October 21, 2014 | 1612 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Lip Glide Sheer - Sheerly Melon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I rediscovered it in my collection and love it! The colour is definitely what the name suggests, a watermelon pink that when applied gives me a nice and natural look as these lipglosses are quite sheer. I love the twist and click applicator as it releases enough product each time. It has a weird plastic scent to it, but that doesn't bother me too much as the colour is too pretty to notice. They last for a fair amount of time and don't feel sticky at all which is a nice bonus. I would buy these again as they have a nice colour selection but I think these have been discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2006 1:39:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'll be honest - I wasn't going for this shade in the beginning and was hoping to get "Sheerly Orchid". But when I sampled orchid on the back of my hand I knew I wasn't going to be able to pull it off by a long shot. I needed a shade of pink with a warm base, and Sheerly Melon was the only strong pink color in the range that leaned towards the orange. I picked it up, got home and tried it on... I was in love! Sheerly Melon was wonderful for me! It is, as I earlier mentioned, a strong pink with an orange base, making it a mix between a coral and a flamingo - or watermelon, as the name suggests. It's sheer and buildable, lets me choose between a slightly flushed mouth and a strong watermelon-y yet surprisingly extremely wearable set of lips. There's no shimmer in this shade but a lot of shine. The applicator, I have to admit, is a total disaster. Yes, I do get evenly applied color and the applicator is wonderful to use on the lips, but it happens far too often that I twist the applicator to disperse product, nothing comes out, twise a little more, still nothing, twist a little more and then a fountain of color bursts out, which is much more than I need or want to use. This type of odd behavior is considered normal with twist applicators when the product is first being used in order to start the flow to the tip. But this happens almost all the time for me. Unfortunately this seems to be Revlon's fault - any one of these glosses which by sheer accident has a small air bubble in the gloss well is going to do this. Normally I don't detract too many points on bad packaging, but in this case, the design of the packaging is bad enough to detract from the overall quality of the product. Despite my deep love with this color, I'm going to detract 1 lippy due to the horrible packaging an an additional lippy for the price, which is twice the price of an average drugstore lipgloss and the amount in the well is half the amount of an average drugstore lipgloss. So why would I still purchase it? The color, oh... the color!