October 23, 2014 | 1530 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I typically wear NC45 at MAC, but I have Select Cover-Up in NC42 because I don't use it to conceal imperfections. I use this as a replacement for brightening around my eyes, lightening under my eyes, & to make my cheekbones look better. It's obviously way too light to clean up after I fill in my eyebrows. The reason I don't use this concealer to, you know, conceal is because my blemishes & oily skin need something thicker & with a fuller coverage. For those of you who use Pro Longwear Concealer, this is noticeably thinner than that—it's borderline watery. I do like the tube & think it's awesome not only because it's sanitary, but because I can control how much product I use. It's all right, but I won't go out of my way to buy a second tube. It costs $19 for a 10 10 ml / 0.33 oz tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by justjennieereviewingg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer. I have a lot of dark acne scars and i feel like this always helps cover them up more than any other concealer i have used . the only con i would have to say is it makes me a bit oily if i use it under my foundation but if i use it over it sets perfect for hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by KrystineVu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first review ever on Makeupalley though Ive been through soooo many skincare and makeup products. I chose this to review first cos I have to say I ADORE THIS CONCEALER! Why?
- It covers my acnes and acne scars perfectly.
- It looks natural like hell.
- It feels soo light on my face, I even feel like wearing no concealer at all!
However, it does have weakness. I tried using this to cover my dark circles, but the product did settle in fine lines. Its not a big deal actually, cos this one is not designed for using under the eyes. STILL 5 LIPPIES!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to concealer when my pro longwear concealer doesn't cover enough, this will hide any darkness you have going on under the eyes. When I use this on my own I can get away with wearing it without moisturizing my skin before applying. It looks perfect yet natural, definitely one of my HGs.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by KBennettxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is perfect for under my eyes, I love it. But it doesn't blend right sometimes and it's quite obvious I'm wearing concealer on my spots sometimes when I'm wearing foundation. But it is a good quality concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
medium to full coverage
easy to blend
natural matte finish
lots of product
thinner TEXTURE(not coverage), feels light on skin
doesn't exaggerate flaws
suitable for slightly drier to regular to oily skin, including breakout prone skin with no prep
packaging doesn't waste product
minimal risk of creasing
doesn't look like makeup
long wearing
fragrance free
easy to build up
no pore cloggers/thick emollients

Cons:
drier skin and` moderately to very oily skin will still need prepping
on drier areas, like under eyes, you will need to blend more and maybe moisturize more if you want to build coverage, because it does settle into lines a bit if you want to add more product
limited shade range, no shades for fair skin or very deep skin, needs more in between shades
NC35 is a bit too peachy for olive skintones and NC42 is a large shade jump

Neutrals:
price, pretty medium, USD$18.00
no SPF
you may have an unhealthy fear of some ingredients because a beauty blogger(not a biochemist) told you, and that(or any [true] ingredient allergies) is at your discretion
may not like the liquid texture
ingredients will not harm skin, nor will they add any benefit

I have the shade NC35, I would have liked an NC40 or some color correcting shades so I could mix, but these shades are nonexistent. NC35 is too peachy. I would have made the shade jump to NC42, but the MAC "artist" was arguing with me. If you use the Studio Finish concealer in NC35, this is much lighter and not as yellow. The texture also doesn't have those thick pore-clogging emollients and this is much less cakey. It's not full coverage at first swipe but definitely buildable to full(not moderate) coverage. Since this shade is slightly peachier, it makes my under eyes look more ashy(I need a yellow neutralizer for my red purple undereyes), but it doesn't enhance redness. If you have severe discoloration, I recommend that you color correct that first (though you should always do that) and that'll help application and you won't need to use as much concealer(as opposed to using a grease paint type product like MAC Studio Fix). It didn't catch on my dry areas and absorbed some oil. My skin looked smoother with it on. The texture is very pleasant to work with and a little goes a long way. If you're deciding between MAC concealers, this is the only one I can recommend to suit most skin types that won't make skin worse. However, it would be nice if MAC had more shades.

By the way, a thicker texture only means more coverage if it were a more dated formula. This thinner texture still gives very good coverage and won't clog pores and makes skin look better, not like you put vaguely skin colored clown makeup. It's easy to build and also sheer out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

I quite like this concealer, although I'm not sure if I will buy it again. It is similar to the Maybelline FitMe concealer I use a lot, which is what I was looking for in a way. I just wanted a yellow-er version that I could use instead of a foundation, just on trouble spots. And it does work well for that. It's thin but slightly buildable. The shade match isn't great... they don't have NC25 in it so I had to go with NC30 and I'm not tan enough for it yet. However I think this will be my go-to in the summer when I want a natural look (which is what I usually go for in the summer).
I also prefer the packaging 100% better than the Maybelline. Maybelline is a wand (germ city) and this is a fantastic squeeze tube. You only get what you need out, which is perfect. I've used this a lot and haven't used much of it up, which is also great. I don't mind spending the $16 CAD (rough estimate, may have been slightly more), but if you're on a budget try the Maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've repurchased Select Cover-Up numerous times over the past 10 years. I usually go through a tube and have the urge to try something else, but I always go back. It has a natural finish, doesn't dry out my under eye area, and covers dark circles well It's suitable for concealing blemishes too, and it doesn't cause breakouts. Love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I've stop purchasing this. This was my go to concealer before and I've bought at least 5 tubes of this. The finish is so natural I love it. I also love it over MAC studio finish concealer for full coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly use to love this product , this was the very first concealer i ever used , i used it for a year straight . to cover my redness , conceal my eyebrows and under my eyes . The pros about this product its very easy to blend goes on smooth and its nice and liquidy .
The cons about this product is . its def not water resistant i started to notice when i wore this in the snow after 1hr - 40mins of applying, it would wear off and become a little blotchy especially if you touch your face , and i also occasionally have watery eyes when its cold, so whenever a tear dropped down my face you would see my tear go down my face & print in the concealer right under my eye .
It doesn't cover dark circles well ( for those who don't get enough sleep ) but it does cover redness pretty good . as i got older and tried different concealers and became more advanced with my makeup this concealer to me now is OKAY nothing special a simple light concealer with some coverage . i wouldn't really repurchase this and i would recommend it for beginners or anyone that just wanna cover up some redness .