L'Oreal Superior Preference Les Blondissimes

3.1

on 12/7/2014 4:51:00 PM

My hair background: naturally dark ash blond. Hair stripped of a dark brown dye with color oops, dyed with a medium ash blonde (came out golden strawberry blond) + frost and glow highlights (blond). I want to go BLONDE. I had tiny roots. I did a strand test on the darker, more golden strands to see what i could get in 45 minutes. It came out unchanged....I knew the highlights and the roots were going to be lighter, but i didn't know how the brassy hair were gonna turn out. I did it anyway, and left the whole thing for 50 minutes. My hair is porous but also short (Jennifer Lawrence's pixie) and in some places so roots and lengths are pretty much the same.
I rinsed, toned with my violet/blue shampoo, and left the conditionner for a few minutes.
Results: My hair is a somewhat even pale yellow blonde, pale ashy blonde at the roots and highlights, and very yellow elsewhere. Some strands are a bit orange but it's not very noticeable. Overall I am satisfied. I will continue toning everytime i wash my hair. I might wait a month and do a frost and glow in platinum...I will see.
In any cases, DO NOT USE on hair that's dyed darker than medium blonde. It simply will not work. If your hair is brown but virgin, it will lift, otherwise it won't. The side of the box shows that you can use it if your hair is light brown. Yes, but only if it's virgin.
Otherwise i think it's a good dye: it smells as bad as the others (no surprise there) it damages as much as the others (which means depending on your hair condition, can vary between very little damage to some... in my case somewhat dryer). The formula is easy to mix (2 bottles instead of a bottle and an awkward tube) but beware it is RUNNY. More than other dyes I've used. I took off a lippie because it's 14$ (here in Canada), it's runny and my hair is still very yellow. But overall i recommend this product.

on 11/22/2014 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I usually go to Sally's and use loreal's hicolor hilights blondes but it's far from home so I used the dye with 30vol developer that I had at home. It came out a but brassier than If I had used hicolor. Not too bad but I won't be using this again. I'll stick to what I trust next time. Lol

on 7/21/2014 11:14:00 PM

I used this to touch up my roots in between salon visits. It made my roots VERY brassy with lots of yellow/orange. I had to go to my salon anyway for a color correction after using this. DO NOT USE!!

on 7/5/2014 8:08:00 PM

My hair is only a level 6.5 ash and this product only lightened it to a warm gold. Not the platinum it had promised. So now I have golden roots with platinum ends. And I followed the directions exactly. I really wouldn't buy this product again. I still can't find a good way to lighten my roots! On the bright side the conditioner smelled fabulous, and worked really well on my coarse hair.

on 5/24/2014 6:10:00 PM

I bought this in LB01 extra light ash blonde. My natural hair color is light brown, but I keep it an all over blonde using boxed hair color. For reference, I usually use Garnier white chocolate #111. I always buy an ash blonde because my hair pulls a lot of red when coloring, and the ash really helps cut through the red. This color gave me the lift I was looking for. It was slightly gold at the roots, which is why I'm only giving it 4 lippies. But by no means did I have the dreaded hot roots, just a little more golden than what I prefer. The Garnier #111 is sometimes hard to find, so I decided to try this one. I applied it to my roots only . I never apply ash dyes to my ends because it will turn it grey/blue, since my hair is so porous from coloring it all the time. I was nervous trying a new kind so I only left it on the recommended time (40 or 45 minutes, I can't remember the exact time the directions said). I plan on buying this again and leaving it on longer next time to see if it will be less gold. It seemed to be less drying than the Garnier, and it came with a large tube of amazing conditioner that is supposed to last 6 weeks, one use a week. I dye my hair every 4 weeks so it will last me, but I don't think I could get 6 uses out of it. My hair is slightly past my shoulders. It's been about two weeks and I haven't experienced any fading so far. Overall I am very happy with the color and condition of my hair, and I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 5/19/2014 12:48:00 PM

Wow! This product made my hair look beautiful! And I have NEVER said that before, even when it's been done professionally! I used Shade LB 02 and I had about an inch of root growth that is pretty light brown. The rest of my hair was a darker blonde that looked brassy and I wanted to get it lighter. I applied to the ends first and then the roots as directed. I did not leave on the whole time as I could tell that my hair was light enough and so washed it slightly earlier. This stuff lifts hair amazingly well for a box dye. Within minutes of applying I could see it lifting the color. I've had a lot of bad experiences with box dye, and lightening and bleaching so I don't know if this is just a one off for me but I will definitely repurchase! My hair is exactly the same color as shows on box and feels soft and looks shiny even. Thanks loreal you made my day!!!

This definitely does not work for women with dark brown hair.

I am naturally brunette who gets my hair blonde at the salon. However, between visits, I began using drugstore bought hair dye to lighten my hair 1 shade so that there isn't a stark contrast between my naturally very dark brown hair. The John Frieda Ash Blonde mousse dye worked and lightened my hair to a medium-dark brown hair within 15 minutes.

However, I had read reviews and seen videos depicting women with medium brown hair going blonde using this hair dye and the box shows a light blonde result for women with light brown hair. Please note that I did not want my hair to be as light as what was depicted on the box, I wanted a simple lift to a medium brown. Instead, I got in touch with my Irish roots and ended up with an ORANGE color on my roots. So I now have highlighted blonde hair on a light ashy brown base with ORANGE ROOTS. Fortunately, I can just drop by my local beauty store and pick up a wella Ivory Lady and turn it into Ash brown.

on 2/19/2014 10:39:00 PM

I have been highlighting my hair for the last year, and I have yet to achieve the blonde that I want, I also hate spending 150 dollars every 2 months at a salon. So I felt brave enough to dye my hair by myself. My hair is full of highlights ranging from Medium blonde- light blonde, so I didn't really have high expectations, I wouldn't have been surprised if something went wrong.

I had a list of all of the blonde dyes with good reviews, but I ended up forgetting it at home, so on a whim I chose L'Oreal Superior Preference Les Blondissimes LB02, of course when I got home and read reviews for this one, I realized I chose the shade with the worst review....figures. I decided to try it anyway. I am not disappointed.

My hair is now pretty much platinum, which is what I wanted. One problem, my roots are slightly brassy, I used a medium blonde on my roots a week ago, so it was a different color than the rest of my hair. If your hair is medium blonde or darker, I would reconsider using lb02

My hair is shot. My scalp is burnt. I dye my hair frequently and with confidence. Please think twice!

on 7/26/2013 6:41:00 PM

I am really surprised at the low rating that this coloring has received. I have used pretty much every L'Oreal hair coloring there is and this is by far the best. My natural color is light/medium brown. I use Blondissimes Extra Light Natural Blonde and this is the first hair color not to leave my hair brassy. It is pretty true to the color on the box which is amazing considering how dark my natural color is. It also comes with a generous tube of killer conditioner. I hope they never discontinue this product. Only downside is that is does have a strong smell.

Popular Hair Color Products