April 19, 2014 | 1118 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Superior Preference Les Blondissimes

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by doeeyedingenue

This definitely does not work for women with dark brown hair.

I am naturally brunette who gets my hair blonde at the salon. However, between visits, I began using drugstore bought hair dye to lighten my hair 1 shade so that there isn't a stark contrast between my naturally very dark brown hair. The John Frieda Ash Blonde mousse dye worked and lightened my hair to a medium-dark brown hair within 15 minutes.

However, I had read reviews and seen videos depicting women with medium brown hair going blonde using this hair dye and the box shows a light blonde result for women with light brown hair. Please note that I did not want my hair to be as light as what was depicted on the box, I wanted a simple lift to a medium brown. Instead, I got in touch with my Irish roots and ended up with an ORANGE color on my roots. So I now have highlighted blonde hair on a light ashy brown base with ORANGE ROOTS. Fortunately, I can just drop by my local beauty store and pick up a wella Ivory Lady and turn it into Ash brown.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by AngelaStalker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been highlighting my hair for the last year, and I have yet to achieve the blonde that I want, I also hate spending 150 dollars every 2 months at a salon. So I felt brave enough to dye my hair by myself. My hair is full of highlights ranging from Medium blonde- light blonde, so I didn't really have high expectations, I wouldn't have been surprised if something went wrong.

I had a list of all of the blonde dyes with good reviews, but I ended up forgetting it at home, so on a whim I chose L'Oreal Superior Preference Les Blondissimes LB02, of course when I got home and read reviews for this one, I realized I chose the shade with the worst review....figures. I decided to try it anyway. I am not disappointed.

My hair is now pretty much platinum, which is what I wanted. One problem, my roots are slightly brassy, I used a medium blonde on my roots a week ago, so it was a different color than the rest of my hair. If your hair is medium blonde or darker, I would reconsider using lb02

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by carolynbuntin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair is shot. My scalp is burnt. I dye my hair frequently and with confidence. Please think twice!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by barbara1125

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am really surprised at the low rating that this coloring has received. I have used pretty much every L'Oreal hair coloring there is and this is by far the best. My natural color is light/medium brown. I use Blondissimes Extra Light Natural Blonde and this is the first hair color not to leave my hair brassy. It is pretty true to the color on the box which is amazing considering how dark my natural color is. It also comes with a generous tube of killer conditioner. I hope they never discontinue this product. Only downside is that is does have a strong smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by teatimes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used Blondissmes in LB01. Over the past couple months I've been dying my hair to get it progressively lighter over time (trying to avoid the salon and not fry my hair at the same time). The previous two times I've dyed my hair I used Garnier Belle Ash blonde in shade 81 and then 91. I thought I'd try Blondissmes to really kick it up a notch. I bought it and THEN read the reviews, classic mistake. I was a bit weary after reading the reviews on here but I went with it anyway.

PRO #1: It did lighten my hair, although nowhere near the color on the box, but a medium-light golden blonde, sort of yellowy, some streaks are a pretty non-yellow blonde (My hair was previously a dark golden blonde color from the aforementioned dye jobs and a bit yellowy). It's hard to say what color it will be for other hair types/colors.

PRO #2: Nice full tube of conditioner, I loaded it on too. My hair feels soft.

CON #1: It is pretty toxic. The smell didn't bother me too much until I dyed the hair around my face and my eyes literally watered down my face. It mildly irritated my scalp (more than other dyes) and one spot on my scalp in particular, I'm not sure why, but it was unpleasant.

CON #2: There's too many steps! Put on ends, wait 15, put on roots, wait 20, run throughout hair, wait 10. I did follow these steps and I had to take my gloves off and on 3 times which isn't all that easy, but I did it because I was afraid of getting way lighter roots.

Personally, to me the pros aren't enough to outweigh the cons. It felt too toxic to be doing on my own at home. I will not be using it in the future to touch up my roots, particularly because the roots were the worst part (for pain and color stripping). I'd recommend finding an alternative dye, and to look at reviews before you buy! Good luck :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by HeidiML

Well, I feel like I'll be writing a 2-in-1 review. 1) loving this product and 2) hating it. Here's the breakdown:

*Background: my hair is shoulder length blonde (highlights, color) and my roots are darker blonde. I've been alternating color and bleaching, all done at home. I've colored my hair at home for years. My go-to color is L'Oreal Excellence Creme 9 or 91/2 NB. Problem with that is the color was just "flat" blonde. I wanted to go more ash/cooler. I do tone with purple conditioner.

