April 18, 2014 | 1742 users online

Concealers - Smashbox - Photo Op Under Eye Brightener

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by roxygirl234

I pair this with Tarte concealer under my eyes! Love it. Helps brighten and stay out. I really like the dewy effect as it makes my skin look healthier.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Shae1

This isnt actually a concealer, therefore it doesnt crease anything, nor will it cover. It adds a bit of brightness, and makes you look bright eyed and bushy tailed. So just a little pick me up after a long night out.

If it is used correctly, then it is swell.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by heidimarien

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this up on a whim while shopping the other day. I have my fair share of highlighters and brighteners but I really loved the texture and consistency of this one. Alone it moisturizes and reflects light away from under the eye; then I popped some concealer over it and BAM! Beautiful coverage with a fantastic lightening property.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Cydni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Its watery & very opaque. When used under my eyes it did nothing to actually brighten or improve (my eyes are deeper set w/ slight darkness). I had high hopes since smashbox hardly ever disappoints & I've had great luck with other eye illuminaters in the past but sadly this one is prettier in the tube than on your face.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

meh
party pooper alert

ineffective in brightening my dark bags
save your moola for something else

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I'm on my second tube already so its very obvious that it works great on my medium/dark skintone. This is simply an undereye brightner and is not a concealer. I apply it over my correcter before I set it with powder. Or sometimes when I go without any foundation or bb cream I apply just along my orbital bone and it gives me a more refreshed look. A little goes a long way as it took me an entire year to finish off my first tube. Very happy with the results I receive.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by moggy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used Smashbox in the past and have always been impressed by their quality of cosmetics. This under eye brigthener however, did not deliver.
I bought it to diffuse my dark circles, I knew it wouldn't erradicate the problem, I wasn't expecting miracles but I thought that it would atleast brighten under my eyes if used in conjunction with my concealer. It did not.
The product comes in a 7.1ml plastic tube with a screw wand which has a smal brush attached at the end to apply the product. It's a very light sheer creamy illuminator - seems water based but I'm not sure if it is or not.
It has quite a sharp cosmetic scent for a light small product but it wasn't irritating for my eye area.
The colour is a very pale peachy pink with very fine silver glitter particles within the product, the glitter isn't instantly noticeable as the product has more of a sheen rather than sparkle. The product itself is sheer once blended, I wouldn't say it's buildable and one colour suits all.
I also found that after you open the product and have used it after a very short while you get build up around the wand which is dry and sticky, so i have to clean it before use which results in a lot of product waste. I personally didn't like the product and failed to use it for something else i.e as a highlighter for brow bone as it just does not deliver. It is now in the bin ;( I wouldn't recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by laapointe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did NOT like this product at all.. it is soooo watery ! It makes my under eyes shiny and the coverage is nonexistent... When i have dark circles, they're usually very light but this ''concealer'' can't even cover it, imagine what it would do on very dark circles.. I don't recommend this product to anyone and it is very expensive considering the results. Maybe you could use it as an highlighter but i did not try it and considering the watery texture, i'm not sure about the results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

This does a good job of brightening under my eyes. I often get dark circles so I use this before I apply concealer and it brightens the area and helps the concealer to work a lot better than if I was to use concealer alone. I have not used any other eye brightening product so im unable to compare this to anything else but I am very happy with this product and even though it's in a small tube it does last a long time as I don't need much. It can be layered and layered depending on how dark my circles are.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by calshopper

Love the texture of this and the way it brightens the undereye area without settling into any fine lines. It is definitely a brightener, not a concealer, so if you are looking for something heavy duty this is not the product for you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No