Astral Cream

4.8

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Paraffin, Lanolin, Ozokerite, Lanolin Alcohol, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Myristate, Magnesium Sulfate, Parfum, Propylparaben, 2 Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool

This is very thick and feels greasy. I thought I'd have breakouts from using this. I didn't and it works great!
Purchased from Amazon and it took forever to get it...worth the wait!
Will repurchase when I run out.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got a sample of this in a Beauty Box and was initially quite dismissive of it. In fact it sat sad, unopened and unloved for a couple of months before I decided to open it. It's got to be popular for a reason and Joanna Lumley wouldn't be advertising it without reason. Plus k was getting desperate for a rich moisturising lotion with the weather turning colder and my skin getting dryer.

There is nothing ultra glamorous about this but it worked like a treat. My skin looked instantly more hydrated and my foundation sat beautifully on top of it. In fact, I can even make ELDW foundation look normal on me instead of the usual dry, caky mess I get when I try it!

It's maybe not going to be wonderful on oily skin types but I think there is a lighter version of it. The scent can be off putting but I have not had any weird skin reactions. Definitely worth considering in the cooler months or as a night time moisturiser.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have very dry over 50 skin. One day, by lark, I found the reviews of this cream here on MUA. I have tried many expensive creams over the years and also many inexpensive creams. I might own half the GDP of Clarins by now. This winter the forced air heating hit me worse than usual, so off to find something that would moisturize without leaving my face greasy (and thus my hair getting greasy). I read all the reviews how Nivea really was just like Creme de La Mer, and gave that a go.. it was a bit waxy for my tastes and by morning although it had absorbed in, something just felt a little off. I tried adding a bit of avocado oil or rosehip seed oil paired up with it, till a got a spot on my left cheek due to clogged pores. I haven't had a spot in about 30 years! I figured the all to rich texture of Nivea was most likely causing the breakout. I ordered Astral cream and waited for it to be shipped to me in the USA. I CAN'T BE WITHOUT THIS CREAM! (sorry for shouting, but I like it that much). A little goes a long ways and it absorbs completely within about 1/2 hour of applying to my face. Yet, it leaves a slight amount sitting on my skin surface without it being greasy and keeps me hydrated all day long. I was able to order a giant 500 ML jar of this for under $20 (shipped!) from the UK. I use a small spatula as not to introduce bacteria into the product instead of dipping my fingers into the pot. I do wish it came in a tube or pump for that reason and I will investigate if I can find a pump that fits these jars from a 3rd party vendor (I will update this if I do for anyone reading). Now I put a drop or two of avocado or rosehip seed oil on at night and seal in with this fantastic cream. In the day, just a smidgen of this cream and that's it! My skin is happy, and hydrated and fine lines are plumped up. From now on, as long as I can continue to order this product from the UK, I will. I was worried that the fragrance would be too much for my sensitive dry skin but I have had no issues with it. It is a bit soapy and flowery and comforting. I do wish that the fragrance was a smidgen lighter but considering the price and effectiveness of this cream, that is easy to overlook along with the packaging. This will now be my go to cream. I can now say Cream de La...Who? My skin and pocketbook thanks you Astral Cream.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love love LOVE this stuff! I ran out of my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and decided to give this stuff a try. After 4 months of use I've decided to write a review.

Firstly, the packaging: obviously I wish the lotion came in a tube or a container with a pump just for sanitary purposes. I think that the screw-top pot is the biggest negative with this lotion. But at $8 for 50 ml, the price makes up for the less than ideal packaging.

The lotion itself is very creamy and thick. You can feel the moisture sinking into your skin right away. For work, I have to be outside in the winter weather for long periods of time AND I've been using an 8% AHA cream on my face for the past couple of months. Zero dry patches. Astral is wonderful!

My skin is oily and definitely not at all sensitive so I can't really speak to how this would work for sensitive skin. I think they actually have a formula specific for sensitive skin. BF has acne prone skin and he's been using it on his winter dry patches without a problem.

There is a bit of a catch with the moisture though. The lotion can leave you a bit slick and shiny but I typically just blot before makeup application and powder after and it's not an issue.

TLDR: Astral is great and cheap. VERY moisturizing. Buy this.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my favourite moistruiser ever. I always have a large pot for my body, and a small pot for my face by my bedside.

For my face - PROS - my face is usually quite oily, however I am prone do dry patches around my nose and on my forehead. I usually use this once a week all over my face and every night before bed I dab a bit on my dry patches. It is actually a miracle cream - I will wake up and dry patches are gone, skin feels plump and it makes no noticeable difference to the day-to-day oiliness of my skin. The tiny pots are really cute and handbag sized, which is perfect for winter.

CONS - can feel greasy and is very heavy duty - would definitely recommend only using before bed.

For my body - PROS - my skin is soooo dry, when i apply this it's like i can actually feel my skin drinking it in. I have quite sensitive skin and some moisturizers will irritate my skin after application and I have to rinse it off. Not this! I use this daily before bed, all over my body, and have never even come up in a rash even if i use it after I've shaved.

