October 25, 2014 | 1517 users online

Concealers - Smashbox - Camera Ready Full Coverage Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by cubbiejules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ive been using this concealer for quite some time now and I always seem to come back to it when I try something else. I like stick or pot concealers better than liquid tubes, I find they cover better. I like the small tube packaging and the consistency of the concealer. But I have to agree with lots of other Alley users...this is NOT a full coverage concealer. However, it is extremely buildable and layers nicely. I don't find that it falls into creases and lines, it stays put very well. However, if you have a nice big pimple on your face, it's hard to fully cover. How I apply it is directly onto the spot to conceal, and then use a "patting" motion with your ring finger instead of rubbing it in. I may do this a couple of times on the same spot before I reach the desired cover up. I think this works well, but it's not the heaviest of concealers. I've used about 4 tubes of this stuff, so it must have some good qualities!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by taromo

This concealer does not cover well at all. It's horrible at covering blemishes. It works slightly better for under eye circles but not much. It's just too sheer and does not provide good coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a thick heavy concealer that doesn't really cover up well. It's dry so it's difficult to blend out. Also it doesn't really cover up dark spots only fading it but you can still see the dark spots. It clings to the dry patches on skin even if you put lotion on your face. I use it as a eye primer and it does a good job with eyeshadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by ashleytreece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked up this concealer because it had a super light shade, which is really hard to find for my fair skin tone. The consistency is nice, but the coverage isn't quite what I was expecting as far as being "camera ready" and "full coverage". Its a bit sheer. When used under my eyes, its kind of dulling rather than brightening, but still improves my dark circles. On blemishes, it tends to apply well around the blemish but it doesn't quite cover the actual redness of the blemish itself.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by taranisa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this much at all.I had the lightest shade and I liked that the color was so light as I am very pale, but I have to echo the review that said it's got a sorta dry consistency, kind of tugs at undereye skin and is difficult to apply. I would also echo that yes, it is rather sheer. I have pretty clear skin most of the time, so my main concerns for concealing are usually the purple bags under my eyes, which are due in part to the fact I'm so pale, the skin there is translucent. This didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Saandes2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealer has been one of the rare brands that make one pale enough for me to use as a concealer.I love it the only problem is it does crease sometimes but other than that this gets 4 lippies just based on the fact that they went light enough for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this concealer for blemishes and redness. I put it on my fingertip and then blend it on my skin, it covers everything and does not budge at all. I think it'd be too heavy to use under my eyes, I like a more liquid-y concealer for that. The shade 3.0 is a perfect color match for me, it blends wonderfully with the rest of my makeup. When I blend it out, it doesn't feel heavy or cakey.
The only con is the price ($20 for one stick) but it lasts a long time since you don't need a lot. I bought one over the summer and am just now getting another one. I'll keep buying this for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by dellajaz24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very excited to try this out thinking that it would be really great coverage as it makes out,
sadly I was VERY dissapointed. tried it once and never again.No matter how I applied it, it was very very sheer and did not cover anything letalone my dark circles.
Very misleading concealer.
So back to my trusty old MAYBELLINE DREAM MATTE CONCEALER I went.. and trust me its sooo much better. covers so well its tempting to use it all over your face as a foundation :P

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by LDancer82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG concealer. It matches my very fair skin tone beautifully (I use the lightest shade) and blends well--as long as I use a primer underneath (my favorite is Smashbox's original clear primer, been using it for years). I consider this product to be a medium-full coverage concealer and use it every day under my pressed powder finish (CG's TruBlend Translucent Fair 1, or Revlon PhotoReady Powder in Fair). It goes seamlessly with either finish! Also, a little goes a long way. I have had the same tube since last Christmas, and although it looks tiny, I am just now running out! I rarely find a staple beauty product like concealer I love enough to buy again, and for me this is one of those rare gems.
I am sticking with THIS stick! ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I was happy to find a concealer that fit my tricky C7/NC40 skintone. I only use concealer for my dark circles and I have never used a stick concealer before. No matter what I did, this product was too sheer. It is extremely creamy and applies well in the delicate eye area but I really could not get the skin under my eyes to look glowy and bright. Layering this concealer gave a very cakey effect that made my skin look crepey. I think I just prefer liquid concealers.