Madini - Rose

on 10/11/2014 2:37:00 PM

UPDATE: I have a bottle of Gucci L'Arte, unfortunately a discontinued scent. It's very Rose, but a bit on the harsh side (80s). I mix about one part Madini oil with 3 or 4 parts L'Arte and I get magic. Long-lasting, gorgeous rose scent. I'm delighted!

This is one of the 5 samples I ordered from Madini. On me, this is pure rose. Like the smell you get when you sniff the flower. Beautiful. Not soapy (like most rose scents tend to be), not harsh, nothing chemical about it. I get no powder, either. Just gorgeous, soft rose. I put one drop on each wrist, one on each side of my neck. You must be patient with these oils. At first, they you might not love them, but give them half an hour and the scent will develop beautifully. Amazing staying power. I wore Azahar (another of my samples) yesterday and I could still smell it on me this morning while I was working out. I'm sure this will be the same. It's been hours since I put it on and it is still going strong. I really love these Madini oils.

on 12/2/2012 11:28:00 PM

I'm with the Kuwaiti princess on this one! Madini Rose is a lovely, realistic rose that doesn't become too powdery or sour, as some rose fragrances do. There is an underlying warmth to it that I like too.

This is a dark pink rose blooming in the sunshine. Very nice!

on 9/6/2006 1:28:00 PM

I love Aveda fragrances and especially that typical "Aveda smell" - which is mostly rose oil. Well there is a lot of Aveda in this Madini Rose oil. There is also a predominant powder note. Those two aspects of this oil in and of themselves often make a rose attar oil PERFECTION for me, but somehow the tartness of the "aveda" note and the powderiness of the rose (like grandma used to wear) do not go together and in fact CLASH and create a sharp tangy mess - like they also squeezed some sour lemon juice into ti. Very soapy, tangy and ultimately rather repulsive.

Popular Fragrances