October 25, 2014 | 1759 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Superior Preference Les Blondissimes

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by amgreen2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this to touch up my roots in between salon visits. It made my roots VERY brassy with lots of yellow/orange. I had to go to my salon anyway for a color correction after using this. DO NOT USE!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by poshpixie88

My hair is only a level 6.5 ash and this product only lightened it to a warm gold. Not the platinum it had promised. So now I have golden roots with platinum ends. And I followed the directions exactly. I really wouldn't buy this product again. I still can't find a good way to lighten my roots! On the bright side the conditioner smelled fabulous, and worked really well on my coarse hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by becca352

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in LB01 extra light ash blonde. My natural hair color is light brown, but I keep it an all over blonde using boxed hair color. For reference, I usually use Garnier white chocolate #111. I always buy an ash blonde because my hair pulls a lot of red when coloring, and the ash really helps cut through the red. This color gave me the lift I was looking for. It was slightly gold at the roots, which is why I'm only giving it 4 lippies. But by no means did I have the dreaded hot roots, just a little more golden than what I prefer. The Garnier #111 is sometimes hard to find, so I decided to try this one. I applied it to my roots only . I never apply ash dyes to my ends because it will turn it grey/blue, since my hair is so porous from coloring it all the time. I was nervous trying a new kind so I only left it on the recommended time (40 or 45 minutes, I can't remember the exact time the directions said). I plan on buying this again and leaving it on longer next time to see if it will be less gold. It seemed to be less drying than the Garnier, and it came with a large tube of amazing conditioner that is supposed to last 6 weeks, one use a week. I dye my hair every 4 weeks so it will last me, but I don't think I could get 6 uses out of it. My hair is slightly past my shoulders. It's been about two weeks and I haven't experienced any fading so far. Overall I am very happy with the color and condition of my hair, and I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by lorena88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! This product made my hair look beautiful! And I have NEVER said that before, even when it's been done professionally! I used Shade LB 02 and I had about an inch of root growth that is pretty light brown. The rest of my hair was a darker blonde that looked brassy and I wanted to get it lighter. I applied to the ends first and then the roots as directed. I did not leave on the whole time as I could tell that my hair was light enough and so washed it slightly earlier. This stuff lifts hair amazingly well for a box dye. Within minutes of applying I could see it lifting the color. I've had a lot of bad experiences with box dye, and lightening and bleaching so I don't know if this is just a one off for me but I will definitely repurchase! My hair is exactly the same color as shows on box and feels soft and looks shiny even. Thanks loreal you made my day!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by doeeyedingenue

This definitely does not work for women with dark brown hair.

I am naturally brunette who gets my hair blonde at the salon. However, between visits, I began using drugstore bought hair dye to lighten my hair 1 shade so that there isn't a stark contrast between my naturally very dark brown hair. The John Frieda Ash Blonde mousse dye worked and lightened my hair to a medium-dark brown hair within 15 minutes.

However, I had read reviews and seen videos depicting women with medium brown hair going blonde using this hair dye and the box shows a light blonde result for women with light brown hair. Please note that I did not want my hair to be as light as what was depicted on the box, I wanted a simple lift to a medium brown. Instead, I got in touch with my Irish roots and ended up with an ORANGE color on my roots. So I now have highlighted blonde hair on a light ashy brown base with ORANGE ROOTS. Fortunately, I can just drop by my local beauty store and pick up a wella Ivory Lady and turn it into Ash brown.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by AngelaStalker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been highlighting my hair for the last year, and I have yet to achieve the blonde that I want, I also hate spending 150 dollars every 2 months at a salon. So I felt brave enough to dye my hair by myself. My hair is full of highlights ranging from Medium blonde- light blonde, so I didn't really have high expectations, I wouldn't have been surprised if something went wrong.

I had a list of all of the blonde dyes with good reviews, but I ended up forgetting it at home, so on a whim I chose L'Oreal Superior Preference Les Blondissimes LB02, of course when I got home and read reviews for this one, I realized I chose the shade with the worst review....figures. I decided to try it anyway. I am not disappointed.

My hair is now pretty much platinum, which is what I wanted. One problem, my roots are slightly brassy, I used a medium blonde on my roots a week ago, so it was a different color than the rest of my hair. If your hair is medium blonde or darker, I would reconsider using lb02

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by carolynbuntin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair is shot. My scalp is burnt. I dye my hair frequently and with confidence. Please think twice!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by barbara1125

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am really surprised at the low rating that this coloring has received. I have used pretty much every L'Oreal hair coloring there is and this is by far the best. My natural color is light/medium brown. I use Blondissimes Extra Light Natural Blonde and this is the first hair color not to leave my hair brassy. It is pretty true to the color on the box which is amazing considering how dark my natural color is. It also comes with a generous tube of killer conditioner. I hope they never discontinue this product. Only downside is that is does have a strong smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by teatimes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used Blondissmes in LB01. Over the past couple months I've been dying my hair to get it progressively lighter over time (trying to avoid the salon and not fry my hair at the same time). The previous two times I've dyed my hair I used Garnier Belle Ash blonde in shade 81 and then 91. I thought I'd try Blondissmes to really kick it up a notch. I bought it and THEN read the reviews, classic mistake. I was a bit weary after reading the reviews on here but I went with it anyway.

