April 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Eye Shadow - Inglot - Freedom System Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by LittleArtist

I love these eyeshadows. The pigmentation is great, the colour selections are great and the overall look and feel of them are great. My friends bought me a palette for my birthday and it's been my go to ever since! The packaging is great and I love the magnetic lid! Compared to mac the size of the eyeshadows are huge and the prices great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I've come to the realization that if I had to purchase one brand of eyeshadow for the rest of my life, it would be Inglot. I own about three palettes and they are my most used, most reached for shadows out of my entire collection. I've hit major pan on three shadows, which says a lot.

The formulation is superb - mattes are insanely pigmented, creamy and blendable. Shines are gorgeously shimmery and smooth, double sparkles are unique and easy to work with. I could go on and on...

My biggest gripe is that these babies are hard to get your hands on since you have to order online or live in a city where there's an Inglot store. But with the interwebz these days, you can find a ton o' swatches and reviews to find which shades would best suit you.

In short - I'm head over heels!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by toomuchmakeupxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think these are really great for the price point! They honestly deliver really well. Personally, I still prefer MAC, but these are up there in quality! I took off one lippie because they're hard to get out of the palette. Next time I'll probably use a z palette!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Years ago I bought the 2-pan powder freedom system palette along with 2 of Inglot's powders. I don't use this anymore but I thought I would add my opinion specifically for this one because there's not many reviews.

I love how the lid is somewhat clear with the brand name printed as I can see what I am grabbing exactly. The magnets are VERY strong which is great for durability but when snapping shut at times I have got my finger caught and boy let me tell you, IT HURTS! But, if you're not clumsy like I am it is a great feature as it won't be sliding open when you don't want it to.

Inglot is a bit more expensive here in Australia but yet it is less expensive than most department store mid-high end brands so it is somewhat decently priced. I think the 2-pan powder palette is great for a makeup artist needing different shades to suit their clients and that are slim and stackable for storage. But I also think its great for those who like to use a powder that matches their skin as well a darker shade for bronzing/contouring in the one palette, or even a paler shade for setting highlighted areas. If thats something you're interested in, I would recommend this system as well as Inglot's pressed powders.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by mochadolli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased a ten pan palette and while I love the packaging I can't say that I am completely sold on Inglot. What I do like about the shadows is the size and the price also when used with primer they do last all day. I think the packaging is great because you can actually see the shadows without having to open the pan. I totally agree with other reviewers that their formula is very close to MAC. However, if you are looking for creamy easy to blend shadows like urban decay and too faced you will be disappointed if you purchase Inglot. I guess I just expected these shadows to have a nicer texture. I think for the price point there are better other better shadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

My cousin bought these eyeshadows for me as a little present and I'm so glad she did! I'm from Vancouver Canada and we don't have inglot stores anywhere near my city :( so when I finally got to try this product I'm so hooked!
The colour payoff is worth it and they're also very vibrant! I love my MAC eyeshadows and this brand is definitely in the running as my HG eyeshadow. I wish they will open a store near my city or the USA Online store will start shipping to Canada ... I want to buy more!
I don't know how much my cousin paid for these but I hope she didn't spend too much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was lucky enough to be close to an Inglot counter the other day, and practically drooled when I saw the incredible range of e/s. The idea behind the Freedom System is great--choose how many shadows/blushes you want, pick your shades, and voila, you have a custom palette built from hundreds of shadows. The combinations and possibilities are endless (unless you're better at statistics than I am, in which you can calculate the actual number). :)

I stuck with e/s for my palette, and the range of colors and textures available rivals MAC's. Do you want a 10-pan palette of blue shadows? You can do that! Have you been lemming 20 shades of brown and pink? You can do that too! I made a neutral 10-pan palette with one or two funky shades thrown in for a little fun.

For $6 each, the shadows are high-quality. They're super-pigmented, and I haven't tried one yet that wasn't buttery and blendable. These are up there with some of my HE shadows.

The only thing I'd change is the palette itself. The magnets that hold the shadows in place are strong. Really strong. It's not easy to switch pans around. I tried using the top cover and its magnets to lift pans out of the palette, but haven't had success. I'm going to try an industrial-strength magnet from a hardware store next, but I'm worried about smashing the pans in the process. I'm kicking myself for not writing down the shade numbers before I put the pans in the palette. .

Overall, I'd recommend this if you like to play with color and want good quality shadows at reasonable prices. There's no Inglot counter near me (I live in the Washington DC area), which is probably a good thing for my wallet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The palettes: I like how they look, very sleek. I like how solid and heavy they are. They really protect the eyeshadows and I would feel perfectly safe traveling with it. I like how well they stay in. I don't like how difficult it is to open the lid and one corner of the lid accidentally removes a corner eyeshadow pretty easily (and yet I can't do it on purpose). I don't like how hard it is to remove/rearrange eye shadows; I use an eyeglass screwdriver and wedge it in a corner to remove each eyeshadow. At the end of the day, I actually would go with a z-palette. It's so much easier to use. The eye shadows stick as is to the palette. You can fit 18 in a large palette.

The eye shadows: Overall some of the mattes are a little dry and powdery and you have to work with them a little to get good color payoff. Some are amazing. If you press the brush into the shadow and wiggle just a little to work color into the brush and press onto your lid you get less fall out. My other complaint is that there are very few warm browns and they really aren't very warm. The pearls are smoother and less dry. The AMC shine can be a little dry too and have some glitter fallout but using that same pressing technique they work well. Overall, I still love my MAC, especially warm browns like Saddle, Bamboo, Soft Brown, and Texture. But these are okay and considering the price they are worth trying. The pearls are definitely the best and the closest MAC quality. My personal favorites are: 373, 324, 46, 397, 344, 358, 402, 31, 420, 454, 399, 327, 361, 347, 355, 337, 357, 487. FYI: I own 48 inglot shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Henab

Love the colours. Got two palettes, my favourite are the ones with shimmer. I would have given 5 lippies but would have like more staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by romarin

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Inglot square eyeshadow palette. I went to Macy's at Watertower Place in Chicago yesterday, intending to buy a double palette, and there were so many great colors that I couldn't resist buying a quad instead. I knew from the git-go that I wanted a supposed dupe for Mac Satin Taupe, which would be Inglot #402. So I bought that, as well as # 351, a dark matte, cool brown. I also bought #326, a creamy off-white, and 233, a matte yellow. I use the yellow on my lid, to bring out the blue in my eyes. The 326 I use as a highlighter. The other two go in the crease, the darker one at the outer edge.

WHAT A GREAT SYSTEM! Such colors! Good formulations, and good price! The palette itself is very sturdy and modern looking, but am having to figure out a good way to "open" it, as the magnets are very strong. (Which is a good thing if you are carrying it in your bag.)

I am VERY impressed with this system, and hope it becomes more available in store, as their website is very, very hard to figure out. Wish I could post a pic with this: How does one do that?

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No