April 17, 2014 | 1757 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Different Lipstick - A Different Grape

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by krstnl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a GWP &although I like the quality of it (doesn't dry out my lips, very pigmented, goes on smoothly..) I think that this doesn't fit my warm, light-medium asian skin tone as there are blue/purple undertones to it. I do recommend it to others especially with darker skin tones cause I think this is a gorgeous, dark color perfect for winter &nighttime looks !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I had this in my stash for quite some time before I finally tried it. The name alone turned me off, and made me think this would not be a color that I would like or that would work for me. But I was wrong! It's beautiful! It does not read purple on me at all. I am fair skinned, neutral to slightly warm undertones. I am bad at describing colors, not sure if I would call this a plum or what, but is darker without being too dark, not vampy.

The formula is mostly good for me, however, I'm surprised at how many describe it as moisturizing. I found it drying, it just felt as the moisture was being sucked out of lips as the day went on. It is winter here, though, maybe in the summer when the air isn't so dry it would be better in that regard. It is well pigmented, full coverage, and the staying power is quite good.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by madscientist01

I got this lipstick as a gift; I would have never bought it myself. In terms of quality, this lipstick is great. It's nice and creamy and hydrating, but doesn't look too shiny. Feels great on your lips, the colour is never blotchy, and it doesn't stick to dry patches. It's also very pigmented. But, if you like the colour as it appears in the tube, that's a good thing. Personally, I like really natural nude lip colours, so this is way too bold for me. I just don't like bold lip colours.

If you like dark, wine coloured lipstick, then you'll like this. But, for a fair skinned girl, it looks very dark, and sort of...old. At least I feel old with this shade on. I think this would be best as a gorgeous nude lip colour for darker skinned ladies. But, it ultimately depends on your colour preferences.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very moisstirising, and nice colour, I love it, I have the silver bamboo tube, not th egreen tube withjh silver inside like I have one of those home in a rich darker moisturizing brown. This different lipstick has more than halfway-decent staying-power as it's adark colour anyway, This is a perfect professional sheer to moderate coverage lipstick, I add many layers untill it comes off they I reappply ionly twice a day if needed, it can fade when eating, but drinking and with or without a straw the a different grape lipstick will last you, people commentyed t his, I wear firebwerry matching lipgloss from Clinique over it, hey I can'yt complain and ask for more, it's my body, my opiion, and this is how it works for me

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by hotrocketship

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like Clinique lipsticks. They are beautifully colored, reasonably priced, and always nicely (simply+ gorgeously) packaged. I honed in on A Different Grape after reading Karen's Makeup and Beauty blog (http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/clinique-black-tie-violets-collection-swatch-me-im-falling/) and loving how the color came out on her nc42ish very warm-toned skin. My coloring is similar to hers, except I think my lips are naturally a darker purple, and when I received the lipstick in a swap it came out almost the same. I would say on my lips it's more sheer, not as hot-pinkish, but definitely pinker and brighter than you would expect from just seeing the color in the tube. If you are warm-toned, tanned, medium-skinned and darker: this will make your lips look juicy. It works over chapstick (I always put something under my lipstick to help moisturize) and under lipgloss. Definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by highmaintenancepanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I get a lot of compliments when wearing this lipstick. To some people it looks brown, to others deep red. I think it's a nice berry/wine shade. It's highly pigmented and stays on. It's also very moisturizing. I like the texture of this lipstick a lot. I wear it when I go out - I tried wearing it to work once and felt too "made up". It looks best with a neutral eye.
Definitely buying this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by AmazingBella

I got this lipstick as a free gift from clinique. At first i didnt like this lipstick at all. Like a few other people said, it didn't look flattering. I usually stick to pinks and nudes. I still kept it in my collection. Now that i'm a bit older, i feel like i can start to wear more color on my lips. I pulled this out again and fell in love with it. It is a dark color but you can definitely tone it down by blotting it with some tissue. It's a plummy, berry color. I wore it with very neutral eye makeup, literally almost the color of my skin, which i also think helped make this lipstick look better on me. It's so smooth and not drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like how pigmented the color and how smooth the texture is.
Yes, the color is pretty dark (see photo above with and without gloss), but it's cool to wear in the evening.
If you like dark pigmented colors, then I would recommend this lipstick!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

This shade is extremely pigmented. Maybe it would work better if put on as a light stain with some clear gloss overtop. As much as I want to like it and the formula feels great, it's not looking good when applied full strength directly as all I see in the mirror are Herman Munster's lips looking back at me. Very dark violet and blue undertone which contrasts pale skin in a bad way, at least on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Mia_8030

Received a full sized tube of A Different Grape as part of a GWP.

A Different Grape was easy to apply and blend, scentless, good consistency, hydrating, and a gorgeous plum/purple colour that was not too starkof NC 15 skin. Love to pair it with a taupe or champagne eye to really allow the lipstick to stand out. Packaging is standard style for lipstick. Price isn't as bad as other HE brands -Clinique lipstick prices are on par with MAC, so it is easy to afford a wardrobe of colour options.

Great colour, great lippie! Will repurchase if I finish the two GWP tubes that I have!