November 27, 2014 | 986 users online

Moisturizers - Schwarzkopf - Porcelana

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Raech

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Riteaid. I am using it twice a day with sunscreen in day. I have melasma on my cheeks and two large spots on my forhead. Gee thanks so much birth control (same reason pregnant women get melasma). Today is day 17. Put it on this morning. Yesterday my boyfriend said he is noticing a difference especially on my cheeks. The spots there use to be almost as dark as the freckle it was banded across. Now it is very much lighter than it. As you know, bright light can make your lighter melasma look lighter and shadow or low light you can see it more. It is lighter already in both lighting situations. I knew my forehead would take longer (the typical two continent (land mass) shaped spots that are typical. But they are lightening too. Even spots inside them with no pigment. I am 43 with fair skin (yellow undertone) and very few freckles. My melasma looked medium to light brown before starting. Meaning make up would not cover it as I am fair skinned. Seriously I tried the best makeup at Sephora. As for people talking about it pills up, causes acne etc. You should not be putting on much. More does not mean it works faster. After 17 days of twice a day on both cheeks and forehead my jar still looks mostly unused. Seriously don't use a ton you don't have to.

***Update **** Today makes the starting day of the 3rd month. I have used it without fail twice a day for 2 months. I truly did not expect a miracle at this point. Yes, I am frustrated I still see Melasma. I am sticking with it the 4 more weeks though as I understand how it works. It is supressing, and I need to give that time as it is only 2%. If all I had was the lightening I have now, I guess I will be ok with that. I am hoping the spots will be completely gone in one more month though. Time will tell. But it is much better than when I started. I don't regret the purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by ShelbyKnighttt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this product up at walmart a few nights ago and have used it 3 consecutive nights in a row and can already tell a difference! I personally find it to have no particular fragrance and it was only around $5. Will definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by mikiesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cream works, and it works fast. I have dark spots from sun damage and didn't think anything over the counter would work. I had this cream for a long time and used it here and there. When I started using it each night, in two weeks time, I've seen a significant lightening of the dark spots. Some have completely disappeared. At under $5 a jar, it sure beat spending hundreds for a dermatologist, who will give me the same thing. I'm hooked!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Nzingasokoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG. I really swear by this product. When I say my dark marks were a mess they were a mess hunny! My skin tone was uneven and my confidence was distorted. I came across Porcelana in Walmart and decided to try it out... Now, a month later my dark marks, burns are damn near gone. My skin has became more even than it has been since I was 11 years old. I began wearing makeup so early that my skin just totally got all ugly and I did not know one thing about skin care. Now with this apart of my daily regimen I can go out in the public without makeup and feel confident. This product is great. A little smelly but who cares!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Icyvixen

Ok, I dont get the reason why this product has been rated so low. The differences between user's skin and the climate would explain somewhat. However, I'd like to point out that I'm totally satisfied with this product.

It looks thick but easy to blend and smells organic. My skin absorbs the cream so well that i shows effect after just 2 nights. It dries out really quick as a thin layer on skin after 2-3 minutes, it feels so soft and pleasant. Also, I find out that it works so well on newly squeezed spot that the mouth of the wound heals after 1 night. No more swollen. Really???!!! Never before have I used such a magical cream.

It takes 1 month to see all the dark spot get much lighter, barely seen. But it takes 1 week to make my skin so smooth and lively every morning. I cant help but keep touching my skin. Of course I need to pay notice to the sunscreen during using this cream as it states in the label but gosh, I nearly need no makeup foundation or powder for the whole day. Even when I show my bare face, friends would be stunned of how healthy my skin looks.

Just moisturizer, eyes cream, sunscreen, some concealer for the dark circle, and eyes makeup and lip. Taa daa ! I'm really for a drive downtown.

Really looking for the ime to apply it every evenings.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by LindelLovesYou

I am a firm supporter of this product! I bought it about two weeks ago at Walmart after stumbling upon it for about $5. I really was regretting picking it up as I paid, thinking "ugh. Why am I wasting five bucks. These things don't work." BUT IT SERIOUSLY DID. IT WORKS. I have been battling my facial scars from teenager-dome and trying to revive my bad skin for years. I am a picker, and cannot resist popping a pimple when they come. So my face is always red and always blotchy. I use the oil cleanse method 2-3 times a week, and have been washing my face at all other times with honey, occasionally with sugar, & occasionally with lemon. I am trying to keep my face to natural products, which has been giving me great strides of improvement, but this is one one the only products with chemicals that I don't even hesitate.

I think that they must have changed the formula since some of the older reviews from years ago. It is a heavy moisturizer, but it never makes me feel oily at all and I notice no smell. Again, after about two weeks, My skin tone has even out considerably, I am no longer red (except around my current blemishes), and my skin feels velvety smooth. I LOVE IT. There's SO MUCH in there for the price. I have been using product from the lip up until now, today is the first time I actually used the pot itself.

I am definitely going to have to go back and purchase the day creme!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by softcloth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After 2 weeks of faithfully using Night and Day cremes I have noticed some changes. My face is brighter and more evened out.
I do have some terribly stubborn melasma. It's fair to mention that in addition to this creme, I have started acupuncture to "cure" it. I have noticed that the melasma is easier to cover up with make up now. And my lighter spots (non-melasma) have faded.
I LIKE THE FRAGRANCE!!! The day creme is fine under makeup if applied sparingly. No acne. Nothing bad to report at all. I never expect a "fountain of youth" from any product. This one is a great price and worth the try. I'm going to keep using it and hope to have even better results given more time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by kaydeem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Although I have a couple seborrherric keratoses (age spots) near my hairline plus an old childhood scar from where I picked a chicken pox bump, I really bought this cream to sort of "brighten" my complexion (I have a dull, yellow undertone to my skin). I use Porcelana at night, maybe 2x per week, and have used it for about a year. The keratoses have lightened slightly, the chicken pox scar is totally invisible, and I do think that my face looks a bit brighter. I don't think it's a miracle cream if you have significantly noticeable things you'd like to fade...for that you probably have to see a dermatologist. But for a little fading/lightening, it's great. I've also used the competitive brand Esoterica, but I think I like Porcelana a little bit better. I only use it twice a week because the smell is gross to me. It must be the hydroquinone lightening agent, because Esoterica smells bad to me, too. The smell is reminiscent of wild spring onions that have gone rotten. I'm usually not that easily affected by odors, but twice a week is about all I can stomach with this stuff. But Porcelana works as a brightening agent for me, so I continue to use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

contains hydroquinone. which ive found to be the only ingredient to fade dark spots (left from acne? or melasma?) i bought this cream at bed bath & beyond for $3, its very very thick and hard to spread, left me feeling like a grease ball.

pros: seemed to fade dark spots, fairly high amount of hydroquinone for cheap.

cons: thick , greasy, horrible bleachy smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by lastingconnections

The day cream has a really strong, old-fashioned purfume-ish smell. I bought this yesterday and put some on my arm to be sure I didn't have any type of recation to it. Three hours later I had a major headache and had to take a shower to get the smell off. It will go back to the store today.