September 30, 2014 | 1023 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - skin drink

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by SDnicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this moisturizer! Since I have very dry, acne prone skin, it's hard to find a moisturizer that moisturizes and also doesn't break me out. And when I say my skin is dry, I mean its REALLY dry. My skin was always flaking and burning because it was dry. Not to mention, my foundation/concealer looked horrible. But ever since I've been using Skin Drink, I've noticed a dramatic difference, as my skin is actually soft and moisturized! It is a bit pricy, but you only need a tiny bit of it to cover your whole face. It didn't break me out at all, and when I did break out, it actually calmed it down. The only thing I have to say though, is that it's marketed and "non greasy feel" but it's definitely greasy. That may bother some people, but for me it's a bonus! I put it on all over my face at night, then in the morning I just put it on the areas that are more dry, and it helps my face makeup go on a lot smoother. Loving this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by theinfinitepet

If you have dry skin, this is really a perfect moisturizer. When you put it on at first, it will feel greasy on, but it will eventually sink in and give you a nice dewy look. This product makes my skin look so much more moisturized than any other cream I have tried and definitely keeps my skin looking that way for the whole day. However, if you have combination/oily skin do not try this moisturizer. Since it is so thick and creamy, I can imagine that it would not have a good reaction to that type of skin and it is not formulated for combination skin. Other reviewers mentioned that they don't like the scent, but I don't find it to be offputting at all. Recommended for people with dry skin struggling to find a cream that is moisturizing enough.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got given this as a sample to try as my face has had some sort of allergic reaction or SOMETHING I don't know, but it has become ridiculously dry and uncomfortable. My skin didn't NOT like it, but I don't think it liked it either. I didn't break out, but it just wouldn't sink into my face, it just sort of sat there for a long time and was greasy. Definitely wouldn't use this as a day cream, only a night cream for that reason. Really didn't like the smell at all, I know that some people don't mind it or think it's only a smell, but when it's all over your face and not sinking in it gets a bit overwhelming. Didn't do anything significant for my dry flaking skin either so a full sized purchase of this is a no go.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by libwyman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is okay. It does anything that any other moisturiser would do. Its not heavely moisturising as some dry patches on my face have not cleared. I wouldnt reccomened this for oily people either as it does leave a bit of a shine and slightly greasing feeling on my skin and I am very dry. This would be good as a night moisturiser for people with normal to dry skin but I do think there are better products out there. The smell is quite unpleasant and the packaging is unhygienic. I also have a rash on my neck and whenever i put this on it it would sting and burn. I am still on the search for a better moisturiser.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin Drink is a heavy, peanut-butter colored moisturizer for those of you with very dry skin. I wouldn't say this product worked fantastic for me personally but I could see other people adoring it.

It smells really strange, kind of nutty and greasy and a lot like oily potatoes, somebody said it smelled like greasy fast food and unfortunately I kind of agree with that. I don't love smearing the smell on my clean skin fresh after cleansing, I much prefer the creamy, cool vanilla cloud scent of Celestial.

Skin Drink does do a great job moisturizing your skin just like the product advertises. It soaks up much faster than Celestial and gives a nice soft matte feel to your skin. I think my biggest mistake was purchasing it in summer because my skin is only mildly dry and the humid weather doesn't need such a heavy-duty moisturizer in the first place. Sensitive skin might want to beware because it is strong stuff.

I might give it another try in the winter and I will gladly use up this pot. I really wanted to love this and nothing is particularly wrong with it but I don't think I'll be going back for more after that.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by angelc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product was very disappointing for a few reasons. First and foremost, the product caused terrible stinging in my cheeks and redness that lasted for almost a week after using it. I've never had another product cause the redness before even though my skin is sensitive to many products. I also was surprised that product is VERY tinted. It goes on like tinted moisturizer. However, the color is not a flattering one. Maybe it was just the batch that I received, but it was much darker than the photo here shows. Like other reviewers have stated, it is very greasy and heavy, but I knew that it would be when I purchased. I just wanted others to be warned about the harsh stinging and tint before buying. LUSH's return process is a bit odd when ordering online, so I'd buy from the store or better yet ask for a sample before buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by becccalove

This is legit my Holy Grail moisturizer! In the winter I get horrible red,dry and itchy skin that no moisturizer has really helped before this. I use it only at night because it is rather oily and heavy but OMG when I wake up my skin is SO SOFT. I honestly couldn't believe it the first time I used it! I was also apprehensive because I do have acne prone skin but I have used this for the past 3 months and it had never broken me out! I also noticed my skins texture and color was smoother and more even after using this consistently.A downside is definitely the price, the small jar costs 25$ where I am, which is kinda crazy for a facial moisturizer. I honestly believe it is worth every penny and I will always make sure I have this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by amyrose1592

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best moisturiser I've ever used. Big words but it's true! I love all things lush, and I bought this a couple months ago, used it once and didn't like it very much. However I've changed my skincare routine up a bit and introduced the clarisonic mia 2, which is awesome but broke me out really bad and my nose and chin got really flaky and started peeling. This saved my skin. I kept applying this after cleaning my face and my skin had cleared up in 2 days. I think it sinks in well, my skin is quite sensitive and oily combination, but mostly oily. I believe adding moisture to oily skin actually decreases the production of the natural oils, well it does for me. I will definitely be buying again, but a little goes a long way so I doubt I'll have to buy any time soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by 123jasmine4

Pros- lightweight
Hydrating.
Smells good.
Makes my skin glowy.
Good to wear underneath foundation.
Moisturizing but not greasy.

Cons- Tiny ass amount, & no bigger sizes.
-expensive for a moisturizer

I just picked this up earlier today, and I literally stared at it for 10 minutes straight thinking if it's worth the price. ($23 for a SMALL PACKAGED moisturizer:( ) so i asked a lady who worked there what she thinks of it, and she told me she recently got it and was wearing it at the moment and that's when I knew I had to get it because her skin looked super healthy and glowing and that was what I wanted my skin to look like. So I got it.
It was 25$ with tax and all that shitnickles. the one thing i honestly HATE about this is that the container is so damn small. For 25 bucks they should atleast give me a medium sized jar. But no, the size is the size of the fresh face masks. Honestly though, after I've tried it and made my mom try it ( she has dry skin too ) I don't regret spending the money at all. Just wish the price would be lower or the packaging would be bigger.
Overall my new favorite moisturizer. Will update if anything. :)

Update--
i havent broken out in weeks and I now got 3 pimples, i don't know if its a coincidence or if this is making me break out. I hope not but will update again when i figure it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by grimaldi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I adore this moisturizer, it feels and smells wonderful, and does great things for my dry, sensitive skin. however, from a company claiming to be "all natural" i was very dissapointed to find out this product, and in fact ALL of LUSH's moisturizers, contain parabens. I can buy drugstore moisturizer that doesn't contain parabens, i feel like LUSH should be able to figure a way around using them.