August 1, 2014 | 1811 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Astral Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Violetlara33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only moisturiser I'll ever use on my very delicate and allergy prone skin - I've tried all sorts over the years and all of them have fallen short of this trusty formula which makes my skin look better than anything else. Basically, my skin is oily but yet is so sensitive that the slightest puff of wind, or strong chemical, and it turns into a red, itchy, flaky, tight mess! (not to mention the spots and white-heady type "blib blebs" some products can cause around my nose and chin.) I've wasted loads of money over the years trying one thing after another only to find that they either cause an allergic reaction, bring me out in spots, or don't really moisturise enough, causing even the most oily part of my face (my nose) to go all flaky making my foundation look awful! (I'm not sure how many other people have experienced the phenomenon of an oily skin which can also be flaky, even when it looks like an oil-slick, but mine is exactly like that!) Anyway, I tried even expensive makes like Clinique, but nothing has proven to be as effective as Asral at keeping my skin comfortable and looking its best (I know some people swear by Nivea cream as well, but sadly I'm allergic to it so I can't really comment on its effectiveness really.)

I use the original, darker blue tub which you can get for around 1 for a small 50ml pot (ideal for travelling) - as others have mentioned though Superdrug seem to regularly offer larger pots for half price, so it's worth stocking up. Another reviewer said that the smell is "like old lady night cream" and I agree with that exactly - it's such a wonderful, comforting scent, and I never get sick of it! It leaves my skin perfectly hydrated, soft and supple, and is a joy to use feeling sort of light and fluffy. I usually put a few blobs of it around my face after a shower and let it sink in while I have breakfast. I blot my face with a tissue before applying make-up to remove any excess sitting on the top of my skin and I'm left with a nice soft canvas for my foundation. All in all, I've found that Astral is brilliant and I hope they never stop making it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Jem88

Love this product . By far the best moisturiser ! leaves skin subtle. Price is reasonable I tend to use about 2 tubs a month ! (All over moisturising twice a day) all though I have to admit I use more product than is necessary .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by MrsHogg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used Astral since I was about 12 (I am now 26) and will always use it! I lather it all over my face and my body and skin is always so supple and soft. I use it right after a bath and it instantly locks in moisture and I also use it as a cleanser as well so its very versatile! I only wish they would introduce more products like an SPF day cream or a bath milk because I would definitely purchase! I adore the smell I wish I could bottle it into a real perfume!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Estherfaithox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has been my HG moisturiser since I've been about 12! it leaves skin feeling beautifully hydrated and radiant,I believe this to be my saviour in terms of clear,spot free skin! definitely a must have for all ages!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by sj8712

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Been using this on my face and for the first time in weeks, I have smooth, hydrated skin and no clogged pores!

Some background on my skin : Very dry/flaky from using Epiduo to combat moderate acne. I get dry, leathery patches on my face and for some reason, down my neck (I don't put Epiduo there!) so for the past 2 weeks I looked like I had a white beard from all the dry skin :( My face was so tight and dry, I went from looking like a spotty teenager to haggard with fine lines in a matter of weeks.

I was previously using Cetaphil Moisturising Cream and occasionally Bio Oil. I was willing to put something a bit "heavier" on my face because the discomfort from the dry skin was too much but sadly, my face would be nice and moisturised at night but still dry and flaky in the morning. I bought the Astral Light & Creamy from Sainsbury's for 2.99 after noticing a lady picking up 3 tubs. She said that she has adult acne and is still on Roaccutane and this cream was the only thing that helped without making her look like an oil slick.

