Almay Almay Line Smoothing Powder

3.9

Talc, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Stearate, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Punica Granatum Extract, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (cucumber), Riboflavin, Erythrulose, Caffeine, Phenyltrimethicone, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI77163), Ultramarines (CI77007)

on 12/10/2012 1:05:00 PM

A little drying. Best if used right after moisturizing or applying foundation; if you wait, it does accentuate lines and hairs. Does feel weightless if your skin is moisturized, otherwise makes skin feel tight. May be good if you have a very oily face... I have gone through several compacts before finding another I preferred.

on 8/10/2012 6:36:00 PM

I have this powder in light/medium.

I use a big powder brush to apply this powder all over to set my foundation and add a little more coverage.

I really like this powder, it doesn't dry my skin out and leave it itchy and begging for moisturiser like most powders do.

Doesn't settle in my lines and my skin remains smooth looking.

The little application pad that comes with it is good for touch ups during the day but I prefer to use a brush.

Almay make excellent face powders, they are the only ones I can use on my very dry skin.

on 11/11/2011 11:34:00 AM

Absolute worst powder I have ever used. This does NOT smooth lines, it accentuates them ALOT, and I am only 28. It makes me look 35. The only thing it was good for was the pad that I could use to absorb oil on my nose. Even tiny amounts of powder would bring out those tiny hairs on the face, even on my nose!!! I didn't even know hair grows there. It's pretty much on par though with every other powder I've used from the drugstore. I've been using Palladio since, and I'll never look back. Almay was terrible, I don't know why it has such good reviews.

on 6/7/2011 3:51:00 PM

i tried this because of the high ratings and have discovered after years of using mineral make up it has actually been breaking me out NOT hormones and diet like i thought!!!! this powder made me itch from the getgo it has bismuth oxychloride which is in many mineral make ups as well and those would make me itch too...the lt/med on my aisan skin was a bit dark/orangey...try the truly lasting powder lt/med no itch... smooth light and noooo orange at all~ i really like this powder even coming from mineral make up it only looks powdery if u use too much just a light dusting over a dab of concealer produces a natural look for me

on 5/4/2011 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I never thought I would find a powder that out performs my dream matte but I finally did! In light this is a better colour match for my yellow/beige undertones than either the cream or sand versions of dream matte. It is finely milled and you only need a small amount to set your foundation to a healthy satin/matte finish which lasts longer. The packaging is standard for a drug store pressed powder and I like it better personally as it has no awkward swivel to deal with. It has the usual handy mirror and sponge for touch ups on the go. Fantastic job Almay!

on 1/27/2011 12:34:00 AM

I bought this about a year and a half ago, and when I first tried it out I really didn't like it too much. I used the puff that it came with, which applies unevenly and make my face look cakey!

I stuck this into my makeup drawer and let it sit there for a really long time until I took it out again three weeks ago when I couldn't find my Almay TLC Pressed Powder. Honestly, when I applied it with my Ecotools Retractable Kabuki, it makes my face completely flawless!

I have dry skin and usually powders cling and cake and look really mask-like, but none of that with this powder. I don't have a lot to cover, I need just a bit of coverage to even out my skin tone and set concealer. This powder is perfect for the job! The TLC powder has a tendency to look a bit .. well, powdery but the Line Smoothing powder just likes like skin, but a soft focus matte effect.

I absolutely ADORE, though I wish it came with a better puff.

on 6/3/2010 2:21:00 PM

this is the only foundation i use on my face - it is light but covering enough to smooth out my skin. it is a MUCH better product than the clear complexion pressed powder (yellow lid), which provided no coverage. you need to use a makeup brush to apply it though, don't use the pad they provide in the box. good product for the price.

This works fantastically over the Almay TLC foundation! It sets the liquid very nicely, and helps hydrate the dry skin of my cheeks, while keeping my T-zone nice and matte. I chucked the makeup pad it came with immediately. I just swirl a big, soft brush around on it and sweep it on. You can't even tell I'm wearing any makeup at all- in the best way possible! :)

on 11/3/2009 6:23:00 PM

This is a great powder for touchups.I have oily skin and need to retouch a lot and it never gets heavy or caked on.
And it works well with the Almay loose powder that I use to set my foundation (and travels much better)

on 8/20/2009 8:54:00 PM

I dont mind this powder, its the best I have found to date for a simple quick fix. I did find that the powder puff they include really wasnt useful and collected a lot of powder without putting it on the face. I use a normal make up sponge and it works better. I found that this powder is really good as a make up setting powder and smoother over the top of my foundation, and it does have quite a bit of staying power, but it didnt cover any of my blemishes and looked very powdery when i didnt use anything else with it.

Recommended for Normal Skin