PRO #1: It did lighten my hair, although nowhere near the color on the box, but a medium-light golden blonde, sort of yellowy, some streaks are a pretty non-yellow blonde (My hair was previously a dark golden blonde color from the aforementioned dye jobs and a bit yellowy). It's hard to say what color it will be for other hair types/colors.

PRO #2: Nice full tube of conditioner, I loaded it on too. My hair feels soft.

CON #1: It is pretty toxic. The smell didn't bother me too much until I dyed the hair around my face and my eyes literally watered down my face. It mildly irritated my scalp (more than other dyes) and one spot on my scalp in particular, I'm not sure why, but it was unpleasant.

CON #2: There's too many steps! Put on ends, wait 15, put on roots, wait 20, run throughout hair, wait 10. I did follow these steps and I had to take my gloves off and on 3 times which isn't all that easy, but I did it because I was afraid of getting way lighter roots.

Personally, to me the pros aren't enough to outweigh the cons. It felt too toxic to be doing on my own at home. I will not be using it in the future to touch up my roots, particularly because the roots were the worst part (for pain and color stripping). I'd recommend finding an alternative dye, and to look at reviews before you buy! Good luck :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by HeidiML

Well, I feel like I'll be writing a 2-in-1 review. 1) loving this product and 2) hating it. Here's the breakdown:

*Background: my hair is shoulder length blonde (highlights, color) and my roots are darker blonde. I've been alternating color and bleaching, all done at home. I've colored my hair at home for years. My go-to color is L'Oreal Excellence Creme 9 or 91/2 NB. Problem with that is the color was just "flat" blonde. I wanted to go more ash/cooler. I do tone with purple conditioner.

UPDATE: Used this color a second time about 6 weeks after first use; left it on my roots for an hour. Ran color through the rest of my hair, left on for just under 5 min. *Perfect*! No orange root tint, nice overall color. This is a very very light blonde shade but as with any color it's still not going to lift color like bleach so it might not blonde-up darker hair. Color lasts n lasts, very little fading.

Followed the directions for first time using this shade. They're odd directions - apply FIRST to the middle/ends of hair. Let sit 15 min, THEN apply to roots. Leave on for 30 min/45 min. total. Even as I was doing this I thought uh-uh, I should be doing my roots first.

This product turned parts of my hair blue while it was processing, especially on previously bleached areas. My hair wasn't turning blue - just being toned to that ashy/cool color. Glad I was told about this ahead of time or I might of freaked out (just a little).

**Pros: LOVE the color of my hair (middle and ends) with this product! Just the most beautiful cool/ash blonde!!! Catches the light and there's a shine that I've never gotten before with box color. It looks absolutely salon done; just a pretty pretty pretty color. Yah! Also, incredible conditioner and a generous size tube.
Bonus is my hair feels incredibly soft, in great condition. Really after coloring I've never had my hair feel/look this great.

**Cons: Messy drippy application. (I'm used to the ease/neatness of Excellence Creme). *Very* strong smell, plan on mega plenty ventilation when applying this product. Also, this is the first color that I've ever felt on my scalp. I wouldn't say it was burning, but it was a weak sting. This did go away during processing but it was kinda freaky at first. OK - all that would be tolerable except this product, while giving me awesome main color, left my roots orange! I've been coloring my hair for years and this is the only time I've had such orange roots. Ugh. They did seem to fade into more of a blonde after a couple of days. Even so, I did a root touch up (Clairol root touch up 10). Never have had to redo roots only a couple days after an all over color! I checked some Youtube reviews of this product and yup - the same "orange roots" complaint. Very strange.

**The Overall: I love/hate this stuff. The love is the gorgeous color all over!! Just the color I've been looking for! The hate is the strong odor/sting and my orange roots. Honestly, I think the directions for first time application are messed up. Roots should be done first, then the rest of the hair, even for first time. Especially since it's blonde. I'll try this color again and since that'll be a re-color I will do roots first. If I end up with orange roots again, then I won't try this product again.If that's the case I can find a nice ash/cooler color in Excellence Creme. However, I really hope it does work second time around b/c lemme tell you, the overall color is just gorgeous!