So I bought 1 tub, and boy, am I glad I did! Hubby loves it too - he has combination skin and no acne. It's perfect for the winter or if you're on acne medication. The cream smells amazing and goes well under make up. Very highly recommended and would buy again! If you're in the UK, you're better off buying this from Boots/Sainsbury's/any other pharmacist because they sell it for double the price on Amazon. But for people outside the UK, 6 isn't much for a great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Moonchitaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really can't say enough good things about this cream- it is absolutely lovely and SO cheap!! I get it from Boots for 7.99 for a huge tub that would easily last me a year. Its a very rich emollient white cream that can be used as a facial or body moisturiser or as a cleanser to remove makeup. I use it for all three purposes. Its incredibly moisturising and has a beautiful clean, soapy, baby lotion type scent. I find this FAR superior to Nivea (even the german version) as in my opinion, its richer and more moisturising without leaving a greasy film. This could easily be a dupe for La mer as far as I am concerned- its comforting and soothing and leaves my complexion looking healthy, plumped and hydrated. For reference, my skin is generally very dry with an oily T zone. I am not at all prone to breakouts or clogs so I cannot say whether this cream would be appropriate for someone who is clog-prone. I also think it would be far too rich for anyone with oily skin. My *only* criticism is that it comes in a huge tub which is not as hygienic as a pump bottle, but for me, this isn't a huge deal at all and this cream is so thick and rich that I dont think a pump would even work. If your skin is dry, flaky or in need of serious moisture, you MUST try this. Its fabulous.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by SanyaX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favourite cream for face. I've been using this since I was 14 and it cleared all my teenage spots ! I've never stopped using this and I never will. You can purchase this from boots or superdrugs and even wilkinsons from 1 !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by VioletAutumn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This Product Is Amazing!!! i'm so happy i found it,because i've been trying out moisturizers for years and now i have finally found one that is great, and i think i probably stick with it for the rest of my life or as long as there selling it at least. it's an ''all over'' cream which means you can use it on your face.

this moisturizer is
creamy
easy to spread on the face with out using much of the product.
the smell reminds me of my grandmother slightly baby powder smelling like old lady night cream lol.. but in a good way i like the smell.
can be used to take makeup off.

this product is great in so many ways more then nivea or ponds because this stuff is no greasy at all.. at first you think it might be greasy because it feels really fluffy-ish on your hand.. but once you put it on your face, you just get instant smoothness and no resadue no greasy film on your face the skin absorbs it pretty quickly to, but slow enough so that you dont have to worry about thinking of having to apply another coat.

it comes in a pot contaner, i just wash my hands first before using it ( i'm the only one that uses this cream though,so i dont have to worry to much..but if your going to share this with your family i suggest you use a Q-tip/ earbud to get the cream out and just dot it around your face then smooth it out with your hands ..that way your not puting your fingers in the pot)

i have read some reviews that some familys have been using this cream and passing it down through there family.. kind of like how some people do that with ponds or nivea.. but i cant stress enough how Astral is so much better then both of those..
i dont know why i've never heard of it before.. maybe it's more of a europian cream, i'm originaly from canada.

i picked up Astral from Superdrug the hole range is currently half off.. which is amazing! i got this for 1.70
and you get 200ml but i can see this lasting a long time for me as you really dont need much product. it's normaly on sale for 2.99

you can also get a 500ml pot thats about 3.80 at the moment but originally it's about 7.99

you can also get it at boots but it's not as cheap.

i really have to get an extra pot before the sale ends

there are 2 versions of Astral ''original'' and ''Light'' i chose light because i thought as it being a ''all over cream'' that the original might be too much moisture.. but i still have read great things about both versions.

Astral Light is really hydrating it's truly the best things i've come by.. i applyed it in the eavening before dinner yesterday and i woke up today and my skin is still extra mega Soft.

it's like whoaaa, because i havent had skin this soft since i was 11 years old xD.

even after i used soap and glorys rub your nose in it scrub mask.. the moisturizer was strong enough to tame my skin and calm it down plus make it soft as hell.

the only downside is that it reminds me of my grandmother and it makes me miss her because i dont live near her anymore.

so i truly recommend this to you! especially if you got dry sensitive skin.. or just sensitive skin.. also i think the light version would be good for oily skin to.

just please remember! dont use to much, you really dont need much.. add a bit at a time on your skin.. like rub in one side of your face at a time..then you can better manage the amount your puting on.. because its easy to over use a product that comes in a pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by BGx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing. I use this on my body and its brilliant for daytime moisturisation if you want to feel supple and soft all day. A lot of my friends with dryer skin swear by this as well.
My Mum uses this on her face but I just cant bring myself to do it. I know already that the gloopyness/heavyness will break me out but it works well for her and she doesn't really have a wrinkle.

Cult following - well deserved!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great - rich and moisturising without feeling greasy. I use this on my face and body and love it.

I don't like to use this under liquid foundations though as I find it makes them look patchy. (the oil/water combination maybe?)

I much prefer this to nivea which feels greasy even on my dry skin.
I quite like the packaging of this and the smell - like one of the other reviewers said - it's distinctive. But the scent is subtle and vanished once it's applied.