October 20, 2014 | 1116 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avon - ANEW Clinical ThermaFirm

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by lltangeman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know what is in the product that did it but I opened the sealed package last night and applied it on my face and neck. I didn't do an allergy test on it since I've been using other Clinical products for years.

I had a severe allergic reaction to this product. I woke in the middle of the night with my face and neck itching so bad I couldn't sleep. The next morning my face was so swollen and red I couldn't stand it. I ended up at the Urgent Care clinic for a Benadryl and steroid shot.

If anyone has ANY ideas of what could have caused this please let me know. I called Avon directly this morning and unfortunately the young lady that answered couldn't speak English very well.

I missed a day of work and now I'm scared to try anything else since I don't know what is in the product that would have caused such a reaction.

Just be very cautious using this particular product from Avon. Everything else from the company I love, just not this!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by netmom1

I'm pretty sceptical when it comes to face cream claims but this one really does work. I'm almost done with my first jar and I've noticed a visible difference in my skin. It looks firmer and also nicely moisturized. It feels great on and absorbs really well. Doesn't break me out. I'm about to order another.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by missvioletpurple

My skin felt smooth and moisturized after a week of using it. Then after about 4 weeks into using it, my skin felt taut which I really didn't expect. Just like some reviewers, I felt a a little tingling sensation the first time I used it. But I figured that the trick to using this product is to let your skin dry and rest for a minute or two before applying the cream. Apply a thin layer and do not use it with other beauty products. Ensure that you will use a day cream with spf and avoid exposure to the sun otherwise your skin will be burned. I hated the glass packaging that's too heavy and it's hard to scoop out the product once it's almost empty.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by URT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After changing 3 things at the same time...New Chapter Every Woman's multivitamins, Avon Thermafirm cream and Quantum shampoo & conditioner, I broke out in the face and neck with the itching, dry & flaky, bumpy face and neck. This was mostly unbearable on the face. I decided to quit all 3 and getting healed after 3 weeks and Eucerin cream,

I figured that I had an allergic reaction to the vitamins and resumed the Avon Thermafirm cream. Within 3 days I started the itching symptoms again and stumbled across this site.

I now am figuring that there is a chemical or two in this cream that I am having an allergic reaction to. I passed the information along to my Avon rep. I also had a slight itching reaction to Avon mineral foundation, but not as severe, and gave that up as soon as I realized it. I don't have any issues with Avon body lotions and creams, but will definitely steer clear from this facial product and anything that is suposed to be anti-aging enhancing types.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I am really liking this product! I have been using it about every other day, not everyday as I feel like the skin needs a switch every now and then to get the best results from any product. I seem to build up a tolerance to any treatment regardless of kind or price.
I can see a huge difference in my overall appearance since using this product. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now. I find the deep wrinkles in my cheeks, around my nose area, and even on my chin are dramatically reduced! I do not think I have claimed this about any other product, and I have used a lot of them. I check my face out in the mirror now and I am pleased to report, I think this stuff works! I do switch like I said, but I have been using the other creams for months before this one, and I have nothing good to report about those. ;-) I will continue to use this as I have been and update if anything changes, but for now, I really love what I am seeing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

UPDATE: WOULD NOT CONSIDER DUE TO ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET 17/02/2012 At first this product was pretty good but after about 3 weeks, my face started to turn red. Almost tomato red. The same thing happened to some of my friends. Weird, because usualy if you have an allergic reaction it happens right away. I suppose it's good if your skin can stand it. Try not to buy it full price. Avon always has specials and promotions. Just be patient.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about two months now. I started after running out of my Chanel Ultra Correction Lift serum, and deciding there was no way I could justify the cost of continuing with the Chanel. As the Chanel had already improved the firmness of my skin I was not sure if I would be a good judge of the effectiveness of the ThermaFirm until some time had passed (unless there was a remarkable change one way or the other).

By the feel of my skin to my fingers, it is firmer than when using Chanel. If I tap my cheek, the skin has more "spring" to it than before. As far as how it looks, if anything it looks better, although not dramatically. I was particularly looking to firm the jawline and under my chin, and even though no miracles, it does have an effect.

I have not broken out from it, and I like the mild fragrance. After using this for a few weeks, I started using Anew Ultimate Elixir Premium (black bottle). The thing is, I was trying to cut back on skincare expense, and none of this is that cheap either, so lately I've been using the UEP at night, and the ThermaFirm in the day; instead of both of them day and night.

I don't get any thermal effect from it, but I am assuming the name is perhaps in reference to the Thermage procedure? ~ to infer that it gives similar results, just as other products will play off of Botox?

I find it frustrating that Avon is not forthcoming about which of their products can be used together, and if so, in what order. It took several emails for me to get someone to respond, that yes, the two I mentioned above can be used together. I guess I got spoiled being able to go to the cosmetic counter at Neiman's or Nordstrom and have a trained SA help me. Not the case with Avon.

I don't know how moisturizing this is, if you're dry, you too ably will want to use in conjunction with another moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by cajayhawk

I developed a major rash all over my face from this product. Returned it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by gandydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would have thrown this away if I hadn't tried it for something it's not intended for. When used as intended, it did nothing but make my face warm, even hot to the point of perspiring. Therma is the key word.

But unwilling to toss out a lot of money, I decided to try it in the hollow of my throat, where I'm just beginning to show signs of aging. I do see a difference after a few weeks and the "therm" is barely noticeable there. I apply it with an upward motion, since gravity needs no help from me.

I'm glad I found a use for this but I probably won't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by ppw16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice enough moisturiser, but nothing more, very disappointing!