October 25, 2014 | 1857 users online

Polishes - OPI - Birthday Babe

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ShazboTastic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this half price in the January Sales. I love nail polish and have a fondness for OPI. This silver is gorgeous as its more pearly. I don't know about you, but I've found most silver nail polishes have glitter in them. This isn't the case here. This is a nice pearly silver. It's not gloopy not is it too thin. I hate polishes you have to layer as its watery. 2 coats do the trick. I'm wearing now funnily enough and it's such a lovely colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by bluedevil108

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this polish, and I normally don't purchase OPI but I saw this at a night market 2 for $10 so I couldn't pass up, plus ironically it was my birthday. Like many have already said this is a frosty shimmery silver, like a pure silver not grey. To me it looks like Tiffany Jewellery silver and absolutely gorgeous on most skin tones. I wouldn't exactly call it super sheer, as I can wear it with literally only one coat if I just want to be subtle, but with 2 coats it's opaque and makes a bold statement. To make it super stand out 3 coats would do, as I have gotten many compliments wearing this polish. This stays on for the longest time and I find that I've never had this chip on me. It actually fades rather than chip like it has been rubbed off. This usually lasts me for a week before it starts "fading" or sometimes if I'm lucky and more careful it can last me up to 2 weeks. Application was a breeze as it is the wide brush making it easy. It can be streaky like most frosty finish polishes, so you have to be careful but not really a big problem as long as you have a steady hand. I would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by lightinthedarkness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OPI is a bit more than I'd prefer to spend on nail polish but I do love it. This shade of silver is truly amazing. It isn't sheer like a lot of other ones, nor is it gray, so it is the perfect color. Yes you can see the brush strokes on your finished nails, and the imperfections on your nail bed but I personally don't mind. It's really not that bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like birthday babe, Kyoto Pearl and happy Anniversary. i guess Zi just did a silvery-white (shimmery or sparkly or both) polish. Birthday babe is good on its own (I'm a PPP) or on top of blues for an icy finish. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

This is a frosty light silver more on the sheer side. I went 3 coats. It is just a lovely silver.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this nail polish as a gift. I needed the perfect shade of silver that would match my outfit. I hate silver nail polishes that look grey or are way too sheer. Well this nail polish is definitely none of those as it is a true silver! It looks beautiful with my light, warm/golden skintone. The staying power is also great. I applied it a week ago (I used a top coat and base coat) and it has not chipped at all. It does take a long time to dry and when it did dry, tiny bubbles formed on my nails but honestly nobody can even notice that. It costs $9.95 at TradeSecrets. By the way this is my first OPI nail polish and the staying power and beautiful color might convince me to try out some more OPI shades ;)

EDIT: This lasted 13 DAYS without any chipping! (I did use a Sally Hansen top coat though) I do a lot of typing, texting, washing my hands, etc...and it lasted through a lot of that. Simply amazing! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by xxunavailablexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a frosty light silver, quite elegant and more remarkable than I thought it could be. It's exactly such silver I was looking for, not so extravagant as Revlon Silver Screen, but I hate that the brush strokes can be seen. I am not sure if I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is like a white silver and really pretty. It takes me two coats to make it solid.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 4:52:00 AM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OPI Birthday Babe is a frosty shimmery silver which is opaque in three coats. Due to the nature of the frosty finish, the polish does leave visible brush strokes but that only adds to - if not enhances! - the effect of brushed silver. The polish is a little sheer but reaches opacity in three coats and applies very easily. The colour is very edgy and unique. Birthday Babe was part of the OPI 25th Anniversary Collection and I purchased it for $20AUD at David Jones. I recommend this to everybody as I imagine that it would flatter all skin-tones. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Birthday Babe is a frosty silver color. The finishing is almost silvery white. 1st coat is just streaky and 2nd coat will make it even but I can understand why some viewers seeing this color a bit streaky. If not applying carefullly, the streaks can show. And because it's frosty finish, it's hard to make it right. However, I put 3 coats in order to bring out the true color.
The color is somewhat edgy. Because of my skin tone, it contrasts it very well. I can see some cool tone girls would find this color suitable. But for a warm, olive skin tone girl like me, it's a big contrast and very edgy. I give it a 4 because I can't see a very smooth finishing of this color.