December 21, 2014 | 1395 users online

Cleansers - Anthony Logistics - Glycolic Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by pensativa

I am a woman who really loves this facial cleanser! I first received a deluxe sample of it from Sephora and had such good results from it that I had to buy the full-size as soon as I ran out!

I have combination skin that is prone to hormonal breakouts. For some reason, using this cleanser feels very soothing and really helps to prevent and treat breakouts. I think the Glycolic Acid in the product really makes a big difference. I think I've gotten used to products with exfoliating particles and/or foaming face washes, but this product has neither and it performs better than many harsher products that do! I think the combination of Glycolic Acid as a chemical exfoliator plus the Vitamin A and E make this really (and gently) effective.

This is a great cleanser to use with the Clarisonic Plus because it doesn't have exfoliating particles in it. The SA at Sephora told me that Anthony Logistics line was originally marketed to men but they've had such success with women that they dropped the "Logistics" part of the name.

The only downside of this product is that the bottle is made out of a hard plastic that makes it really difficult to squeeze out product. I usually turn the bottle upside down while closed to get the product to the top, then open it to squeeze out a tiny bit of product. If Anthony went back to the original soft plastic bottle, that would be perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I have used this cleanser and so has my husband. I like the scent a lot and the packaging is also good. As far as the product itself goes, it does the job fine. I think it is better for men's skin (especially with stubble) than for women's skin, but it is nice. I would not repurchase it because I was not wowwed by it, but it is still a decent product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by overtheavg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not much impressed.
I think is an average cleanser but the negative issue is it's overpriced.
I don't think it's good for oily skin, because its formulation is too creamy and in general you really need to use a cotton pad in order to remove it! You have to be sure to use enough water or tonic to remove it completely.
I have to add that is good also for sensitive skin, even if at first the essential oils maybe annoy you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by blissful2

My husband loves this cleanser. I bought the 32oz with the pump so it's convenient in the shower. It has a light citrus scent like all of the products have, for some reason makes me smile when I smell it. It really cleans his face well, without leaving his face dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by intelsana

The cleanser has a creamy texture and it does not foam. I really wanted to like it but it was too drying on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Disappointing overall. This is a lotion-type cleaner, no foaming or lathering. I did find it to be both gentle and effective, my face always felt clean when I used this. However, because it contains glycolic acid, I expected to see some additional skin improvement like smoother or brighter skin. I saw no change whatsoever, it was like using a basic cleanser. Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Katras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this cleanser! I was searching for a creamy cleanser that a) didn't have any silicones and b) could remove my (light) makeup and c) wasn't tested on animals. Found! Not only does it do all those things but it has the added benefits of containing glycolic acid and vitamins, helping to smooth out my skin while nourishing it, my skin doesn't feel dry or tight, just clean and smooth and so far no breakouts. Sure it's made for guys, but honestly, how would skin know that? Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by styleflavors

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am always searching for a cleanser that will reduce the look of my pores, remove oil and dirt, buff my skin, promote regeneration and remove uneven patches. I know, I sound greedy but this multi-purpose cleanser from Anthony Logistics will cleanse, buff and promote healing. With 4.9% Glycolic Acid; dead skin cells, fine lines and discolorations will be eased away with every wash. With extracts of aloe vera to moisturize and stimulate healing, vitamin A to soften and prevent degeneration of collagen, vitamin C to protect the skin while increasing elasticity, vitamin E to nourish the skin while improving moisture capacity and mandarin extracts to lessen scarring and marks and to tone skin.

It does what it says and it comes in a clean, handy bottle that won't look too out of place when you're on the road with your pals and if you find the cleanser being depleted at a faster than normal rate, you know who to look for!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Phantomsinger

Sex: Male
Age: 30 - 35
Skin Type: Combination to Oily
Length/Quantity of use: One Bottle

Price = 2 - I paid $20 CDN plus taxes for 8 fl oz (237mL) bottle. Available at Beauty Mark in Vancouver, Canada. The rating is derived from comparison among high end, name brand lines (e.g. Lancome, Clinique, Estee Lauder etc) which are above your everyday, drugstore brand (e.g. Neutrogena, Oil of Olay etc). Based on the comparison set, $20 is a fairly reasonable price for this type of cleanser.

Packaging Quality = 3 - The packaging, is simple, no frills and minimal. The cleanser is contained in an opaque whilte plastic bottle topped with a light gray cap. A light gray band around the bottle displays the brand, product name along with straight forward information regarding the cleanser such as the ingredients list. The bottle ensure no wasted product but I am not certain if it protects the antioxidants in the cleanser from light. I would have given the packaging a higher rating had it not leaked all over my luggage when I brought it on vacation. My experience is whenever the bottle is left in a position other than upright, which normally happen when you pack it into a toiletry bag, the product will ooze out and create waste and mess.

Overall Rating = 1 - The bottle states that the objective (for using the product) is to make your face squeak with cleanliness and the strategy is with aloe vera for soothing, glycolic acid to ease away fine lines, Vitamin A, C & E. This product line is clearly aimed towards men who appreciates the simplicity of a "all-in-one" type of cleanser. The cleanser has a pearly sheen and although it claims to be fragrance free, it does possess a light citrus scent from the fruit oils. If you are expecting a completely fragrance free product then you might want to look at other lines like Clinique. Glycolic acid is listed as the second ingredients for this cleanser. According to my research, the glycolic acid content of this product is around the 5 - 7 percent range, which, depending on the clinical studies you choose to believe, this may be too low to offer any noticeable improvement. Some studies suggest that in order for glycolic acid (AHA) to work, it should ideally be in the correct pH level AND around 10 - 12%. AHA should also be ideally included in a treatment serum or moisturizer, not in a cleanser that you wash away from your face. Kindly note that this cleanser only offers AHA, in the form of glycolic acid and NOT BHA. Therefore, despite the fact that this product is intended for "All Skin Types", it may not be as effective for oilier skin. Additionally, people with skin belonging to the oily, dry and sensitive ends of the spectrum might be wise to stay away from this product for it contains several fruit oils, namely Grapefruit and Mandarin Orange peel oil, several herbs and flower extracts which may irritate the skin. It also contains alcohol which may potentially dry out your skin even more so Dry Skin individuals are also out. My experience with this cleanser is that it leaves my skin oily to touch which exacerbate my already oily skin. I did not notice any exfoliation or improvement to my skin texture or tone. Since antioxidant serum and moisturizers are already part of my skin regimen, I am not able to review the antioxidant contents of this product but it is safe to say that it is probably in an insignificant amount based on its position in the ingredients list. For people with normal skin, however, this cleanser might be worth checking out.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Kandinsky

I've purchased this product about three times, and will continue to do so b/c it's the perfect cleanser for both my SO and myself. I bought this for my SO and he really loves it, and out of curiosity, I tried and also really enjoyed it. This is a non-foaming cleanser that has all kinds of great skin stuff in it - aloe, chamomile, glycolic acid, and retinyl palmite. I have combo skin and use a retinoid at night, and this is perfect for mornings (I use a cleansing oil at night) as it cleanses without drying and isn't very harsh. SO likes his b/c it keeps breakouts at bay. We always have two bottles of this on hand so we can each have our own! A winner!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No