October 21, 2014 | 2008 users online

Lip Gloss - Everyday Minerals - Flavored Lip Gloss Pot

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A nice inexpensive lip gloss - I don't recall exactly (see my diary instead) - but I think I paid maybe $5 for a generous 4g pot of "soft mint" lip gloss. I think there were a few flavors to choose from, and mint seemed the safest. It's a nice, mellow mint, so I would select this flavor again. There is no color added, so - as other MUA'ers have already noted - you can mix in the minerals for the tint. I usually use it without color and more as a lip balm. The ingredients as listed on the product labeling are mango butter, olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter, and beeswax. (How wholesome!) It can be a little waxy (probably this quality makes it seem more like a lip balm), but I just use a brush or a q-tip to apply and it's fine. Lips are soft and slightly shiny, and - as others have noted - you will need to reapply fairly often.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by annoyed187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a really good tasting gloss, plus it is chemical free. It is a little hard to get a nice dark color after you mix it with some of the EM blushes. It's okay for everyday but for special occasions I would probably use a "real" lipstick (with all the yucky chemicals). I got the vanilla-something flavor. It is yummy!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2006 9:02:00 AM More reviews by maskotti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this as a lip balm but don`t have enough patience to mix it with the mineral colors to wear it as a colored lip-gloss... The Vanilla Nut smells awesome, doesn`t taste much but keeps my northern winter lips soft. I put some on before bedtime and lips feel pretty soft in the morning.
I`d love it more if it came in a tube- don`t really want to stick my dirty-work-fingers into the pot and to my lips... But I guess I`d re-purchase this on pot, anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2006 3:47:00 AM More reviews by TallGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Orange Citrus. The smell is fresh and not overbearing, but it doesn't taste like anything. I also would prefer this in a tube, because the texture is somewhat hard (it's been around 5 degrees in Sweden so...) and it can be a bit inconvenient, but the great thing about Everyday Minerals is that I can count on them to produce these in tube if we suggest so :) I like how it goes on shiny but not sticky at all, and feels more like a lip balm than a gloss. The lasting power is OK, but since it's so cheap and smells so nice I don't mind reapplying.

Ingredients: Mango butter, olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil, coconut butter, beeswax.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2006 9:11:00 AM More reviews by CMorneau1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the Vanilla Nut flavor of the new lip gloss pots EM has available. There are other flavors like Orange and Raspberry, too. I like this gloss, it comes in a little pot so you have to use your finger or a lip brush. I would prefer it in a tube, but maybe that will come sometime in the future. The gloss has a very nice feel, emollient and not sticky. It's made with all natural ingredients but does contain beeswax. The flavor/scent is very subtle and doesn't last for long. This will be nice to mix with the mineral lip colors or just to wear on it's own. I put it one before bed last night and my lips were nice and soft this morning.