October 31, 2014 | 1028 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Boots - Botanics Moisturizing Eye Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by mulligana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this just ok. I've repurchased just because I've tried so many others I didn't care for. Very similar in texture to Clinique's All About Eyes but has sparkly bits in it (not glitter!). Every once and awhile it burns a bit. Haven't noticed a big difference either way. The pot packaging is annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by CiLady

IT WORKS FOR ME!

Well, I don't know why but I have read too many negative comments about this product only on this website. Personally, It works really well on me!

I'm Asian, 21 years old. I don't have fine lines or puffy eyes. But I do have dark circles underneath my eyes (we all have it, don't we? :D). It's kinda large area so I gotta use concealer a lot and been trying many many products but they didn't do anything at all. I used to think I should give up and stick around with these concealer whenever I go out.

Since yesterday, I was wandering around Target and saw this little guy. The package looks really nice but the price was only around $12 dollars, and there was only one jar left on the stand so I took it. I simply thought I was going to buy this just to moisturize the area around my eyes before I go to bed. It's not heavy at all, super creamy and a little bit glittering. I felt really comfortable with it like I wanna put it on all the time when I'm home (or when I'm going to bed and have no makeup on).

And guess what? I never thought it's more than I have expected. I only used it for 2 days (twice a day) and my dark circle under the right eye completely gone! The other one still there so I think I would use this for a week more to see what happen. You might not believe me but it's true. OMG, I gotta say I love this product! It's like I've just spent more than a hundred to buy LANCÔME stuff - the only skincare brand that I believe in! You should try this girls! Honestly, all you have to do is just try to put these on around your eyes like three times a day. I know we all have different skin types so you gotta be patient too!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by 30oldbagbeauty

Not a good product for me. Maybe it's because I am sensitive to some ingredients. Not only that it stings my eyes, the day after application I get bumps (milia) under my eyes....Will definitely not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by whisper

INGREDIENTS [as printed exactly on the box]: Aqua (Water, Eau), Glycerin, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Cetyl alcohol, Dimethicone, Mica, Glyceryl stearate, Vitis vinifera (Grape, Raisin) seed oil, Panax ginseng root extract, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Potassium hydroxide, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Maltodextrin, Silica, Cl 77891 (Titanium dioxide, Dioxyde de titane).

I've just finished an entire jar of this eye cream last week. The little glass pot costs about $14 at Target, contains 25 ml (0.84 fl.oz.) and lasted me just shy of 3 months applying twice per day, AM & PM. I'm 28 yrs old and don't have any fine lines around my eyes yet (when I smile there are 'lines' at the outer corners, but they disappear completely when my face is relaxed). What I tend to look for in an eye cream is a product that will comfortably & effectively hydrate all day (or all night) long, be wearable under my makeup, and not cost me a small fortune. When I first opened the jar, I was really surprised at the texture. This is NOT a heavy cream, rather it's extremely light and fluffy – almost what I'd describe as whipped. There is no fragrance (no added scents that is; there is a 'natural' smell from the ingredients, which I find neutral/barely detectable). There is also a distinct opalescent sheen (due to the addition of mica); did not expect that, but personally it didn't bother me and actually made my under eye area look brightened and naturally highlighted, so it was fine (it's difficult to even notice it once the product is applied on skin, unless you get very close and look carefully). No, this eye cream did nothing special, but then again I wasn't expecting it to; for what I needed/wanted, it was satisfactory. And I did not experience the stinging or burning that many others seemed to have, but then again everyone's skin is so different. I'm a contact lens wearer, and I have semi-sensitive/reactive skin, and this product did not aggravate my skin in any manner whatsoever. It didn't feel sticky, and it absorbed wonderfully/sat very well (invisibly) under my concealer. I will say that I might like to buy this one again and designate it for daytime use only, because I quite like the light reflective properties and brightening effect (which is obviously unnecessary for overnight); however, I probably won't be repurchasing it in the near future, simply because I love to try new eye creams; I've just ordered the Devita Natural Reviatilzing Eye Lift Cream from Vitacost and the ingredients in that one look awesome, so be on the lookout in a few months' time for a review on that one ;-) Overall, in my opinion and experience, this eye cream is very lightweight, moisturizing, contains a couple of great antioxidants (grape seed oil, ginseng root extract), and it's affordable. I'm glad I tried this one – liked it, just didn't love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by ktwinks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hated this eye cream. I've tried a whole lot of high end and drugstore products, but this one is by far the worst. It is too light (gel texture), and isn't moisturizing. On top of that, it stings when I put it on my eye area. I want to finish using up the bottle, but not on my face. Maybe I'll use it on my legs since it has right reflecting particles that makes the cream sparkle.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ryoung001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. My concealer goes on so well with it and it isn't overwhelming. It isn't greasy and isn't perfumed like other products I've tried before.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by mickeyrdam

Finding an eye cream that has a nice texture, SPF and light reflecting properties, that reduces dark circles and puffiness, and works under a concealer is almost a mission impossible. And no, this eye-cream does not meet many of those criteria. However, I do like its texture. It definitely has a tingling sensation, but after I while you get used to it. It is still a bit puzzling to me why they made an eye-cream that must be rinsed off immediately if it gets into your eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by michyg

I like this eye cream, don't love it though, and it's only really good to use during the day. It's not very heavy so if you don't need LOTS of moisture this will be good. It had a kins of irredescence to it, some shimmers, but nothing too much and it doesn't show up under makeup. It didn't really burn, at first I found it a little bit of an odd feeling, but I haven't had it since the first time i've used it. It smells just fine (considering i'm super sensitive to smells this is good). The texture is definately odd and surprising. It's a very thin cream... almost liquidy in a way... hard to describe. Anyways, I don't mind it and I would buy it again if it was on sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by iamchristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW, I HATED this cream. I was excited to try it because of some of the good reviews here, especially since it was pretty cheap. Just like the reviewer below me said this stuff BURNS! When I got it i only put a small dot on my skin and it burned immediately so I quickly washed it off. When i woke up the next morning I had a dry patch of skin where I applied the cream! I'm going to return this and try the yes to carrots eye cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by linds1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It seems I am not alone with my review: IT BURNS! I had high hopes for this, but I put it on and it stung and burned like crazy - not what you would expect from an eye cream.

If you have sensitive skin STAY AWAY!