December 21, 2014 | 1917 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Spiked Up

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by xkeepitugly

My natural hair is.... obnoxious. Curly, frizzy, dry, and just huge. In high school I had resigned to the fact that'd I'd never be able to wear my hair natural without it looking terrible, so I took to straightening it. This summer I had to go to camp and I couldn't take my straightener with me. This led to the Gel Hunt of 2012 (yes, it was monumental enough to deserve capital letters). After a couple of weeks worth of searching, I found this.

And in the bottle of this product were the answers to all of my prayers.

After washing my hair, I just apply this gel liberally from roots to ends, comb through it quickly to get rid of tangles, and scrunch. My hair looks tame and lovely the whole day. It's pretty crunchy to the touch, though, which sucks, but honestly, with the way my hair looks, it's totally worth it.

I'm just really glad this product exists. As much as I like my hair when it's straight, I've missed my curls. For the first time, because of this product, pretty hair is convenient. I am eternally grateful for that.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by hummingfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like most Got 2 be styling products but this one wasn't so great. It gave me a lot of unwanted volume and left my hair feeling like straw - dry, stuck together in clumps, and nearly impossible to comb through. This gel may be great for one-day wear on short spiky hairstyles but I wouldn't recommend it for use on long hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by kikihony

my mom uses this for about 2years, and she used more than 10 bottles of this. she just loves it to hold her curly hair. only thing that bothers her is the packaging. Too hard to squeeze! wish they had it in a tube instead of fancy bottle. other than that she loves it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by kstahler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have long wavy/curly hair that needs a lot of control to not frizz, and this is great gel, $5 for 8.5 ounces here in PA! Ulta coupon, here I come! I was afraid it would be too stiff, but it isn't. I do use my Jessicurl curl activator first, on wet hair in the shower, then this as a styling aid. I wish I could tell if it has alcohol, and it probably does or it would advertise that it does not, right? Great smell, just as another reviewer said, like pears, but it won't interfere with your perfume. I don't mind the bottle, which is soft, not hard, now. My bf uses expensive Bumble & Bumble products, and I will be getting him to try this to control his wild Russian locks. More wine for us, if we can save a bit of money on styling products once in a while, right? :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by chainedheart

My husband uses this to spike his hair, and it does an awesome job on it, I use it to tame down my curls and give them more definition which makes things amazing and they aren't crunchy and gross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a great find! I read the reviews for this and decided to check it out. I usually use ghd fat hair lotion, but it is pricey and I have to order it, so also inconvenient. This product works almost as well for about $6 at the drugstore. It gives some hold and is not sticky or crunchy at all. The only thing I don't love is the packaging, I prefer a pump for more control on how much comes out. Great, will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 11:18:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

Wow~! ♥

Don't ya just LOVE IT when you find an inexpensive beauty item... and it performs better than most higher priced ones? This cheap-little-hair- gel is just marvelous for my hair type! I have fine, color-treated, wavy hair, and Spiked-Up gives me great hold with good volume- and all with NO flaking or stickiness! Woo hoo! :o)

One of the first reviewers said it best when she wrote that you can use this alone and it works good; or, you can mix it with a bit of shine serum or texturizer and it amps the performance up a bit. I have mixed in a teeny bit (bead-sized) of Oscar Blandi's Silk Polishing Cream into a dollop of Spiked-Up... and it gave me the most amazing hair texture! It allowed my round brush to really grasp my hair while I was blow-drying, and it formed almost perfect, soft curls for me. Not crispy, crunchy, greasy-looking curls... but soft, voluminous curls that brushed out nicely and stayed voluminous all day for me. I didn't have to use any finishing products on my hair (after blowdrying) like I normally do... just a bit of hairspray and I was good to go! This made my hair look more amazing than any expensive gel ever could. I will buy this Got2Be Spiked-Up gel as long as they keep cranking it out... it's really THAT good! :o)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 9:24:00 AM More reviews by CatMc

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This gel left my hair a little stiff and sticky, although it did give me good volume. I prefer styling products where I can still run my fingers through my hair, but this is not one of them. I also don't like the bottle, the hard plastic makes it hard to squirt the gel out, so I would just take off the top. This is an OK styling gel--I'll use it up, but will probably not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2006 9:08:00 PM More reviews by broberta

I gotta agree with the previous poster. I have baby fine color treated hair and this stuff gives tons of volume and is not drying in the least bit. I have used it 3 times though so will keep you posted if it becomes drying. LOVE THIS STUFF!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2006 9:51:00 PM More reviews by atoosagurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down the BEST hair gel ever if you have hard to control curls or waves. Trust me, once you use this, you wont go back to ANYTHING! Also, not only does it work perfectly by itself, when you mix it with other things such as a shine serum, it softens the hold slightly, but does not alter performance. I could go on forever about this dtuff, but instead I am begging you to try it!