December 22, 2014 | 1580 users online

Polishes - Creative Nail Design - Rose Bud

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lovely pink by Creative was on clearance today at Ulta. Evidently Ulta is discontinuing its Creative line. I am sad and I picked up four shades including Rose Bud, Moonlight & Roses, Free Spirit and Sheer Enchantment. This one is a lovely shy pink shade.

THE COLOR

This pink is not pale but it is slightly muted, about the color of my nail beds. It's muted in part due to the really strong silver shimmer. It's also muted/greyed with a touch of lavender. When you add these factors together what you have is a subtle slightly mauvey lavender pink. It's a very natural color but just interesting enough to lift your spirits. It may be a touch similar to OPI Not So Bora Bora-ing Pink. Anyway, I bought it because there are very few pinks that I can wear that aren't too bright, too peach, too red. This one is really one of the best pink shades I have seen that also look great on me.

THE APPLICATION

The application wasn't too great as the color was very thick. I think I will thin it a few drops. The first coat was easy but the second was a bit tricky but the key was to keep the polish on the brush consistent. The application was not bad.

THE WEAR

The only problem with Creative is that it takes so long for the polish to dry you are bound to get prints, marks, scuffs, smudges, etc. That's such a drag that I almost avoid CND but for their lovely colors. You can counteract the drying problems by using sprays, quick drying topcoats or drops. However. If you want to use the maximum protection, Creative Shiney topcoat, you will need to really not use your hands for 2 hrs even with drops to avoid any sort of marks on your nails. Once dry, this color SHOULD last and last. I will update if I get premature marks or scuffs. ED: I DID! JUST AS PREDICTED!

I posted a pic of this and I can send it to you you if you would like. The color is really nice

ED: I received a color very similar to Rose Bud today in a swap called Suzi Sells Sushi By the Seashore. It's a warmer/pinker (less cool/lilac) shade with shimmer of silver that is less visible and fun than Rose Bud's more prominent microglitter. I prefer Rose Bud at present!