August 21, 2014 | 1880 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by libwyman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh my god where do I start...

Coconut oil has truly saved my skin. I have tried for so so long 100s of different moisturisers to try and rid my horrible dry, flaky skin on my forhead due to eczema.. not pretty! especially when adding foundation into the mix to try and hide the horrid redness on my face. I was a flaky mess for months!

I heard from a friend that she was using coconut oil on her extremely dry lips so I thought to give it a try. I applied about a teaspoon of this oil on my face and neck before going to sleep. When i woke up I already noticed an improvement in my skin, something i had almost given up on seeing.

2 months later I can proudly name coconut a HOLY GRAIL product for me as my flaky skin has aaaaalmost completely cleared. Its also extremely cheap and so easy to find. Its also extremely versitile as I also use it too shave my legs and as a hair mask.

HOLY GRAIL is not a title I give away easily but I was extremely happy to give it to coconut oil :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

NOTE: I do NOT ever use this on my face. It breaks me out something awful. Thankfully, it has many other uses for me. I've been using it as a post-shower body lotion and it works pretty great. It absorbs faster than I'd expected and smells light, but nice. It's obviously not a harsh, synthetic, or strong scent. It leaves my skin very smooth, even my perpetually coarse elbows. I've also used coconut oil on my hair, a la hot oil treatment. Since I started co-washing, my hair hasn't needed too much babying, so I've not been using oil as much, but it works for that as well. It could be a good sealer/leave-in for those with less easily weighed down hair than my fine strands. I also eat coconut oil. It's tasty, and I believe full of the good-for-you fats. I tried some in my coffee(with milk, no sugar) and it was pretty yummy, though left a bit of an oily residue on the rim. C'est la vie, I still liked it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by JustEissler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have fairly oily skin so I avoid putting coconut oil anywhere near my face, but I've found that it works great on my legs after shaving. The smell is much nicer than the artifical scents that are usually so prominent in creams and soaps, and I found a gigantic jar for only ten bucks at the grocery store, which is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cooking, Beauty, Massage and topical applications.
Very versatile - be sure to get pure food grade if you plan to ingest it.

Good for saponification and topical aromatherapeutic (carrier) purposes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Pauser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG product! I use it as a hair mask, as an eye makeup remover, as a body moisturizer, and as an overnight facial moisturizer. I have been using this about 2.5 years on my face and am very pleased with the results. Prior to that I spent literally thousands of dollars on skin care products that didn't work as well for me. I use a good serum first, and follow up with coconut oil mixed with a few drops of vitamin E oil. I even use it in lieu of an eye cream at night. I prefer it in its oil form when using it on my face, so I put the container in hot water for a few minutes while I clean my face. I love this stuff! I have dry skin and this has really cleared it up. Can't recommend highly enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by meredithtaylor

I love love love coconut oil! I use it as a body moisturizer, lip moisturizer, hair mask, makeup remover, and a face wash. I know it sounds crazy but I have really oily skin and I use this as a makeup removing face wash before I use my korres exfoliating cleanser. This is especially good for people who have dry skin because it leaves a moisturizing residue on your skin, but if you have oily skin like me I like to use a gentle exfoliating cleanser to get that off, but only really quick and it works great! It feels so silky on your skin.. I love the way it feels to wash my face with coconut oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by OneEvening

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I initially bought coconut oil for my hair, but I have ended up using it for my face instead as a moisturiser. My skin gets a little flaky where I have acne (classy), and I have a few wrinkles (namely across my forehead, and laugh lines). Lately after I have washed my face, I put on a decent amount of coconut oil, sometimes mixed in with rosehip, jojoba, or any other oil I have at the time, and let it soak into my skin for a while. I find when I wake up the next day my wrinkles have reduced, I would say it is due to my skin being rehydrated- especially since it seems to completely absorb into my skin within 15-20 minutes, no matter how much I put on.
Even though I have large pores and hormonal acne (which I'm now treating on medication), I haven't found that this breaks me out at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Besides its obvious cooking uses, this has been a staple in my beauty routine.

First off, shaving! I've never had smoother legs!
Secondly, hair; whether it's mixed in a DIY max like olive oil, coconut oil, and egg white, or coconut oil and honey - it works amazing! I have such frizzy, dry hair that I hate straightening it but when I use those masks I love it. And also before my hair drys I lightly put some at the ends to protect my ends from splitting.
Third, my skin. I have oily skin with huge pores, so I was not expecting coconut oil to actually perform well with my skin type. I use it to remove my makeup, which it does fantastically, and it pulls a lot of the impurities from my pores. That's saying a lot because I have crazy stubborn clogged pores! For reference, I lightly coat areas of my face and rub it in with a warm wash cloth.

A little goes a long way so use sparingly (especially if you're oily). I'd definitely recommend this for any skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Lo08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Some people say that this clogs their pores and it makes their skin feel oily and greasy. Well, it's oil. If you have oily skin, bypass this product. Your skin already naturally produces enough oil to keep your skin looking good, unlike us dry skinned folk over here.

If you have dry skin, give this a try but keep in mind the following:
-DON'T use this every day
-Apply a THIN layer after washing your face and 20-30 minutes before makeup/bedtime
-Massage it into your skin. Don't let it just sit on your pores.

If you use it sparingly and 2-3x a week it will make you feel refreshed and wonderful. If you use too much too often it will drag you down and make you feel oily and gross. That's basically all there is to using this stuff as a moisturizer. You can also use it as a makeup remover (but for people with oily skin it'll add to their problem) as well as a facial mask if the mood so suits you.

I only gave 4/5 for packaging because it can be really messy and leak. The outside also gets all slippery and oily if you're not careful so keep it in a cool place.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by racistpretzels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

JESUS IN A JAR

That's what this is, folks. This has so many great uses, it's completely natural, and I can pick up a jar from just about all grocery stores (unrefined, virgin) for under $8. Let me just give a quick run down of all of my uses for it:

-makeup remover
-facial moisturizer (use sparingly)
-hair leave in/conditioner/overall moisturizer (use sparingly)
-stir fries
-general cooking or baking
-tanning oil
-body moisturizer

This stuff is just MAGNIFICIENT. My only cautions with it are that you just use a very small amount on your face, as it can break you out if you're not careful.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No