October 30, 2014 | 966 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Lash Primer Plus

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by lsyann

This primer stang my eyes, and left lashes rigid and straight with very little length or volume

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This isn't exactly what I consider a makeup essential, but if you want a boost in length, it does a good job of that. The key is to make sure when using this product that your lashes appear to have white tips as a result of the primer. The longer the white tips are, the longer your lashes will look when you go over the primer with mascara. You aren't going to get drama, but there is a noticeable difference.

Not so much with volume, though - it adds maybe a bit, but not much. If I try to use a thick layer for more effect, it seems to cause some minimal clumping in mascara that never clumped before, regardless of how long I let the primer set before applying said mascara.

This is the only lash primer I've tried, so I can't say if it's better or worse than any others. I'm impressed enough with the lash lengthening to give it a 4/5 on its own merits.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Disappointing overall. This lash primer does not add any volume and just a little bit of length, but it keeps my mascara in place. I wouldn't call this a bad product but it's not impressive. The main reason I use primer is for the added volume & drama- this just doesn't do it. I've tried lash primers by Clinique, Dior, Tarte, Hard Candy, Origins, Shiseido, Lancome, and now Estee. I think Lancome makes the best one by far. Wouldn't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by auttiegal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Honestly the only reason that I wear this product is for the primer. . . it's amazing. But, the actual mascara itself is lacking. I would rather wear my eight dollar Maybelline lash blast express. In fact, I've been using the primer and applying my regular mascara on top of it. I have really long eyelashes but they are light colored so I wear mascara to darken and to thicken my lashes. This does neither I have to apply a ton of it for people to see that I'm wearing mascara. A good note about this mascara is that it comes off really easily. Another bad note. . . one tear and its a mess. It is DEFINATELY not at all waterproof. So, try not to yawn and pray to G-d that nothing gets in your contact because if so. . .your going to have a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by kgill222

Been wearing this for years and I still love it. I've tried almost every lash primer out there and they can never compare to this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Received in swap. Brush gets too much product on it = gets gloopy. It does nicely lengthen my lashes prior to applying my mascara, I don't notice any additional thickening. Its OK, but I won't purchase = too $$ for not enough result.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by ametrine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually hate two step mascaras.. And i tend to always go back to lancome.. however, i had a cheap moment and got this for free as a gift so i tried it out for a couple of months (one end is this, other end is esteee lauder mascara).
i can honestly say after 2 months, my lashes look fuller and longer. just healthier overall.
i dont think it makes a huge difference as far as giving you more volume or whatnot but it definitely has something good in there thats working for me.. which is why im going to repurchase a full version.
good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I have short eye lashes so I need this to define my eyes a bit more. A little goes a long way and you can really notice the difference to your eyelashes. They look thicker and longer and it stays on all day. I got a sample after I had purchased some other things and I fell in love with it. I'm not a false lashes kinda girl and this gives me the natural look that I like and does a great job!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by chochonui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It makes ur lashes longer and fuller.
it washes off easily.
my fave primer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by beautyfirst1984

While all of my favorite mascaras are Clinique, I adore this Primer from Estee Lauder. I find the formula is smooth and glossy without making my lashes break of become brittle. I use this in layers with my High Impact and High Impact Extreme mascara from Clinique.

I feel that the brush that it comes with also dispenses the product evenly (a problem I had with the Clinique primer). I will go back to this again and again.