August 30, 2014 | 1195 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Gentle Exfoliating Daily Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by supnikkki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm so happy this product is discontinued. I am actually so disgusted with the ingredients in this so called "gentle exfoliating" cleanser. Let me lay it flat out:

Disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate: is created using ethylene oxide (carcinogen) where traces and its associate biproducts can remain in the product.
Petrolatum: comes from crude oil - you know, that black stuff.
Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate: when it break down can form nitrosamines (carcinogen).
Polyethyele: 1,4-dioxane (a toxic chemical and potent carcinogen) is generated during the manufacturing process.
DMDM Hydantoin: contains formaldehyde (a known carcinogen).
Cl 77891 and Cl 77007: synthetic colouring from coal tar.

Yeah, really seems like a "good product for your skin". I'm extremely disappointed and disgusted with Dove. It's no surprise why my face feels as though its burning and feels like rubber after I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by jessicaaakayla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only facial cleanser use anymore. I have sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate it in the slightest. Does leave my skin feeling really dry but that's easily fixed with moisturiser. Makes my skin feel excellent and clean while not irritating it, hard to get for my skin type. Will forever buy and recommend! I got one of my male housemates into using this product, and he has skin quite prone to breaking out and he's found he's had less using this cleanser. Great :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Praj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product as i was tired of wasting my money for trying diffrent brands, though was in doubts that it would dry out my skin just as a another Dove cleanser did but to my surprise this product was gentle on my skin and I loved it!
Negative side of this product would be i would only be able to use it in winters cz its too gentle to use it in summers. Plus this product has a diffrent texture and smell which i am not familier with so it still feels weired while useing this!
Overall good product, value for money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by MissusH123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product really cleanses your skin well and because it has a gentle exfolient in it, people with sensitive skin can still use it as its not harsh on your skin while it gives a deep cleansing! I feel fresh after using it and it smells like heaven! I like buy different facial cleansers every time I run out but since I discovered this I will be buying it again and sticking to it! 5/5 from me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by MissClassy

First of all I will say I have been using face washers since I can remember to help rectify my acne-prone skin (which I have grown out of with age) and of all the face washes I've tried, tested, hated and loved, I always seem to come back to this baby! I use MAC studio sculpt throughout the week and Dove is the only one that can truly get all that crap off my skin. This is purely my opinion only and may very person to person though all my girlfriends are using this exact same product and we all agree on the fact it really does the job. I give a 5 overall because It's been a staple face wash of mine since I can remember. Price is a 2 because I pay nothing for this compared to my Clinique system (Which is also amazing). Packaging is great in the tube form because you can never really go wrong with portion sizing.

Overall I must say it's a def product to try out each to their own, after experiencing Acne from mild to serious cases for several years It really has help me over time and I can honestly say Dove has slowly healed my skin from Acne and it's nasty stages. Do try for yourself

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

The first few days of using this cleanser were great. I loved the fine scrubbing particles and the foamy consistency. My skin did not feel overly dry and tight which is always a plus. Fast forward a week and I began to break out with little bumps in different areas of my face. After discontinuing use, my face cleared up completely. Oh well. At lleast I gave it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by welcometothefamily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this product for a while. Scent is non-offensive, and it cleans my face very well. Leaves me with a dry, tight feeling. Nothing a good moisturiser can't help however, I would prefer to go with something a little more natural. Probably wont buy this again now that I've found LUSH skincare.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by patticat68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

It is a very gentle cleanser and doesn't strip my skin. It's not very exfoliating though. It's an ok cleanser for cleaning a bare face, but I need something stronger to completely remove makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by kirstindoyle

Love this scrub! It leaves my face nice and soft and doesn't break me out or dry my skin out like other cleansers tend to do. The exfoliating bits are really fine, but do a really good job. The cleanser itself is thick and foams up nicely in water. I use MAC Studio Tech foundation when I wear makeup, and this cleanser doesn't leave a trace of it behind, which is great because with other cleansers I have to work really hard to get all my makeup off. I have slightly oily skin so I was hesitant to try Dove since their big selling point is moisture, which I was pretty sure my skin has enough of. The bottle says 'for all skin types' so I decided to give it a try. My skin always looks nice and matte after using this, and it surprisingly did a really good job of keeping my from getting oily throughout the day. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of are all the polymers in the cleanser. EDTA...I'm a chem major and I actually made this in the lab for fun one day haha so I'm not sure how good it is for my face. As long as it keeps me from breaking out I'll stick with it though!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Taylortourniquet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, I'm going start with saying I loved this product so much that I stole it from my grandmother.
I find that every time I use this cleanser, my skin is so soft and beautiful. I even take my makeup off with it and it takes off all the product on my face very very well. It doesn't dry out my skin ever.
I love this so much.