October 31, 2014 | 809 users online

Bath Treatments - Grandpa Brands Pine Tar Soap

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by hurlyburly

Just Amazing how effective is this cheap product!

I was using it as a child - back in Russia it was readily available in every store and it was so cheap! I thought that I would never be able to find it in the US, however I was lucky! I stumbled upon this miracle product in Rodman's, it was relatively inexpensive compared to the products that I was buying before and which did little for my acne prone skin.

I have awful acne, blackheads on my nose, uneven skin tone, huge cysts, and oily skin. This soap healed 80% of my acne, cysts are noticeably smaller and less painful, my skin is soft and not as oily, blackheads and large pores are not the problem anymore. I have to admit that the smell of this soap is horrendous - my bathroom literally stinks. However the smell doesn't linger on my skin or on my hair if I use it as a shampoo.

On the overall I think everyone who ran out of ways to tackle the problem of acne-prone skin should definitely give this product a try. If you don't like it or if it doesn't work for you then its cheap enough to throw it away without any regrets.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by sewgypsy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I discovered this product years ago!!! It cleans EVERYTHING!!! You can literally wash dishes with it...perfect camping item, so Im told. I love it for my oily, acne ridden skin as well as for any type of rash or irritated skin that happens along. It's also great for scalp irritations, includinfg dandruff and for a clarifying hair wash before deep conditioning.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by DagnyEvelyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic soap for cleaning. For smelling? Not so much... I've heard people say you get used to the smell... but if I go into the bathroom after someone has been using it, I feel like I've been punched in the nose by hot tar on a summer day. Let's be clear.. the soap does not leave a smell on your body. That would intolerable. But it does louse up your bathroom something fierce... which without proper ventilation is pretty heinous.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by mauradublin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow--this soap is great. I have been using for a week now as my regular products just seem to be too harsh. Using the Pine Tar by GrandPa my skin is 75% softer and incredibly less dry--the difference is very noticeable. I have just ordered 4 more bars. I use it on my face and it is remarkable how much my skin has improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lizebath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried many cleansing products targeted for sensitive/rosacea/acne prone skin and most leave me feeling dry and/or break me out afterwards. The pine tar soap does a great job at cleaning the skin, while not over-drying. I also believe it helps with breakouts. I have just recently purchased several bars because it is dirt cheap!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This cleared up my acne, plain and simple. Everything I was using stopped working, and I began getting cysts again. I bought this just to make my skin soft and ward off mosquitoes, but I figured I'd use it on my face too. Within three days my overall skin texture looked great, not as bumpy. My cysts were still there but they were drying up. Anyway, my skin is completely clear now. It definitely is great as a preventative measure because this week I was due for 4-5 cysts...never got them! It doesn't over dry my skin at all. Sometimes I don't even use moisturizer after. It's great for your body, rashes and itchies just go away and it makes you soooo soft. It stinks, but it doesn't linger on your skin. I don't even feel the smell is that offensive, really. I buy mine from swansonvitamins.com, they sell the largest bars(4.25 oz) for 2.84 each and 3 packs for 7.39. I buy the three packs because I always know someone who could use one of these bars!
They last a long time too, but I need to buy more asap because I gave all of them away lol
UPDATE 6/12/14:
I stopped using this for a while for reasons unknown and have been bouncing from cleanser to cleanser, completely forgetting what this little gem did for me! I just received a few boxes 2 weeks ago after my boyfriend asked me to pick some up for him again. Just 2 uses later my skin made a complete turnaround. It was very dry from the various spot treatments I was using, while still red and broken out. Why did I stop using this?! The best part was watching a mosquito hover around me after I showered with it and then fly away. This stuff is the best for repelling bugs! 2 weeks later my boyfriends back cleared up completely, his feet don't smell and his hair is looking fantastic. The price has gone up since the last time I bought it (the 3 pack is now 9 dollars), but it's still a good value for what it does.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by jamaica57

For anyone dealing with PUPPS or other pregnancy-related, itchy, nightmare rashes.... This is amazing stuff! It smells weird--like burning wood--but it gives a few hours of relief from the itching. I had the best luck with using a washcloth to apply it to my skin & then just letting it sit there for 10-15 minutes before washing it off.

The other odd thing that helped the itching was Vick's Vapor Rub. I read about using it on a PUPPS site & it really does help quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by DragonJelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great for dandruff and scaly skin (I use only in winter). Nuff said.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 3:05:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a soap that had charcoal or clay or something different, and I came upon this soap. I washed my hands with it, and they were squeaky clean. It smells kind of like what comes out of a smoker and a bit like tar blended. It rinses off, and you don't really smell the tar. I just washed my face with this. I have combo skin -- closer to normal but leaning toward oily. It really isn't dry. I also have acne.

I decided to wash my face with this, and my face feels so soft and clean. I didn't think it did wonders on the eye makeup, but I wasn't sure if it was safe to use there, so I didn't rub that area very much. It rinses very clean, and my skin feels very soft. It is soft and smooth in the cheek area, but slightly tight around my nose and upper lip area. Some of the scabby dry skin from recent acne has peeled away too.

Kind of a strange product -- the oilier areas feel kind of dry and the areas that tend toward normal/dry feel smooth and soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you can get pass the smell- think old rubber tires and gasoline- than you may like this. I suffer from mild eczema and this winter, it hit me really hard. Nothing was working for my legs in particular. They kept on itching and scaling up, so I bought this at the health food store to try it out. It really made my legs return back to normal and the itchiness is gone. I think I'll repurchase it in an emergency. Other than that, its a great soap if you have skin conditions like mine.