October 31, 2014 | 1525 users online

Hair Treatments - Global Goddess - Coconut and Amla Oil

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is pretty greasy... like vegetable oil. Leaves my hair really limp and couldnt get it out of my hair. I did pretreatment and it made my hair super soft but limp. I tried using it after coming out the shower, and I couldnt blow dry my hair because it was still sooo oily looking like I havent washed my hair in days, even though I did wash it prior to applying. I tried using it with my flat iron, and it works really well. So I will only use it as a flat iron serum.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I love the smell of this product, but that's about it. It's quite expensive (even with a discount I got through Lucky Mag, which basically just offset the shipping charge) and it makes my hair look super greasy so I only use it at night. Even after letting it soak in, it does leave residue on my pillowcases, but that comes out when I wash them. Another thing I find odd--I have to wash my hands after applying it because it leaves them sticky.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by sammy1019

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have pretty dry hair and have been looking for a product to restore moisture and add shine. I read about amla oil and decided to give it a try. I was surprised at how expensive it was but found it online for much less. I used it for the first time and after shampooing and conditioning I definitely felt a difference in the texture of my hair and it was much shinier. I did find once I blow dried my hair it felt very heavy and weighed down. I have very thick hair and only used a little bit of the oil. I feel like even after shampooing a few times, it still feels very oily. Not sure I would use this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 7:40:00 AM More reviews by samsung1

I have used Amla oil for about six years now. I add a capful of it on my hair (slowly!), I massage it in and cover it with a bathing cap. I usually add it on Friday night when I know I have nothing to do on Saturday morning. I leave it in overnight and then wash out with a conditioning shampoo the next day, I don't use conditioner at this stage. I towel dry my hair and then add a small amount of coconut oil on to the ends. I then leave my hair to dry naturally and honestly, it looks and feels amazing! Try it! It is about 4 GBP/$8 APPROX, from Indian grocery shops.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by milktoast24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i think i found my HG hair product.

I was an Ojon aficionado, thinking it was the best thing since sliced bread, until i found this Global Goddess Amla & Coconut Oil. Ever wonder why Indian girls have the shiniest, silkiest hair? They all use hair oil; i live near a bunch of Indian Grocery Markets and always see hair oil in the aisles, so many different types.

GG's oil is a propietary blend of five natural oils (all the oils are listed as the first ingredient and then second and third) such as Coconut, Safflower, Avocado, Sunflower... and smells like a young coconut without any heavy cloying scent. Nothing much else is added except preservatives and some extracts. Even better, it's silicone-free and mineral-oil free. Why artificially make your hair shine with 'cones when you can have the real deal?

So... does it work? You betcha. On dry hair, it's actually better than Ojon b/c it distributes more easily, and it absorbs better than Ojon. My hair just drinks this up, and the shine ---incredible. I have wavy, fine, frizz-prone hair, and this transforms it into a silky, shimmering curtain redolent of pantene ads, with no grease. The makeup artist behind Global Goddess, Shalini, is a GORGEOUS indian woman who definitely knows the indian tradition of hair oil. I've spoken to her and met her on many occasions and she is geniune, a small start-up brand in trying to get Americans and other people to recognize the timeless recipes that come from India. Think about it, how many Americans venture into an indian market or indian grocery store?

It's a winning product, and i love it. the only thing i don't like is the bottle which leaks oil if it tips over. other than that, i can deal. It needs to be in an airtight, spill-proof component.

After exploring all the synthetic shine products, Kerastase fever, and then Ojon, i have to say----GG Amla and Coconut Oil, you're my number one.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by mahima

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

well
not to make you guys feel stupid or anything, i havn't actually tried this product, but being east indian and seeing my mother and grandmother using products like these when i was looking at it on the website and its pretty much the same generic blend of oils that indian women buy in india at there local market, for much, much cheaper than you guys are paying. Conditioning the hair with oil is a very basic part of a south asian woman's hair care routine, and the same bottles sold in india are imported by some south asian grocers and you can find them for between 3-10 dollars at your local ethnic food store.

11 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2007 9:25:00 PM More reviews by meeshmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know, I really wanted to love this product, but I didnt. You need to leave it one for a really long time every day to get the efects. at least 10-15 minutes, and gracious, who has the time for that. Or leave it on overnight, but frankly, if I am going to oil up my hair all night the results had better be phenominal, and they just arent. and for $45 , are you kidding!? this is going back.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by cara1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great for my dry, damaged hair. It definitely boosts shine and makes my hair softer. It also smells really nice. I use this pre-shampoo (leaving it in for as long as possible) and then wash it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by aileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

3.5, actually. I'm a hair product junkie, if only because I search for that "perfect" shampoo/conditionet/treatment, ect. I use virgin coconut oil as a pre-poo about once a week. I decided to try this because of the amla and neem oils, which I do not own. While I *could* have ordered both amla and neem (both can have a peculiarscent) oil from the internet, I opted to try this out first. (Thank God for Sephora's liberal return policy!) I REALLY like this stuff. It has a nice coconutty scent (vigin coconut oil has no scent) that's not too sweet, and not strong at all.
This left my hair very soft and shiny, but there's a caveat: I am NOT using this as a "treatment" per se. I'm using it on dry hair as a dressing and shine enhancer. This stuff is FAR to expensive to use as a pre-poo, and would quickly disappear were I to slather my head with it every week. My dry, chemically relaxed hair just soaks this up as a dressing. This has also replaced my regular serum/shine enhancer, and it's nice that it lacks any 'cones.
I will repurchase, but I imangine it will take about four to five months for me to use it all up. For how I am using this product, the price is well worth it.

I AM a little put off by the fact that noone lists ALL the ingredients. Not Sephora, and not Global Goddess itself. So, for all of you wondering about this product, I'll list them:

Cocnut oil/sunflower oil/safflower oil/avocado oil/ grape seed oil/shea butter oil/fragrance/henna extract/phyllanthus emblica fruit extract/melia azadiracta leaf extract/meadowfoam seed oil/jojoba seed oil/tocopheral acetate (vitamin E)/ ISOPROPYLPARABEN/ISOBUTYLPARABEN/BUTYLPARABEN

The parabens (something some people try to aviod) are NOT listed anywhere I've seen but the actual bottle.

This is a good product, but I feel like the company is trying to sell it as one of those "mysterious all natural remedies from the East". It's NOT all natural, but it is a decent product.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by posch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Oil make me hair super SHINE !!! like a mirror and feel like silky!!! the SHINE oil on Sephora it is in high demand right now it is one of the best sellers SOLD OUT !!!!