Mary Kay Virtual Violet

3.7

on 1/19/2011 4:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The shade is beautiful... but you have to use a lot of product to get the color to show. It is poorly pigmented. Loved other ES from MK, but I hated this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had really high hopes for shadow but was disappointed. It's a beautiful color and wears well like the other MK eyeshadows, but in terms of pigmentation this shadow was poor. It took 3 applications to get some decent color payoff.

on 10/9/2009 2:30:00 AM

Virtual Violet is too purple for me. I will take another reviewers suggestion and use this as an eyeliner. At least it won't go to waste...

on 3/18/2008 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I just purchased this color from my MK rep on sale. This is the most beautiful shade of violet I have ever seen. I think that the name describes it perfectly. It's violet rather than purple. It has a cool, blue undertone to it that makes for a wonderful smokey eye or could even be used as an eyeliner. The texture is amazing. I really don't need a brush to apply this. All I need is my finger tip. The color lasts all day long and doesn't crease or smudge after application. A little goes a long way with this shade because it is nicely pigmented. I would purchase again (whenever I run out of this). Overall it is a good product and great color.

on 9/17/2007 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

So far, my most favorite Mary Kay eyeshadow color to date. This is amazing for creating a smoky eye. I apply a highlight shade to the brownbone/all over eye and use a very dark brown or black kohl and make a thick line and then smudge on upper and lower lids and in the outer V. Then I apply Virtual Violet over the smudged liner a few times and blend. Apply crease color of choice and voila! Beautiful smoky eye. This is a very pigmented color (on par with MAC for this shade!) and it's either good for the crease or for lining. Lasts all day and no creasing without a primer. The drawback is the refill packaging system that Mary Kay has - it's annoying.

This is a well-pigmented dark purple shade. Because of how well-pigmented this is, it's best to use it as an eyeliner, or use an e/s brush to apply a wash of color.