October 21, 2014 | 1612 users online

Skincare - Body - Mary Kay - 2 in 1 Body Wash and Shave

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with others that this is really just a glorified body wash (and a mediocre, overpriced one at that). BUT,I still gave it 3 lippies, because I have very sensitive, dry skin and I don't have any issues with this product. And also, I love the scent. My mom was a Mary Kay lady and this scent is very nostalgic/ sentimental to me. I will probably buy it again and again, just because I love the smell so much... If you are wondering, the scent is Old School Mary Kay. If you can remember the old 4-step Satin Hands System, this I believe might be a repackaged/re-promoted version the old "Step 3" product.

(I also like the squeeze tube. I prefer anything to come in a squeeze tube, rather than a pump bottle).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great body wash and shave gel. The scent is clean and simple. I don't find it clashes with any of my perfumes (fruity to musky). I have eczema prone skin and this doesn't cause flare ups. It's simple and does what it advertises with no fancy bells and whistles, just what I need to feel clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

This makes a great bodywash...great nice light scent,lathers up nicely,rinses well..and when used while shaving this works decent imo. I just luv how this stuff makes my skin feel so soft...and considering this has been a discontinued product I can get this online pretty cheap so I can't complain=)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by jenf77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible product. I'm glad that this product was free, or I'd have returned it. Average for a body wash, which is unacceptable for something that costs $14, and horrible as a shaving product. By the time I had reached for the razor, half the lather had disappeared and it dried out my skin. Also, since you have to reapply a thicker layer for shaving, it's not any more convenient than using two separate products (which also work better and are probably much less expensive).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2007 8:32:00 AM More reviews by donnahc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry Mom but I dont like this! To me it is not thick enough to shave with. It is good as a body wash, but thats all. I would not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2006 5:32:00 PM More reviews by SusieQ40

Not bad as a body wash but my legs have never been dryer than after shaving with this. It left the skin on my legs itchy and dry, even after moisturizing, it was so bad I scratched them raw and it took several weeks of treating them very gingerly to get them back to normal. I think if you shaved with Comet cleanser or Tide it would feel like this. There are better body washes and shaving agents.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by rivalee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

As another reviewer stated, this is a good body wash, but the price for it as a body wash is ridiculous. It works okay as a shaving agent, but I can get things that are cheaper - like hair conditioner - that work better for MUCH less than the $14.00 that is charged for this. Nothing spectacular, but I do like the smell. Will not waste my money on this in the future. Luckily I got it for free.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2006 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found nothing great about this 2-in-1 Body & Shave Wash. I did try it as both. It is a great body wash with a light clean scent, but as far as shaving it just feels like your shaving with any soap. I also noticed that after shaving and washing the suds off it made my legs kind of burn in some places that had been shaven. It does lather on a wash cloth well and leaves you smelling clean. Something that bothered me was the tube. The plastic was too flemsy or too thin, it bends almost like paper. I don't think I would repurchase for the $14 it costs, you can go and get Olay Ribbons Body Butter and it would be better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2006 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Ambam032

Another 2 in 1 that does only one. This claims to be a bodywash and foaming shave gel in the conveniece of one product. It has a soft scent and foams nicely. It is a decent bodywash; nothing too special, but works just fine. Now as far as a foaming shave gel goes, it falls short. It is no better than using any bodywash or soap for shaving. Use it to wash, but get a different product to shave.