CONS - None! I love this so much.

My mum is 50+, still looking fresh and swears by Astral cream!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Review is for Astral Cream, I haven't tried Astral soft, yet.

Me: hormonal changes wreaking havoc, fine, very dry, almost transparent skin which has been line free till now suddenly drying up and tiny vile lines appearing.

Astral: never heard of it but saw a blurb saying the divine Joanna Lumley wouldn't be without a jar. As she's gorgeous at 69 I bought a 50ml jar for 90 pence, less than a dollar for you over the pond.

Expectations: zero but at that price nothing to lose. I had read it contained sheep lanolin etc and thought great, for very little money I can look like a middle aged sheep, mutton, how suitable.

Results so far: on application it felt very rich, clotted cream rich and as I massaged it into my skin it looked like grease. I didn't think I'd like it, but I hadn't expected much, zero promises from Astral and no anti ageing so. My face felt greasy and looked oily. I began to massage and press it into my skin. Remember my skin is Sahara dry with all the lustre of cardboard. Then I noticed my skin felt comforted, really moisturised. I'd applied it to vaguely damp skin. My hair stuck to my face, I tie the muck up. Then noticed my skin felt really comfy and after a few hours I noticed the greasy feeling had gone and my skin looked shiny and younger.

So I applied it at bedtime, hair in plait, no problems with fronds latching to face. Next morning my skin looked very plumped up, firmer and happy.

End result: am now going round with hair tied up in the day as well at night and massaging and pressing this well into my skin, which feels good and my skin looks luminous and like I've been doing that strobing thing, lustrous, sheeny, good.

I love Astral and will continue retinol etc when I can be bothered but this stuff is nicer to use and shows results faster, smoothing, happy, shiny young looking skin, love it, thanks Joanna.

My favourite and most comforting body moisturiser for when my skin is painfully dry and cracked! It's not as sticky as Nivea but keeps my skin soft and protected. Having spent five years in the UK, I have never once been without a tub of this as it gives long lasting moisturisation without the icky-ness. Sadly, this is unavailable in Malaysia.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely amazing

Every so often I give my skin a break from the retinol, aha and bha and slather this on before bed. Yes, it's greasy but in the morning my skin looks plump and happy, and any flakies gone. Texture is whipped, much less sticky than nivea creme. Scent is quite strong, but doesn't irritate my skin. Yes it has mineral oil and lanolin, I think that what makes it such an effective, straight-up MOISTURISER.
I like the sumptuous look of the big jars but even the small jar is 50ml, standard moisturise size so not too shabby. It just looks small and cute as the pkg is not bigged up.
Costs hardly anything.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Astral cream is one of those products I would have never, ever known about had I not read the reviews here. Partly because this isn't one of those "Must Have" products the magazines talk about and partly because this is likely one of those products that isn't well known outside of Europe. That's a shame because this stuff is great and cheap!

First, an overview of my skin. I'm acne prone and have fairly normal to dry skin while the skin on my body is basically comparable to an alligator living in the Sahara. In the past few years, the skin on my nose area has become weird (there's really no better word). The pores can be seen from space, it's oily beyond all belief yet flakes and produces whiteheads. If I apply foundation to my nose, the skin peels and the foundation just sits on top of my nose accentuating every single pore. It matters not if I exfoliate, apply primer (that actually makes it worse!) or apply moisturizer right before I apply foundation. I've tried various high end moisturizers but nothing is really helping that particular area.

After reading about Astral cream, I decided I had nothing to lose so I ordered a 200ml jar of the original via Amazon for $11. When I first got it, I thought it might be too thick to use on my face but I dove in anyway. I was impressed from the first use as this cream is very rich. It really reminds me of Nivea cream because the smells are quite similar (although this is a bit less obnoxious and cloying) but this doesn't seem to turn watery when applied. Even though this is quite thick and seems more like it would be the worst thing to put on your face if you easily get acne, I've haven't had one breakout from this. Astral cream leaves my face super moisturized and even better, it has stopped my nose from being flaky and weird.

For the past few weeks, I've only used this at night. I used it once under makeup and I ended up looking very oily (or "glowy" if you want to be positive). Since I live in a high humidity area that barely has what can be considered a fall or winter season, I basically looked like a walking oil slick. I think the light version would likely be a better alternative to use under makeup than the original, especially if you hail from the swamp like me. As this is a face and body cream, you can obviously use this on your body. I've only used it on my elbows (even though I have an ample amount to use everywhere) and I found it performs well on the body too. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave you feeling sticky.

Now for the downsides. This cream comes in a big plastic jar. I don't really mind jars for products but I would prefer a tube or pump. If jars are the bane of your existence however, the jar aspect might annoy you. The other downside is that, if you don't live where this is sold in drugstores, you're going to have to buy this online for a slightly higher price. If you shop smartly, you'll easily be able to find the largest side of this for a reasonable price. Overall, Astral cream is a sound investment. The price is great (even for us Yanks) and the amount you get is insane. If you're looking for a product that really hydrates, this is your best bet.