LUSH skin drink

3.8

Water (Aqua) , Sesame Oil (Sesamum indicum) , Rose Petal Infusion (Rosa centifolia) , Fresh Avocado (Persea gratissima) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Propylene Glycol , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Stearic Acid , Cetearyl Alcohol , Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis) , Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis) , Neroli Oil (Citrus amara) , Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia) , Triethanolamine , *Geraniol , *Farnesol , *Limonene , *Linalool , *Citronellol , Perfume , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

on 2/18/2015 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not for me. I really wanted to love this stuff. Have had very very dry skin forever, have found moisturisers that work but my skin seems to get used to them and then I need something stronger. Was using Avene dry skin creams for a good while, then when that wasn't enough moved to Eucerin, which was great, but that seemed to not be enough either after a few months , so decided to look around again. Loved the sound of skin drink, and the great reviews, girl in the shop was really helpful & I bought it & was very excited, as my skin at this stage was very tight, redness on my cheeks, really uncomfortable, kind of flaky and just thirsty in general. I also bought the Full of grace serum bar. Used them over the weekend, LOADS, as in the serum bar at least twice a day, and the skin drink about 4 times a day. Figured maybe my skin was just in a bad way so I should spoil it. After 2 days realised this was not working. face totally flared up, and when I tried to calm it with eucerin it burned....took everything off and just sprayed avene thermal mist on for a while until things calmed down. Have moved back to Avene now. Was really hoping for great things. I have really weird skin. I had been using rosehip oil before which people rave about, and it seemed to dry my cheeks out. Maybe natural products just aren't enough for me!

on 1/18/2015 3:51:00 PM

During the winter, the skin around my mouth goes super dry and red. My skin also goes flaky. I'd been trying to many moisturizers but they just left my skin even more red and angry. I really love this moisturizer as it helps. Although it doesn't take care of the dry patches 100% (would say it helps 97%), my skin has definitely improved. My skin would go flaky even after applying other moisturizers but this one really sinks in. I have combination skin so it does make me a little more oilier, but I don't mind it. Nothing some blotting papers can't fix. If you want to use this but have combination skin, I would suggest maybe not applying a lot to wherever you get oily. This mask is the most hydrating of them all at LUSH.

The price isn't too bad. I had tried moisturizers that were closer to $90 and they were rubbish. I paid $24 for mine (the smaller option) about two months ago and I still have half left. The price is around drugstore moisturizer prices - I paid around the same price for the L'Oreal Youth Code one (which stung my face so bad).

on 12/31/2014 8:24:00 AM

I have extremely dry skin and this was the only moisturizer that i own that didn't sting when I put it on. Unfortunately it breaks me out like crazy. I can't figure out why because I'm far from being acne prone and rarely find a product that breaks me out. I recommend this for night time use only because of the smell and how thick it is. It's not a good moisturizer to put under makeup.

on 9/21/2014 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this moisturizer! Since I have very dry, acne prone skin, it's hard to find a moisturizer that moisturizes and also doesn't break me out. And when I say my skin is dry, I mean its REALLY dry. My skin was always flaking and burning because it was dry. Not to mention, my foundation/concealer looked horrible. But ever since I've been using Skin Drink, I've noticed a dramatic difference, as my skin is actually soft and moisturized! It is a bit pricy, but you only need a tiny bit of it to cover your whole face. It didn't break me out at all, and when I did break out, it actually calmed it down. The only thing I have to say though, is that it's marketed and "non greasy feel" but it's definitely greasy. That may bother some people, but for me it's a bonus! I put it on all over my face at night, then in the morning I just put it on the areas that are more dry, and it helps my face makeup go on a lot smoother. Loving this!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If you have dry skin, this is really a perfect moisturizer. When you put it on at first, it will feel greasy on, but it will eventually sink in and give you a nice dewy look. This product makes my skin look so much more moisturized than any other cream I have tried and definitely keeps my skin looking that way for the whole day. However, if you have combination/oily skin do not try this moisturizer. Since it is so thick and creamy, I can imagine that it would not have a good reaction to that type of skin and it is not formulated for combination skin. Other reviewers mentioned that they don't like the scent, but I don't find it to be offputting at all. Recommended for people with dry skin struggling to find a cream that is moisturizing enough.

