Lancome Color Design - Style Section

4.5

on 7/27/2012 9:51:00 PM

This is the best silver eyeshadow I have ever used. I find most silver shadows to be either too grey or to be too glittery with not enough pigmentation, but Style Section is perfect. It glides on perfectly without skipping or looking patchy, and although this is very glittery I never have fallout issues with this. The color is totally opaque no matter what brush I use to apply it. Once it sets it has a shiny, metallic finish that makes this look almost like a cream shadow. This never creases or fades, even with less than stellar primers underneath. I use this all the time as a lid color, and then I smoke out the crease and outer corner with a shimmery black, and I get so many compliments. This is also a great inner corner highlight shade. If you've been on the hunt for a good quality silver shadow, get this now!

on 2/15/2012 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the prettiest true silver ever. Its metallic and shiny and the perfect shade of silver. Most 'silvers' are actually just grey. Took awhile to find the perfect one, I swatched it at lancome and even went to sephora to try to find a cheaper dupe, sephoras engagement ring 01 came close but it was less pigmented and was more just glittery than metallic.

on 8/23/2010 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in a quad. OMG it's the brightest most pigmented silver shadow I have found. I love it for smokey eyes!

on 3/6/2010 10:05:00 PM

FABULOUS metallic. best silver shadow I've ever used, it has great color payoff and doesn't budge once on (especially used in conjunction with a great primer, such as urban decay primer potion).

velvety texture, lovely.

TRY IT WET! if you like bold shadow, this color glides on much more intensely with the use of a mixing medium, absolutely gorgeous.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is incorrectly listed as "Style Selection."
Anyway, this Color Design shadow is another great product from Lancome. It is a very pigmented white silver with a metallic finish. I can build the intensity based on how much I apply with a brush versus a sponge tip applicator. The staying power is fantastic. I love using this in the inner corner of my eyes to highlight, beneath other shadows as a base, and on top of shadow to change the color and finish, or just on its own! It is listed as $16.50 which is a bit pricey, but it's Lancome, so it's not that bad. Considering eyeshadow from other brands can be as much as $50, this is a reasonable price. The packaging is very nice- black plastic pan with a sliding clear cover embossed with the Lancome flower. I would repurchase this shadow again if I ever run out. Lancome shadows seem to last forever!

on 7/17/2008 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I Love This EYESHADOW! It's a nice silvery buildable eyeshadow for me. It looks very nice on me, highlighting my small eyes. It has a bit of sparkle but nothing too much that it looks immature. Even in the package which is a nice sliding cover it looks great. It has replaced most of my eyeshadows as my favorite. I love it! lol It does have a tendency to smear to under my eyes but I do sometimes rub my sleep. Even after wearing it the whole day in the hot sun, napping, and showering, it lasted! Truly a lovely eyeshadow.

on 1/16/2008 1:48:00 AM

I love the silver color, it makes my brown eyes pop and goes well with other colors.

on 7/30/2007 4:45:00 PM

I am totally in love with this color. I wear it almost everyday. It is truly worth the pricetag. My hair used to be dirty blonde, and i have hazel green eyes. It looked amazing. I recently dyed my hair black ,and found it looks even better! it is very glimmery and the case is easy to open (it slides) as i h av long nails, i hate the type that snaps down tight and u always break a nail trying to open the darn thing. it has alot of pigment to it , so if u want a very subtle effect, this isn't for u!

on 6/3/2007 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great silvery eye-shadow. It has way more glimmer than I thought but it just adds to the gorgeousness. I used this along with Bikini Golden when I did my friend's prom make-up and it looked awesome. The packaging is pretty nifty too!

on 3/24/2007 10:15:00 PM

I was looking for a soft, shimmery silver color, but didn't want anything too dark since I have a light skin tone (ivory). Lancome's style section looks awesome with my dark blue eyes and light brown hair, yet it doesn't look "silly" or "comical" (aka: it doesn't make me look like a clown). It's not the type of shade I'd wear to work (I'm 25), but for night, it's a great color :-).