January 28, 2015 | 1945 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Astral Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 7:53:00 PM More reviews by SecondCityPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Some classics are classics for a reason and this is one of them. I've tried many moisturisers but this is my favourite. It's soft, it's not greasy and it works well. I choose to use it on my face rather than my body though it's great for the body too, I just like a bit of variety. I always apply at night and wake up looking better, and recently a lot of my friends have said how supple my skin looks and some of my forehead lines appear to have

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 4:40:00 PM More reviews by AnonymousEnthusiast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing moisturiser for winter time. It kinda takes time to absorb into the skin but i like this feel of something greasy on skin in winter. And it has strong scent, I don't mind that either. My aunt lives in England she bought this for me around 4 years back, since then i have been using it. But it feels really very greasy in hot days so i just use it when weather gets cold and dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 8:11:00 AM More reviews by megabyte2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Over many, many years I have tried some of the most expensive, highly rated moisturizers, from Creme de la Mer, Chanel Precision $335, Sisley global $445 and more. I know, a big obsession! Over lunch, my friend said she found the best that money could buy, and she wanted me to try it. She put some in a small, plain jar for me to try. I did not think the scent was worthy of an extremely expensive cream, but I have to admit that I loved using it on my face.
After a month, she finally broke the news that it was the original Astral, about $3, which she bought in a drugstore in England. I was and still am dumbstruck.
I do wish that it had SPF protection in it though.

I am still using it one year later!

Ps I live in the UK now and can buy it very cheaply. I just looked to see if we can buy it in the States and could not believe the prices I saw! I think when I go back for a visit I will fill up my suitcase.... http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=astral+cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Violetlara33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only moisturiser I'll ever use on my very delicate and allergy prone skin - I've tried all sorts over the years and all of them have fallen short of this trusty formula which makes my skin look better than anything else. Basically, my skin is oily but yet is so sensitive that the slightest puff of wind, or strong chemical, and it turns into a red, itchy, flaky, tight mess! (not to mention the spots and white-heady type "blib blebs" some products can cause around my nose and chin.) I've wasted loads of money over the years trying one thing after another only to find that they either cause an allergic reaction, bring me out in spots, or don't really moisturise enough, causing even the most oily part of my face (my nose) to go all flaky making my foundation look awful! (I'm not sure how many other people have experienced the phenomenon of an oily skin which can also be flaky, even when it looks like an oil-slick, but mine is exactly like that!) Anyway, I tried even expensive makes like Clinique, but nothing has proven to be as effective as Asral at keeping my skin comfortable and looking its best (I know some people swear by Nivea cream as well, but sadly I'm allergic to it so I can't really comment on its effectiveness really.)

I use the original, darker blue tub which you can get for around 1 for a small 50ml pot (ideal for travelling) - as others have mentioned though Superdrug seem to regularly offer larger pots for half price, so it's worth stocking up. Another reviewer said that the smell is "like old lady night cream" and I agree with that exactly - it's such a wonderful, comforting scent, and I never get sick of it! It leaves my skin perfectly hydrated, soft and supple, and is a joy to use feeling sort of light and fluffy. I usually put a few blobs of it around my face after a shower and let it sink in while I have breakfast. I blot my face with a tissue before applying make-up to remove any excess sitting on the top of my skin and I'm left with a nice soft canvas for my foundation. All in all, I've found that Astral is brilliant and I hope they never stop making it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Jem88

Love this product . By far the best moisturiser ! leaves skin subtle. Price is reasonable I tend to use about 2 tubs a month ! (All over moisturising twice a day) all though I have to admit I use more product than is necessary .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by MrsHogg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used Astral since I was about 12 (I am now 26) and will always use it! I lather it all over my face and my body and skin is always so supple and soft. I use it right after a bath and it instantly locks in moisture and I also use it as a cleanser as well so its very versatile! I only wish they would introduce more products like an SPF day cream or a bath milk because I would definitely purchase! I adore the smell I wish I could bottle it into a real perfume!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Estherfaithox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has been my HG moisturiser since I've been about 12! it leaves skin feeling beautifully hydrated and radiant,I believe this to be my saviour in terms of clear,spot free skin! definitely a must have for all ages!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by sj8712

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Been using this on my face and for the first time in weeks, I have smooth, hydrated skin and no clogged pores!

Some background on my skin : Very dry/flaky from using Epiduo to combat moderate acne. I get dry, leathery patches on my face and for some reason, down my neck (I don't put Epiduo there!) so for the past 2 weeks I looked like I had a white beard from all the dry skin :( My face was so tight and dry, I went from looking like a spotty teenager to haggard with fine lines in a matter of weeks.

I was previously using Cetaphil Moisturising Cream and occasionally Bio Oil. I was willing to put something a bit "heavier" on my face because the discomfort from the dry skin was too much but sadly, my face would be nice and moisturised at night but still dry and flaky in the morning. I bought the Astral Light & Creamy from Sainsbury's for 2.99 after noticing a lady picking up 3 tubs. She said that she has adult acne and is still on Roaccutane and this cream was the only thing that helped without making her look like an oil slick.

So I bought 1 tub, and boy, am I glad I did! Hubby loves it too - he has combination skin and no acne. It's perfect for the winter or if you're on acne medication. The cream smells amazing and goes well under make up. Very highly recommended and would buy again! If you're in the UK, you're better off buying this from Boots/Sainsbury's/any other pharmacist because they sell it for double the price on Amazon. But for people outside the UK, 6 isn't much for a great product!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Moonchitaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really can't say enough good things about this cream- it is absolutely lovely and SO cheap!! I get it from Boots for 7.99 for a huge tub that would easily last me a year. Its a very rich emollient white cream that can be used as a facial or body moisturiser or as a cleanser to remove makeup. I use it for all three purposes. Its incredibly moisturising and has a beautiful clean, soapy, baby lotion type scent. I find this FAR superior to Nivea (even the german version) as in my opinion, its richer and more moisturising without leaving a greasy film. This could easily be a dupe for La mer as far as I am concerned- its comforting and soothing and leaves my complexion looking healthy, plumped and hydrated. For reference, my skin is generally very dry with an oily T zone. I am not at all prone to breakouts or clogs so I cannot say whether this cream would be appropriate for someone who is clog-prone. I also think it would be far too rich for anyone with oily skin. My *only* criticism is that it comes in a huge tub which is not as hygienic as a pump bottle, but for me, this isn't a huge deal at all and this cream is so thick and rich that I dont think a pump would even work. If your skin is dry, flaky or in need of serious moisture, you MUST try this. Its fabulous.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by SanyaX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favourite cream for face. I've been using this since I was 14 and it cleared all my teenage spots ! I've never stopped using this and I never will. You can purchase this from boots or superdrugs and even wilkinsons from 1 !!!