on 7/23/2014 12:41:00 AM

I got given this as a sample to try as my face has had some sort of allergic reaction or SOMETHING I don't know, but it has become ridiculously dry and uncomfortable. My skin didn't NOT like it, but I don't think it liked it either. I didn't break out, but it just wouldn't sink into my face, it just sort of sat there for a long time and was greasy. Definitely wouldn't use this as a day cream, only a night cream for that reason. Really didn't like the smell at all, I know that some people don't mind it or think it's only a smell, but when it's all over your face and not sinking in it gets a bit overwhelming. Didn't do anything significant for my dry flaking skin either so a full sized purchase of this is a no go.

on 7/12/2014 3:29:00 AM

This product is okay. It does anything that any other moisturiser would do. Its not heavely moisturising as some dry patches on my face have not cleared. I wouldnt reccomened this for oily people either as it does leave a bit of a shine and slightly greasing feeling on my skin and I am very dry. This would be good as a night moisturiser for people with normal to dry skin but I do think there are better products out there. The smell is quite unpleasant and the packaging is unhygienic. I also have a rash on my neck and whenever i put this on it it would sting and burn. I am still on the search for a better moisturiser.

on 6/23/2014 3:59:00 PM

Skin Drink is a heavy, peanut-butter colored moisturizer for those of you with very dry skin. I wouldn't say this product worked fantastic for me personally but I could see other people adoring it.

It smells really strange, kind of nutty and greasy and a lot like oily potatoes, somebody said it smelled like greasy fast food and unfortunately I kind of agree with that. I don't love smearing the smell on my clean skin fresh after cleansing, I much prefer the creamy, cool vanilla cloud scent of Celestial.

Skin Drink does do a great job moisturizing your skin just like the product advertises. It soaks up much faster than Celestial and gives a nice soft matte feel to your skin. I think my biggest mistake was purchasing it in summer because my skin is only mildly dry and the humid weather doesn't need such a heavy-duty moisturizer in the first place. Sensitive skin might want to beware because it is strong stuff.

I might give it another try in the winter and I will gladly use up this pot. I really wanted to love this and nothing is particularly wrong with it but I don't think I'll be going back for more after that.

on 6/20/2014 6:34:00 PM

This product was very disappointing for a few reasons. First and foremost, the product caused terrible stinging in my cheeks and redness that lasted for almost a week after using it. I've never had another product cause the redness before even though my skin is sensitive to many products. I also was surprised that product is VERY tinted. It goes on like tinted moisturizer. However, the color is not a flattering one. Maybe it was just the batch that I received, but it was much darker than the photo here shows. Like other reviewers have stated, it is very greasy and heavy, but I knew that it would be when I purchased. I just wanted others to be warned about the harsh stinging and tint before buying. LUSH's return process is a bit odd when ordering online, so I'd buy from the store or better yet ask for a sample before buying.

on 4/15/2014 11:46:00 PM

This is legit my Holy Grail moisturizer! In the winter I get horrible red,dry and itchy skin that no moisturizer has really helped before this. I use it only at night because it is rather oily and heavy but OMG when I wake up my skin is SO SOFT. I honestly couldn't believe it the first time I used it! I was also apprehensive because I do have acne prone skin but I have used this for the past 3 months and it had never broken me out! I also noticed my skins texture and color was smoother and more even after using this consistently.A downside is definitely the price, the small jar costs 25$ where I am, which is kinda crazy for a facial moisturizer. I honestly believe it is worth every penny and I will always make sure I have this stuff!