October 24, 2014 | 1540 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Fig

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by papierflora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Beautiful MLBB neutral pink. Such a pretty colour that comes with a pretty price tag. However, there are quite a few cons to this lipstick:

(1) Absolutely horrible formulation. This lipstick applies smoothly and feels creamy but it dries out my lips?? Because of its creaminess, it is *extremely difficult* for it to have decent longevity on my lips. It lasts for only around 45 minutes, then it is gone! Tried blotting it then building light layers but does not work. Blotting it lightly removes quite a lot of product, ha.

(2) It makes my lips peel and feeling chapped as it wears off.

(3) It looks cheap on my lips because its texture is quite heavy. The lipstick kind of cakes up on my lips even with one swipe.

I will not buy NYX lipsticks again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a pale NC15 with warm undertones, dark brown eyes and blonde hair. This lippie has a lovely slick feel and creamy finish so it applies easily despite being a matte shade. Unfortunately that's where the pros end. The name Fig is misleading as this is a cool-toned pink that is one shade deeper than the classic Barbie pink. On my lips, the color just looks cheap, and I can't get it to look good, even after trying it in several application methods: sheered out with a gloss topper, straight from the bullet, applied with a lipbrush, and (in desperation) on top of a warm toned gloss. It's just too bubble-gummy for my skintone and coloring. It does work in a pinch as a blush because it blends beautifully, and sadly that is my only use for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Oliviabland

My favorite everyday shade. It's more of a neutral pink than a fig type shade. It is creamy and very pigmented. Love love love this!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ummimtrish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if this color is for pale girls like me, but I happen to really like the way this color looks on me. It is a really pretty rosey pink that looks very feminine and sophisticated. It's sort of bright, but I don't think it is too "in your face", so you could wear it to work or to school. At first I thought that it stayed on pretty well, but not as long as I would have liked... I wish that they made this color (and Doll) in their matte formula...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if NYX has changed the formula for their round lipsticks or not, but I just purchased Fig brand new and the shape of the lipstick as well as the scent/flavor of the lipstick is different from all other NYX Round Lipsticks I've tried.

The top of this lipstick is flat instead of concave. The scent/flavor is nearly absent. The lipstick is not as soft or as slippery as all the other NYX Round Lipsticks. Also, the sticker on the top of the tube was actually stuck flush to the tube! I usually have to move the stickers from the top of the cap to the bottom of the base because they never stick flush to the cap! I really hope this change in the formula is going to be made to all NYX Round Lipsticks, not just Fig!

All that said, this shade is a basic creamy pink. Not hot pink, and not pastel pink or baby pink, just, pink. It's still slightly slick on the lips, but wears like a cremesheen from MAC. Opaque but creamy. Blotted, it's still opaque but less slippery, and nearly matte. If you blot it, it will actually dry on the lips and remove the slippery feeling that these lipsticks are notorious for.

Fig is a shade of pink that will work if you want something that's close to Barbie pink but also safe to wear to work. It's a professional pink without being a MLBB shade. That said, I think other brands do this shade better. MAC Chatterbox comes to mind.

The most important thing about this lipstick is the change in the formula I mentioned above. I really hope all the NYX Round Lipsticks go from Extra Creamy and flavored like a dryer sheet to simply, Creamy and flavorless.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This color is really pretty bright pink but the lipstick itself is one of the worst I have ever tried. This goes to all NYX round lipsticks. The color is too slippery on the lips, it does not set nor does it look flattering because of that. Every single crease and imperfection becomes visible. I mush prefer NYX matte lipsticks which are excellent and cover and set beautifully on lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by vsuberc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just recently bought a bunch of NYC Round Lipsticks and Fig was one of them. In terms of color, it is pretty much identical to another NYX lipstick called Blush that was in the mix as well - actually, I cannot distinguish between the 2 at all when swatched on my hand. They are also described the same on the website - "Dark Neutral Pink". I'm not sure I would describe this color as a dark pink, but it is definitely neutral. I think the color is very wearable on my skintone (approx Mac NC 20, Nars Figi or Deauville, Urban Decay Naked 2.0) as a day shade or with heavy eye makeup for an evening out. Unlike some reviewers below, I do not find this color to be bold whatsoever, but then again I sport colors like Nars Shanghai Express and Schiap for a night out, so it's all relative......

I took 2 stars off because I absolutely hate the texture and smell of this lipstick. I'm used to high end lipsticks with adhesion power and satin/matte finishes. I feel like this one just leaves a layer of cream on your lips when you apply directly from tube. As such, I prefer to apply this lipstick with my finger - i.e. dab my finger on the tube then pat into the lips. It makes the lipstick look and feel more natural in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick looks terrible on me. It accentuates the lines in my lips. It looks chalky and just overall on flattering. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by bracelet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm very confused about this colour, and the frustrating thing that I hate about this lipstick is that the colour I see in flash pictures definitely does not match the colour I see in person!!

I swatched this at the store on my hand and thought this was such a pretty pink for my warm toned skin. When I brought it home and used it on my lips I hated it so much. It seemed like such a cheap colour and more orange than I thought.

I decided to try it out again today after Googling some pictures of other people and took some photos with flash. To my surprise, it was a very pretty salmon pink! I had nude lips underneath this time, so that is probably why the colour brought out so well in the photograph.

If the pretty salmon colour translated as well as it did in real life I would love this colour. I don't think I will be using Fig any time soon :(

edit: Ok, I think I was being too harsh with this shade, I was just disappointed it didn't work for me. If you like bright colours then you might like this. If you are shy about bright, loud colours maybe not!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by camilleFTW

my current favorite lipstick! a very lovely pink shade not to pink and not to light either, just perfectly wearable. it is creamy and so pigmented. only thing i do not like is without the lip pencil, it does not stay too long.