Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

4.4

Extra-virgin coconut oil.

on 8/22/2015 9:03:00 AM

Ahhhh I don't have enough to say about coconut oil!! I could go on all day!

But alas today I shall just mention using it as a hair mask, which is my favourite way to use it.

This is literally the BEST. HAIRMASK. EVER!!!!! I don't say this lightly, I prefer this to the kinglsey elasticizer by a mile. Even if I leave this on for like 4 hours when I wash my hair its so soft and refreshed and just looks heavenly, I apply this to my scalp as well and I swear it speeds up hair growth AND prevents my scalp from being itchy and dry by locking in moisture.

This is a MUST HAVE beauty item ladies, there are so many uses for it!!!

on 8/11/2015 1:28:00 PM

I like coconut oil because it is so versatile and you can use it for almost any problem. I use it to remove makeup, sometimes moisturize my face, mix with a powdered pigment to create cream makeup, apply to my cuticles, use as a body moisturizer, etc. I think the big thing to pay attention to here is where the coconuts come from. Many coconut oils, despite their claims, are heat processed. Extra virgin is insufficient; cold-pressed and organic would be the best indicators of quality. The price can range quite a bit depending on these qualifications, so know that you get what you pay for.

on 8/11/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is just great for hair, no matter what your hair type-obviously the usage should vary depending on the latter. It's been scientifically proven to penetrate hair and strengthening it from within, so it really should be a staple for anyone with damaged hair. Hair damage doesn't only come from chemical treatments like coloring or perming, but also from the everyday washing, combing, blowdrying and heat styling. If you wanted to avoid damaging your hair completely, you'd have to almost not wash and comb your hair, which in our society is a big no-no (and personally I find the oily-scalped frizzy-ends look a bit unappealing, not to mention the smell). Coconut oil works best as a leave-in treatment pre-shampooing or used like a hair serum after shampoo, but the problem is some other traditional hair conditioning products MIGHT interfere with its absorption so it's ideal to use it on freshly washed, non-conditioned hair. I personally use it more frequently as a leave-in after shampoo and conditioning but I can still see the benefits from using it often. I rarely use it after only using clarifying shampoo because my hair has been extremely damaged in the last few years and it would be a pain to dry my frizzy messy hair. It definitely helps repair my hair (ever so slightly since once damaged, a hair strand can never go back to its original state), especially if I use a lot and leave it in for 12h+.

on 8/11/2015 9:47:00 AM

I use this for EVERYTHING! It works great on taming my curly hair after washing and as a mask for before washing. I also use to remove eye make-up! It works with even stubborn mascaras, whilst keeping lashes nourished. Apparently works well for lash growth. I also use on my baby bump to keep stretch marks at bay and so far it has done a good job, 8 months in!

on 8/10/2015 4:00:00 PM

I use it on my face at night after i wash with black soap. It's amazing but one should use a TINY amount. I also used it 3-4 times to restore my poor, over-processed hair and it worked great. I also love cooking with it, especially fish ;)

on 8/10/2015 12:09:00 PM

I'm obsessed with coconut oil for all sorts of beauty needs!
I have keratosis pilaris on my arms, butt, and thighs and nothing has ever worked to help the redness and bumps. EXCEPT for cocnut oil! I typically will oil pull in the AM for 10-15 min (slosh/gargle the melted oil in your mouth, do not swallow, and spit in the garbage) and then I'll apply the oil itself to my skin in the AM & before bed. It's a miracle product. Any skin irritation, bump or redness I get immediately will go away with cococut oil. And my skin feels beyond baby soft. My KP really began to disapate about a week into my regimine. The oil pulling is not only for whiter teeth, but it's also to pull toxins out of your mouth. Take a look when you try, the oil immediately after melting is clear. Yet once you spit out the oil (brush your teeth after!), the oil is now a milky white. ICK. Those are toxins and nastiness that you just pulled from your mouth! But besides oil pulling, coconut oil has still been my go-to for KP help! It's become a HG product for me and I can't live without it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Have only just started using this the past week I put abit on my hands and rub all over my face and then remove with dry disposable cleansing pads. This has really helped calm my acne down. I still have a big cystic spot on my chin but that was there before I started using this coconut oil as a makeup remover and but it is slowly going down. I then use Skin Doctors T-Zone range afterwards.

on 7/23/2015 7:11:00 PM

I researched coconut oil before I started to use it, It's one of the two oils I use on my face currently.I use Nutiva Virgin coconut oil everyday in small amounts. To give coconut oil a real chance, it requires a full 14 days as that's how long it takes our skin to renew with what we are absorbing into it. Here is what I did!

1. Gather supplies: Coconut oil, cotton pads, small ceramic finger bowl, music or other relaxing things not requiring your hands.

2. Place about 1.5 teaspoons and with the two or three fingers, turn it into a liquid.

3. Using cotton pads, dip half of one side and start with one side of your face. Use small clockwise circles and work your way up to your cheek bone. This should take about 30 45 seconds. Make sure to get your nose and outer ear. We are looking to get the oil on the skin in this step, you are looking for your face to shine and glisten without dripping.

4. Turn the cotton pad around and dip it into the bowl and continue using small clockwise circles around your eyes and ending in your hair line.

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 on the opposite side of your face with the opposite side of the cotton pads.

6. With new cotton pads, start the same process on your neck and chest areas that are exposed to the sun and elements daily.

7. With your oil covered fingers, start massaging at the bottom of your face and work your way up into the hair line for about a minute. Now massage your neck and chest from the bottom up.

8. With two new pads, start with the same side you began with and wipe off oil, you will find you face won't shine but take on a nice supple texture. Follow steps as if you where putting it on, but not!

Tips:
Try not to get it in your inner ear, it has it's own cleaning process.
Always use small clockwise circles.
Treat each area separate, when cleaning or massaging, try not to go from bottom of the chest to top of the head.
Do NOT use water it's bad for your face. Oil and water don't mix and you will hinder the process.
Chest, neck and face are separate and each get the same amount of time and attention evenly.
You should never feel oily, almost like you've never really had oil on your skin to start with.
Less the best!! * More is BAD *

Before, with water and soap my skin was red in the T-zone, very dry and felt very tight, no amount of creams made it feel better. I have adult acne and it's gone, the blackheads on my nose are gone! I love my skin and it make me feel better about myself now that I feel I don't have to hide my face. My wrinkles are going away, they are not just being covered up or masked. My skin is tanner now and I feel better overall.

on 7/20/2015 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Since I have acne-prone skin, of course I DO NOT use coconut oil on my face for any whatsoever. I did once, and my face broke out in cystic pimples. I learned my lesson. This oil is HIGHLY comedogenic, so if you have acne-pronce skin like me, just don't do it. I do use coconut oil for moisturizing my hair and the rest of my body, and it has worked wonders for me! I got a 3 lb bucket off of amazon for $10 a year ago, and I'm only 1/3 through! I love it. I'll be using this for the rest of my life.

on 7/19/2015 9:43:00 PM

I use coconut oil (organic for cooking) as a regular moisturizer. I use it about 3x a week as a night moisturizer and my skin looks and feels amazing. On days where my skin is feeling dryer than normal, I put this on under my makeup. My skin looks oily for about 20 minutes and then it starts to look and feel incredible!! It's really helped with some expression wrinkles and my adult acne.

I've used it a couple times as a hot oil treatment for my hair (just warm it up in the microwave and then put a bag over your hair to keep it warm.) It works amazing!! I have brittle, curly and dry hair - so it helps keep healthy strong hair.

THis is a HG product for me!

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products