October 31, 2014 | 1349 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Revlon - Cushion-Grip Lash Curler

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by nn21pika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good, basic no-frills eyelash curler. I like that it doesn't have a spring, as that's what snapped on my last eyelash curler. I didn't think the rubber grips were necessary at first, but it does help in giving a better grip (it would totally suck if your fingers "slipped" while curling your lashes.. yeesh). The pad has even lasted me a while (others I've owned would've been "cut" into by now) and I still have a replacement pad. I haven't had to call in to request replacement pads yet, but I heard that Revlon sends those for free--you just need to call in to request them. So that's a winner in my book.

I think it's a great eyelash curler for this price point, but to be honest, I've never tried the pricier eyelash curlers, so I don't even know how those could be "better" for the purpose that this product serves. *shrug* It gets the job done. Thanks for reading!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I thought I'de try one more eyelash curler since Revlon messed around with the original no frills silver tone one I used for years!
This looks like such a contraption! The exposed spring and the noise it makes when I use it feels like a torture device.
The whole point is this...I didn't curl my lashes! Yah a bit, but still not a nice curl that lasts also, the back plate on this tends to remove the liner I have applied. It comes with a refill pad, blah, blah, blah. Stick a fork in me!...I'm off to Sephora to buy the Shiseido ...Wish me luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by gleekie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

best eyelash curler ive tried! i bought it when i was 12, a novice to the beauty world, buying my first eyelash curler. i dont remember the exact price, but i know it was dirt cheap. i can get all the way to the base of my eyelashes, gives a nice pretty curl that lasts all day. painless to use, because mine is 3 years old sometimes a corner eyelash gets stuck but it can be (relatively) easily extracted. again, thats because my curler is a little old and gone through a bit of wear and tear.
all in all; good solid lash curler.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by rojetor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this eyelash curler! It is only the second one I have tried, but I don't need to try any more as I have found my HG curler. The grip on the handle is a nice touch, and my eyelashes always curl with this! The curl stays for a long time, and it never crimps or damages my eyelashes. I spent $3.00 Canadian on it, yet I would spend a lot more!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First, let's get the bad news out of the way: though they look interchangeable, not all lash curlers are created equal (see my ELF review). The good news is, I've learned that you don't necessarily need a Shu Uemera budget to spare your fringe and your pain sensors. I'm about as Asian as a kilted bagpiper, but due to the specific shape of my eyes (narrow, fairly hooded--Lucy Liu meets Jennifer Lawrence), I often look to Asian girls for eye makeup advice, and a Thai-American acquaintance suggested I try this while I'm hitting up Ebay to bid on the (alleged) HG Shu contraption. So far, it's been an impressive ride. The spring mechanism seems random to the max, but it's nowhere near as bulky, unweildy or destructive as the Sally Hansen and ELF models. Rather, it's just big enough to capture all my lashes in a single squeeze, I've pinched myself a whopping one time (which was just me being a klutz), and I haven't lost a single lash. Best of all, it arranges my lashes in a soft, feathery upsweep rather than a 90-degree zigzag. Don't misunderstand, I plan to get my hands on the S.U. before year's end, but good old Revlon has made this a quest of curiosity rather than desperation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Azaelia11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I usually love Revlon products, but this eyelash curler just agitated me to no end. It kept pinching my eyelids sometimes if i wasn't careful. It was hard to keep clean cause i re-curl my eyelashes sometimes so my mascara sticks all over it and i found it kept getting gunky in the sides and even soaking it in hot water didn't help. They also don't sell the cushion pads for these separately, so you had to buy a whole new one because i bought other cushion pads, thinking they'd fit, yeah they don't. But i did like how i could curl my lashes from the base, instead of getting my eyelashes going all over the place.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by wish71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this curler, because it's not more curved and so fits my eyes better than others I've tried. That way the lashes on the outside of my eyes actually curl at the base and not near the tip.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Saranghae101

First of all, I have really stubborn asian eyes, so many curlers don't work for me. This one, it does the job, but but after a while it straightens again. Even though it doesn't have the effeft i want, it works pretty well, and the price is low.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an OK lash curler for me. Like many other reviewers, I had problems with it pinching my eyelid if I was not careful. And I had to go easy with it or end up with bizarrely bent eyelashes. But what really made me cranky was not being able to find replacement pads. So I had to discard this one and buy a whole new one - must be one of the many ways Revlon maximizes its profits. And no, I did not buy the same kind to replace this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by jesusfrkxpanda

This is for the gold one (since I believe there's a silver one too, which is a tad cheaper).

I got this a few years back when I first started wearing makeup. I have Asian eyes - half-double eyelid. For my eyes, curling the eyelashes can make so much of a difference. This is my only eyelash curler so I don't have anything to compare it to but it gets its job done. I can get really close to the roots of the eyelashes with it but sometimes if I'm not being careful, I will pinch my lid. Now, that hurts like a emef-er. haha.

Overall, for the price, it's pretty good!