April 21, 2014 | 994 users online

Other - Crest - Pro-Health Toothpaste

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by ktyska

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Stay away from this toothpaste!! I have no idea what Crest did with this toothpaste, but it's horrible. I had a coupon, and my family has always used Crest (the other formulas) so I picked it up. Usually, toothpaste has a "cooling effect" in your mouth, and the blob of paste on your toothbrush kinda melts in your mouth so you can move it around and brush. Hard to explain in writing, but you get the idea--KWIM?
This stuff WARMED in my mouth like a warming face scrub. It was THICK and never thinned out and so GRITTY. It instantly STUNG my gums, cheeks, and tongue. Seriously..I felt like I had that expandable foam stuff, that you use for insulation, in my mouth, along with 10,000 fire ants biting the inside of my mouth. I rinsed, rinsed, and rinsed again to get this crap out of my mouth. After barely one use, my gums and tongue were bright red and stinging.
I didn't get any of the white stringy stuff other people have experienced, but that's because I couldn't even get through one brushing. Throw this in the garbage where it belongs..don't use it anymore if you are using it, you're probably ruining your mouth. Never buys this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this toothpaste for several years now and I quite like it. I haven't had any of the problems with gum sensitivity or it leaving the mouth 'stringy' that other reviewers have experienced.

I am not big on mint generally but this flavor isn't bad. It isn't overwhelming or too sweet and it leaves my mouth feeling cool and clean. It cleans teeth well and freshens breath also. I use the whitening formula and it does help keep my teeth whiter than non-whitening formulas I have used in the past, although the results are not as dramatic as white strips, of course.

This toothpaste has a smooth texture with no grit and lasts awhile. I recommend it overall.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by sylvir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this when it was on sale, and completely regret it... Like many others who have tried Crest Pro Health, I also find the insides of my mouths to be peeling a white jelly substance (which is actually our skin!). It made my mouth feel really gross.

I didn't notice it happening everyday despite the fact that I was using Crest Pro Heath everyday, so at first I was skeptical about what was causing it. But here are some things I did notice:

- My understanding is that a ingredient to try to avoid (which Crest Pro Health has) is "Sodium Lauryl/eth Sulfates (SLS)". It is extremely harsh on the skin.
- Dryness of the mouth seems to be another additional factor to the peeling. I seem to notice the film more if I'm really thirsty.
- Also, the film appeared on days where I use Listerine, especially if I keep the rinse in my mouth for longer than a minute (since I try to multi task).

It seems like a combination of things, so not just the toothpaste itself. But I've never had a problem with Sensodyne + dry mouth + Listerine causing peeling. In the end, I definitely think this toothpaste should be avoided.

Regardless, if you find your mouth to be peeling, stop using it! Better safe than sorry!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I should have read the reviews before buying this. While I think this does a good job of cleaning my teeth, it does irritate my gums a bit. I have not noticed any staining or peeling thank goodness. I do find this an average toothpaste. I usually follow up with the matching mouthwash and I think that has helped get rid of the filmy aftertaste this leaves. I will still use up my tube until something better comes along.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This toothpaste smells & tastes good + gets your teeth really clean, but it makes the insides of my gums peel so bad. I wont repurchase or in a full size. There are effective & less harsh toothpastes out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Jessieisthebomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I ran out of this tooth paste and decided to try sensodyne which was horrible! This toothpaste leaves my breath nice and refreshed and my teeth feeling squeaky clean!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by fyere

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample tube of this several months back, and used it today for the first time. Verdict? Yuck. I will never find out if it's any good for my teeth or not, because the taste is too disgusting to ever fathom putting it onto my toothbrush and into my mouth again. Brushing, it tastes oddly chemical-sweet. Five minutes later, and I'm wondering why the taste in the back of my mouth, clinging to my soft palate and the back of my tongue, isn't going away. It's gummy and tastes faintly of that supremely unpleasant period of time after you've finished throwing up but before you've had a chance to haul yourself up to the sink and rinse your mouth out. I brushed again with a different toothpaste, and gargled, and I can still taste it right now. Crest. Something has gone Very Wrong here.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by nworb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Glad to know that none of us have sudden gum issues (SGI)!!
I think it will take several weeks before I regain the feeling in my mouth again...my gums are so sore and red, and feel as if they have first degree burns on them.
I HATE this toothpaste and the government agency that approved it safe for consumer use! Oh my gosh...if I continued this acid wash, I am convinced my teeth would start to fall out next!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by msmP912

Sorry for the typos in my first post! :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by chiclet

Like some other MUAers, I also noticed soft, white strings on the inside on my cheeks after I use this. It's the skin sloughing off. Blech. I don't know what ingredient causes this but it's not normal and I don't like it.