October 22, 2014 | 2051 users online

Lip Treatments - Labello - Lip Effect Q10 Lip Plumper

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 7:00:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't think this is available in Canada anymore, so I had to order it off of ebay. I also think that Nivea Q10 Lip effect is the same thing as this product. I guess Nivea owns Labello . Anyways, I have been using this product for about a month now and my lips have never looked better. My lips are soft and supple. I really like the consistency of this lip balm. It almost feels like a lotion to me. It does leave a beautiful pale pearl shine to your lips but not in a make up way, just gives your lips a dewy beautiful look. The thing I like about this lip balm is that it seems to sink into your lips and leave them soft and supple. A lot of lip balms just wear off. This isn't waxy or sticky. I have tried tons and tons and tons of lip balms and this just feels nice on. It doesn't feel caked on or heavy whatsoever. I usually put this on before I go to bed and its still on in the morning. For the plump effect this is suppose to give I think it just really moisturizes your lips to give you that full effect. I have noticed my lips are a little more plump because they are so pampered lately!! I really like this lip balm and will continue to use this. I'm so glad I came across this!:D

Update: I have been using this for a month now or more and I just love it. It makes a huge difference in my lips. I think this is my HG balm!:D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by mecki

Wow, yup the previous reviewers have pretty much said everything about this product. I agree 100% with their reviews. I can say that this is really the best lip moisturizer... it even outshines my holy grail ChapStick. It truely moisturizes and actually hyrates deep into the skin, unlike most balms that do nothing but leave a glossy shine on top of my lips. I have a lot of the regular Labellos and they are nothing near as moisturizing as the Lip Effect Q10. I was hesitant to buy it because I thought it would be like usual lipgloss, but it cost less than $1 so I thought- whatever I'll just add this cute tube to my Labello collex. I bought it on sale for $0.74, regularly priced at $3.99. YES, I'm buying this again and again!! I don't need ChapStick anymore...

Please give this a try, I'll guarantee you that you won't turn back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 7:01:00 AM More reviews by danai

The previous reviewer pretty much said it all; this really is a product that does the job. I have almost every Labello formula that is there to be had lying around so I didn't really need this, but it was half the original price, so of course I had to try it. Except for moisturising, this is also supposed to even out lips, plump them a bit and provide a smooth lippie base.
Once applied, it does feel very good on; it is creamy but silky and absolutely non-sticky. As far as I can see, it doesn't provide much shine, but that really isn't the objective here anyway. It does give a subtle sheen and feels like a protective layer on the lips. Surprisingly, it also survives there more that any balm I have tried; usually most of it is still there after moderate amounts of food and drink.
I also use it as an overnight treatment, meaning I slather a fairly large amount on my lips before I go to bed. The next day I wake up to really soft lips which also appear smoother and evened out. That is more than any lip balm has achieved for me so far. As for the plumping effect, it's barely noticeable but it is there; maybe it's the smoothing effect of the product that makes lips look plumper.
Last but not least I have attempted to use it as a lippie base too, but this will only work if you apply as little as possible, otherwise the lippie just won't go on evenly. When I go for drying lippies, I try no to skip it though.
As for the packaging and price, they're both fine; simple hygienic tube, more than reasonably priced.
Now the only downside is, you have to avoid getting this past your lips, because it really tastes parfumey and bitter. Happened to me once and I'm very careful since, because the taste just wouldn't go away.
All in all, this not only moisturised my lips perfectly (and the weather's been rather harsh here lately), but also made them look a little better. This one is a keeper and I'll most probably repurchase.
*UPDATE* These last few days I'd been licking, biting and rubbing my lips all the time because of bad stress and as a result, they ended up chapped and flaky. A thick layer of this managed to heal them completely and make them velvety soft in one afternoon, so this gets the fifth lippie.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2006 11:48:00 AM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This may be one of the perks of living in "Labello Country" - Germany, where all the labello products come out on the shelves, even the most bizarre ones. I saw this product on the shelf in the drugstore today and picked it up mainly out of curiousity, although I was looking for a new lip balm. It's a squeeze tube product, on the package it says "Reduces small lines and gives the lips more volume". I don't need any help in the lip size department, but I thought to myself "why the hell not?" It only cost about a euro and a half more than normal. On the back of the package it seems to be explain that it's geared towards the older market as an anti-aging product, "restores full and youthful looking lips, especially suitable as a lipstick base.". Other than the standard ingredients you'd find in a lip balm, it also has Soy extracts and something called "Q10 Co-enzyme" which is supposed to be the active ingredient. Hmm. I got home, popped it out of the package and tried it on. The first thing I noticed was the very slight shimmer - very nice, micro-sized rose colored shimmer particles that really looked nice on the lips. The second thing I noticed was the taste - eaurgh! I was horrible! Lip balms should never taste bad, but this tastes like it has pepper in it. The taste dissipated slightly, although not entirely, in about 10 minutes. This in itself is something rather interesting because lip balms never stay as long as 10 minutes on me to begin with, especially not after a cup of coffee and a cigarette. I went over the the bathroom to look at my lips and lo and behold, the lines in my lips were vastly reduced and my lips were fuller than before. It wasn't a sensational change, which is good enough for me since fish-lips aren't my thing. But they really were fuller - wow! I was not expecting this from a 4eu product, and was a little sceptical since the product didn't seem to have any of the irritants other lip-plumpers have (hence no tingling sensation). Later on I attempted to use this as a lipstick base, unfortunately the thick consistancy (even with a thin coat) is for me entirely unsuitable with lipsticks. It turns my lipsticks into goo. I'd rather slab the balm on, wait 10 minutes and take it off prior to applying lipstick. This is a good product, I don't know if it lives up to the other $50 lip plumpers on the market since I haven't tried them, but this is serious bang for the buck. I will repurchase this again, the effects it delivers outweigh it's horrible taste (which I am bumping a lippy off for). If you're curious about lip plumping, try it if it's being sold in your area. It's cheap enough for experimentation.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No