UPDATE: Used this color a second time about 6 weeks after first use; left it on my roots for an hour. Ran color through the rest of my hair, left on for just under 5 min. *Perfect*! No orange root tint, nice overall color. This is a very very light blonde shade but as with any color it's still not going to lift color like bleach so it might not blonde-up darker hair. Color lasts n lasts, very little fading.

Followed the directions for first time using this shade. They're odd directions - apply FIRST to the middle/ends of hair. Let sit 15 min, THEN apply to roots. Leave on for 30 min/45 min. total. Even as I was doing this I thought uh-uh, I should be doing my roots first.

This product turned parts of my hair blue while it was processing, especially on previously bleached areas. My hair wasn't turning blue - just being toned to that ashy/cool color. Glad I was told about this ahead of time or I might of freaked out (just a little).

**Pros: LOVE the color of my hair (middle and ends) with this product! Just the most beautiful cool/ash blonde!!! Catches the light and there's a shine that I've never gotten before with box color. It looks absolutely salon done; just a pretty pretty pretty color. Yah! Also, incredible conditioner and a generous size tube.
Bonus is my hair feels incredibly soft, in great condition. Really after coloring I've never had my hair feel/look this great.

**Cons: Messy drippy application. (I'm used to the ease/neatness of Excellence Creme). *Very* strong smell, plan on mega plenty ventilation when applying this product. Also, this is the first color that I've ever felt on my scalp. I wouldn't say it was burning, but it was a weak sting. This did go away during processing but it was kinda freaky at first. OK - all that would be tolerable except this product, while giving me awesome main color, left my roots orange! I've been coloring my hair for years and this is the only time I've had such orange roots. Ugh. They did seem to fade into more of a blonde after a couple of days. Even so, I did a root touch up (Clairol root touch up 10). Never have had to redo roots only a couple days after an all over color! I checked some Youtube reviews of this product and yup - the same "orange roots" complaint. Very strange.

**The Overall: I love/hate this stuff. The love is the gorgeous color all over!! Just the color I've been looking for! The hate is the strong odor/sting and my orange roots. Honestly, I think the directions for first time application are messed up. Roots should be done first, then the rest of the hair, even for first time. Especially since it's blonde. I'll try this color again and since that'll be a re-color I will do roots first. If I end up with orange roots again, then I won't try this product again.If that's the case I can find a nice ash/cooler color in Excellence Creme. However, I really hope it does work second time around b/c lemme tell you, the overall color is just gorgeous!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by SuzieQ76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My hair is coloured a very light blonde, but my roots are considerably darker, so I decided to pick up a bottle of this hair colour as I've used it so many times before with no problems. I bought the LB01 shade (Ultra Light Ash Blonde) in Superior Preference Les Blondissimes and applied it to my brown roots. It barely made a difference to my hair color, but it burned my scalp so severely that I now have huge red sores on my head and a flaky, crusty scalp! It almost looks like psoriasis on my scalp. It actually bled in some spots!
I've never had this problem before with this hair dye, they must have done something to the formula. It was always one of my favorites, and it always gave me a beautiful shade of ash/platinum blonde. This time it only lightened my roots to a gold blonde, and I have a very sore and painful scalp! Not impressed...don't know why companies have to mess with a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by elliedrews

I already have sort of light dirty blonde hair, and I got it professionally highlighted to a very light platinum five months ago. That was super expensive so for a touch-up I went for a package and this one worked well. My roots are a tad brassy-looking after a day, but overall I'm happy with it. I'm planning on dying my hair lilac so I wanted to lighten overall first and this did the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kellyjr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used the Ultra Light Ash Blonde color for years and suddenly wanted to try bleaching my hair instead. I bleached it a few times and it was fine, but we were having pictures done and my roots were getting pretty bad, so I ran to walmart & bought more of this. I am SO glad I came back to this. I hope I never stray again. It comes out the perfect shade of ash blonde, it has a toner in it so it never looks too brassy (I use a violet shampoo as well), and my hair is so soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by pfeen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The only thing that worked on my dark brown hair, even the salons couldn't get it blonde. I will definitely buy this again.