July 28, 2014 | 1756 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Soft Touch Eyeshadow - Ombre Essentielle - Ivory

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows ever. I have loved Urban Decay and LORAC for years and this was my first Chanel. Lovely buttery consistency buildable with great pigment quality. I have been using it as a browbone highlighter with great abandon. I am quite fair and this is a pretty pearly white cream with just the right amount of shimmer. LOVE!! Brings out the whites of my eyes as a highlighter but not too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by minimalistfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG night-time highlighter. I use it EVERYWHERE (under brow, to blend out crease color, great everyday lid when used lightly w/ blender brush [wash], inner corner of eyes, cheekbones, down center of bridge of nose, etc). If you're super pale (PPP), like myself, this is a must-have product. It's white, sure, but there's SO much more to it. It won't wash you out b/c it has a golden sheen to it that really wakes up the skin and makes eyes POP. Because it does have a true golden sheen, I can't say this is the perfect-all-the-time-day-or-night highlighter. The fact that it does have that gold element to it, does make it show more than a straight-up neutral highlighter. However, it provides a look that's ultra glam. It's not glittery, it has a pearl-like finish that smooths the complexion. It's a little pricey, but I don't mind. I'm not a hoarder. I only re-buy things I love. If I don't love it; I'm prone to swap, re-gift, or return the product. This is something I ALWAYS replace. If applied correctly, it has the power to make features have a glamourized look-at-me oomph or a ever-so-sweet-and-subtle glow. You can even do a Mod look by applying it to lid wet and using liquid liner. This product is effen incredible. Even though there isn't a ton of product, very little is needed and it's a multi-tasker (base shadow, highlighter, brow bone shadow/ blender shadow). Why buy a bajillion products when one can accomplish so many? I highly suggest at least swatching it at your local CHANEL counter. I'd bet my bottom dollar you'll end up buying 2 at a time like I do! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by GabrielleCoCo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Soft touch Eyeshadows can be used both dry or with a dampened brush for a more intense results. I like to pair them off with Ombre D'Eau as a base as it makes the color payoff more outstanding as well as longer lasting. These E/S are very fine quality and easy to blend. And the tiny boxes are portable with applicators as well as a mirror in it. Just enough to look at 1 eye *LOL*

Ivory does not have glittery shimmers but instead a more sophisticated pearlised sheen to lift the creamy colour thus it will not look so flat. Good as an all-over wash, as well as used with a slightly dampened brush in the inner corners to bright added dimension to the inner eyes area to open them. Personally this is my go-to brow highlighter. I use this almost on a daily basis, a small swipe on the brow bone to highlight them. Last for ages and I have yet to hit pan!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by medicredfearn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had this eyeshadow for a few months now and can honestly say that I LOVE it! It's very very soft, nicely pigmented and a little bit shimmery without being frosty. It does look like a boring basic white in the pan, but it wears different. On it looks like a pale white to light yellow gold almost. It's very beautiful!

I bought it because it reminds me of MAC's Vanilla pigment, except 'softer' in texture if that makes sense. It feels to me like it's very finely milled. It's hard to explain, you just have to swatch it to see what I mean! Ido like that it is very easy to blend, can be sheered out or piled on and lasts all day. I so use TFSI and I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it's staying power, but I've honestly never had a problem with any eyeshadows since using TFSI.

It does come in a cute little velvet pouch and has a plastic insert and sponge tip applicator. I can't comment on the quality of the applicator because I throw them out. I'm pretty happy with using my brushes, but it looked just like any other sponge tip applicator TBH.

Overall I love this eyeshadow very much and can see myself buying a new one when this one is gone. Despite it being pricey, I think it's totally worth it. Here are a couple of pics in the pan when I first bought it.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 4:27:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This looks white in the compact, but on it has a nice gold glow to it. I mostly use this on the inner corners of my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by hkeeley

Ivory - looks white-ish and shimmery in the compact but when applied has a beautiful gold tone to it. It is a lovely shade that is a great "base" or "neutral" lid color. Though shimmer is a no-no for older women, this isn't so shimmery that your eyes look crepe-y. Most ivory eye shadow looks too white on my eyes and too cool for my ruddy/yellow/red combo skin color, this one was perfect. Gave my eyes a wide awake look without that ghost look that true whites/ivory can sometimes do. It was a wonderful find and one I would definitely repurchase. Staying power was the same for most eyeshadows thought with the UDPP, it was there for the entire work day. Blended well with other non-Chanel eyeshadows too.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by ilynne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am disappointed with the color -- it is ivory in the pan, but gold on my lids. I will probably swap it, because I already have GA #9, and I will probably never wear this.

However, quality-wise, you can't find much better e/s. Silky, blendable, classy looking, not frosty. I said that I would buy again. I would and I will -- not this color, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

This is pretty shimmering cream-colored shadow. It is basic, and to me not worthy of the $28.00 I paid for it. The color goes on VERY sheer and it difficult to build up, only a small amount is inside the package, and after awhile the color fades, but the fine glitters stays on lids and looks odd. I returned it because I was hoping for something a little thicker for lack of a better term. I hate to be the odd person out on this one...I wanted to like it, I felt chic with my chanel product but not a keeper. Other shades might be nice, but this formula is banal. I was however impressed with how silky it was...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2007 11:12:00 AM More reviews by whitetulips

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this eyeshadow, It brightens my eyes without looking dramatic or overpowering. I got BobbiBrown's banana for the same reason and was disappointed.
This one is very pricey though.If I had not liked the color so much I wouldn't have got it. Quality is top notch, packaging is very good too.I always use it with a e/s base (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 10:40:00 AM More reviews by heidiho

I adore this ivory color, it is the perfect mix of ivory and gold that makes my brown eyes light up. The shadow is very pigmented, needing only one sweep of my brush to get lots of color. Every shadow creases on me so I use a base (also by Chanel) and the color lasts all day. These are by far the best Chanel eyeshadows and I look forward to buying more colors.