August 2, 2014 | 952 users online

Styling Products - Revlon - Lottabody Setting Lotion

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Pimpinett

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm torn. I use this a lot; practically daily, I routinely do wet pincurl sets and use Lottabody. I have fine, but fairly thick Scandinavian hair, around shoulderlength, slightly wavy, in a modified middy cut for a 30's to 50's kind of look, and partially colour-treated. It doesn't hold curls very well, Lottabody definitely helps with that. If I'm lucky I can stretch one set out for up to four days or so, with a bit of upkeep but without having to re-set it all over again.

However, finding just the right amount for your hair is not entirely easy, and it does get frizzy sometimes. Pointfix helps with the frizz, but still. In general, I set my hair towel dried, but still quite wet. I part it to the side and divide it into lengthwise sections about 2-3 cm wide, parallel to the part. I add 3-5 drops of Lottabody per section as I proceed, dividing each lengthwise section into 4-7 smaller strands and curling them. It's not an exact science, and I honestly don't know what the water to setting lotion ratio is; 2 to 1, perhaps? It's not optimal and the amount of trial and error you have to do to find a ratio that works for your hair is probably the biggest drawback with Lottabody; you need to do some work to make it work for you. It has to be diluted. It will turn out bad every once in a while, but every hairstyle does.

It does provide me with huge amounts of fluffy volume, which is a joy for someone with naturally flat and slippery hair, and apart from the occasional overdose, resulting in frizz, it performs very well. Setting lotions have become hard to come by where I live, but I have a reliable source of huge, inexpensive bottles of Lottabody and that alone makes it worth sticking with. I have never found it crunchy or sticky, but I always brush out my set when dry. Has a nice, unobtrusive old-fashioned barbershop kind of fragrance. All in all, troublesome but very much worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

I've really been liking this. I recently started using product in my hair again after years of needing nothing but a smoothing type cream for an ultrashort pixie. I use it for vintage-inspired pincurls and really it has given me no reason to stray or experiment.

My hair won't hold a dry set well but I find wet hair frustrating to pincurl so I apply Lottabody to damp hair after I shower (for my fine, straight shoulder length hair I use it diluted about 50/50 and pour about a tablespoon of this mixture into my palms, then rub through my hair). I let it air dry almost completely, pincurl, then saturate the curls using a spray bottle of water, and sleep on it.

I end up with soft, shiny, well defined curls that brush out well to soft vintage inspired looks. I have never experienced crunchiness or tackiness, and although my hair is prone to limpness the Lottabody has never seemed to weigh it down. There's definitely a difference in how well my sets last with Lottabody versus without.

It has no scent that I can detect, and I like the reduced-waste packaging of buying it in a dilutable form. Plus it's cheap as can be. Going to stick with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

How do I know I am a product junkie? Every few months, I dig through all the "trying-this" products in my hair stuff drawer, come up with this, can't remember why it fell from favor, and use it diluted 50/50 in a wet set. To get right to the point, I love the shiny curls (big rollers yield about 1-inch ringlets) that hold perfectly against frizziness so long as I Do Not Touch them beyond finger-raking. I don't love the texture or look once I brush it out and can't be sure that I can fix this by increasing dilution, but I haven't really tried.
So why do I keep buying & trying (this would be a rhetorical question but for MUA :D)? I need to get past the extremely plain bottle and irrational association with other stuff my mom used back in the day like Dippity Do and Nestle's Superset (can I get a witness?). Gotta keep working with Lottabody, at least until I fall for the next brightly colored can/jar/bottle of snake oil...from Armenian baby snakes, maybe, raised only on macadamia nuts (joking reference to eternal search for HG - do not look for this product).

P.S. If it matters, I have fine Af/Am hair (3a-3b curl pattern), which I prefer to wear in loose waves after brushing out a wet set. In the semi-tropical climate where I live, we are rarely without at least 50% humidity. Frizziness is a constant state of being.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Um, yeah, I don't know if I'm not doing this right or what, but it doesn't seem to work for me. First of all, I should say that I use hot rollers, not the other kind. I tried washing my hair, putting in a 50/50 mixture of this when it was damp, blow drying, and then putting in a little more of this. Then I wait for that to dry and put in my hot rollers. Am I doing this incorrectly? I really really want this to work for me, so if anyone has any advice, let me know.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by pricella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was at sallys last night, and it was on sale..sooo I bought it. im super glad I did!! I mixed half water and product in a little spray bottle. this morning I washed and condished my hair and sprayed on wet hair. combed through and air dried. it looks beachy and shiny. I m going out tonight and plan to spray a little more on like a hair spray. This could be my summer product!!! thanks to mua I would have never tried this product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do vintage styles (curls) with my hair regularly, and usually my curls only last a couple of hours, no matter how much hairspray I use. If I remember to use lottabody after I wash my hair (diluted in a spray bottle and sprayed onto wet hair), my curls last for DAYS! I can get gorgeous, soft, lasting 1940's curls with this setting lotion. It's amazing. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by adara260

I bought this to do wet sets for pin curls but I started to use this during blow outs to create body in my flat hair.

This works really well for that. It creates body without being sticky or helmet head like at all. The price is right and you can do dilutions for stronger or softer hold. This also makes your hair shinier too!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I had read so many rave reviews of Lottabody Setting Lotion that I had to try it for myself. I've used other setting lotions on my medium-thick, wavy-curly hair before to tame the poufiness and to add body, so I figured I would love Lottabody.

Unfortunately, I wasn't so crazy about it.

First, it seemed like I could never get the dilution right. I'm pretty sure I would need to use it straight to get it to work with my hair, which has a sort of spongy texture. It didn't hold my style at all, but it did give my hair body.

Second, I'm 99.9% sure that this stuff caused a horrible rash that appeared on my neck and jawline right after using it. My skin is so sensitive that it's hard for me to pinpoint any one thing that can cause it to break out in a rash, but I'm leaning toward the Lottabody in this instance, simply because it made my head itch really bad, too. Again, I haver really sensitive skin, so for most people, I doubt this would be a problem.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ladyc7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using LottaBody for yearrrrsssssss now since I was a little girl. I have relaxed shoulder length hair and this product keeps roller set curls, pin curls, straw curls, flexi & perm rod styles for days! I love it, it's my staple product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by bumped

Dude, this shit is AMAZING.

Me: Thick Asian hair that holds neither volume nor curls.
Me + Lottabody diluted (1:4? I don't remember): Curls that last for days. Curls that I can't brush out.

This stuff turns my hair into some kinda curl-holding mutant. It's MAGIC. Stuff lasts until I wash my hair again.

So HG.