This is the best liner brush for me. It made application so easy.
It allows you to control the strokes well and reach corners of your inner eye w/o obstructing vision :) That way, you can see if you're lining correctly. Plus, I love the fine pointed bristles.
I clean it with a brush cleaner. Just spray the cleaner, wipe it with paper/cloth towel then it's good to store.
The only thing I don't like is the price. It's expensive. So I am expecting it will last long so it will be worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this special angled liner brush is easy to draw a smooth liner. Love it.
Probably the best eye liner brush I ever had.

However if you are skillful about eye liner it really doesn't that matter what kind eye liner brush, I can get a smooth effect from a cheap E.L.F or Urban Decay liner brush.
So I only got one so far not feel necessary to spend so much to buy more. I like to have lot of dirty brushes and wash them all at once so I have lot of less expensive ones. But for a beginner, I definitely recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by jellybaby21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okso I only used the brush for the first time today and I know some reviews say the brush doesn't work so well after a few uses, so I will update in the future. However, for now, this is the BEST eyeliner brush I have ever used, it is so great for doing thin lines (which I have never been able to do on myself before). I used this with liquid liner which I have sitting in my drawer barely used as I have never been able to apply it properly before, but now I can!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by casamia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

If you want to have thin line, stay away from this brush. It applies thick eye liner well. Overall, I don't like it that much. Will not recommend it.