July 29, 2014 | 2076 users online

Cleansers - Cuticura Oil-Free Medicated Acne Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by andialwaysmeantxoit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Miracle product for bacne!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by ktb2780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Note: this review is for the blue (medicated) Cuticura bar

I have been having constant (sometimes painful) breakouts on both sides of my face and chin for 7 months (I'm 27 and my skin behaved through all of my early and mid-twenties, until last year!). I've tried countless products and suggestions to get rid of this continual problem - some suggested Ivory soap, an aspirin scrub/mask, Queen Helene Mint Julep, Burt's Bees blemish stick, etc. *Nothing* has worked. But, this Cuticura bar of soap (medicated with Triclocarban 1.5 %), seems to be keeping some acne at bay.

During the first week, using it 2X a day, it seems to have cleared up about 50% of the acne I've had continually for 7 months. I've had small flesh color bumps making the sides of my face icky looking, these would eventually turn into either regular acne/pimples or sometimes into cysts. Either way, after the flare up, I'd still be left with these flesh colored bumps that would flare up again. This has gotten rid of about half of these "bumps".

EDIT: About 3 weeks later - I still have some acne popping up, some was hormonal but some is who knows what! So, I guess this bar isn't helping as much as I thought... But the big breakouts are noticeably less (I find myself saying 'oh good only three new zits today instead of ten'!). I really think Cuticura has lessened some breakouts but it not a miracle product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2006 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

Pros:

+ oil free.
+ didn't break me out.
+ feels good.
+ has 2% sal.acid, along with vitamin e and aloe vera.
+ not expensive-about$7 CDN

Cons:
-didn't do much for my clogged pores.
-hard to find.
-have to purchase online.

Overall: I liked this cleanser, but after a while it didn't seem to do much. I think it would probably work better on pimples as opposed to clogged pores(This is only my experience, they are pretty stubborn, mostly due to stress). It does tingle nicely and didn't cause breakouts which I liked. The product was sitting there on the shelf for quite sometime, so that could also be the reason why it did not work. It's decent but I would no repurchase.