April 19, 2014 | 872 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly use to love this product , this was the very first concealer i ever used , i used it for a year straight . to cover my redness , conceal my eyebrows and under my eyes . The pros about this product its very easy to blend goes on smooth and its nice and liquidy . the cons about this product is . its def not water resistant i started to notice when i wore this in the snow after 1hr or 40mins of applying, it would wear off and become a little blotchy . and i also occasionally have watery eyes when its cold, so whenever a tear dropped down my face you would see the line go down my face from the tear, it would be printed in my under makeup , and it doesn't cover dark circles well ( for those who don't get enough sleep ) but it does cover redness pretty good . as i got older and tried different concealers and became more advanced with my makeup this concealer to me now is OKAY nothing special a simple light concealer with some coverage . i wouldn't really repurchase this and i would recommend it for beginners that just wanna cover up some redness .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

I love this concealer because it generally works well for the under eye area and any spots on the face! I use NC 30. I'd say this concealer is actually a build-able medium coverage, and I normally only use FULL coverage concealers. It's definitely not enough to conceal my DEEP under eye circles, however, it provides a brightening effect and some what makes up for lack of coverage, considering I am very used to full coverage under the eyes. Also, there is minimal creasing when I use it under my eyes. Most of my acne scars are concealed nicely with 2 layers, and it never really looks cakey. The staying power isn't bad with proper prep and finish. It pretty much lasts through my whole school or work day with little fading. I don't see it holding up during the summer months though. So for 3/4 of the year, this is a great everyday concealer. In the summer I would use the Prolong wear concealer. I recommend Select Cover up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by JKSinclair1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used the NC15 color and MAC discontinued it a couple years ago! I need to find more if anyone has any!! It's my favorite concealer that I use EVERYDAY! Ive tried to find another product to use but none of them are as good or match my skin tone. I'm pale, I get it! Not many people have fair skin like i do but all the make up brands keep discontinuing their products in my colors! wtf! It's really unfair. But for anyone who's thinking about getting the select cover up, I highly reccomend it! It's the best stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

This concealer is nice and fluid, and NW15 is actually, surprisingly, a perfect match for my super-fair skin. This isn't full coverage or thick enough for blemishes, but for under eye and scars, it works well. Easy to blend with brushes or fingers. The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase is because there's a drugstore concealer I found that works just as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sister gave this to me because she didn't like the coverage it gave her for her face. I, however, find this amazing for under the eyes.

The packaging is really nice. It comes in a squeeze tube. I only need a small amount, about the size of a grain of rice, to cover my under eyes. I use the shade NW15.

This gives sheer coverage, but I find it to be buildable. First, I cover my entire under eye area and blend out using the Sigma P86 brush. Then I put a sheer layer just over my dark circles. I find that it covers them when I layer the product.

It has a very sticky consistency once blended out. I do find that it dries down, but I do feel the need to set this with powder. But even when I don't set it, it doesn't move around. I never find this to cake up, settle into lines, or break up throughout the day. It leaves a "natural" finish. It leaves me luminosity under my eyes, just where I want it to.

I also like to use this product around my mouth to clean up lip lines. Since it isn't thick, it doesn't look cakey around my lips.

I'm glad that my sister gave this to me. I really like it, but I don't think that I would have bought otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by NICOLESINGH1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use nc45 foundation but i have really dark acne scars and most of the time they still peak through the foundation. I was told to use concelar in nw40 on the spots after foundation. Its pretty good. Helps me stop caking on foundation over the spots. I like this concelar bcz it coverage is really good and does nt cake up. Also i use it around my mouth. Sometime wen i dnt feel lyk usin foundation i jus put the concelar on my spots and use a lil bit of powder. Flawless! Pretty good under the eyes too. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer is great. I have NW15 (light warm based). I use it for brightening and highlighting. It has no light relfecting particles so its nice and natural. I am super pale so right now I even conceal redness and spots with it in the NC15 shade (light cool based). It's creamy, light and dries well under the eyes and on the skin. I must say though, if you have super dry skin and a dry eye area that you should always properly prep your skin. A good canvas is important to this concealer. I personally don't find it creasy, cakey or drying. It blends in seamlessly. It's natural looking but you can certainly build it up.

I'm not sure what I'd comapre this to. Possibly Pro Longwear without the intense staying power. The texture is the same but the Prolong wear sets where as the Select Cover Up requires setting. If you need it. I find on me it dries great. I think what sets this apart from other conealers in my opinion is the fact it applies and blends better than anything I have tried. It just melts in my skin. I don't have problems with it fading. I probably would mix this with prolong wear in the summer to give it more staying power. I always apply my under eye concealer on moisturized clean skin first, and the proceed with foundation and then spot conceal what I need.

I find the packaging to be great. It's a squeeze tube so you won't be wasting your money. ($22CAD) You get 10mls. Truthfully that's nothing for a liquid texture product but on the plus side you don't need a ton.

I haven't had reactions or breakouts. I will repurchase this. I think it's definetly worth it to give it a go. I don't recommend online purchasing for MAC foundation or concealer. It is important to go in to the store unless you know exactly what you need. The NC line is super yellow in some products and the warms sometimes to dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the shade NW25.

Packaging:
I like that this is in a squeeze tube because it's more hygienic than their other concealer.

Price:
This is definitely pricier than your average concealer, but obviously not as high as some other high end concealers get.

Texture:
Creamy but very light.

Smell:
None

Pros:
-Very light– can definitely be built up or used for light concealing
-With that being said, it can even be used under the eyes
-A little goes a long way!

Cons:
-Pricey
-Not that great of staying power

Comments/impressions:
Like I said, this is good for light concealing. It's also better if you're looking to use it for a quick event. I definitely wouldn't recumbent it for an all-day thing. I personally used it for my under eyes but like every other product in the world that I tried, it ended up creasing! I'm not mad about it though lol. I kind of expect it out of anything that comes near my eyes. Anyways, you can also use this to spot conceal but I think that the other MAC Concealers are better for that. I would recommend this product if you want to use it for your undereyes or for very slight blemishes you want to hide.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by ksidrah

Packaging is ok. Can't complain about the price because it was a gift. But the concealer? Total crap. I absolutely hate it. The person who have it to me have it in the right shade I guess (since concealer is usually supposed to be brighter than your skintione) when I used it and tried blending it, it wouldn't blend and definitely did not look natural. So I don't even bother using it unless I have a terrible blemish and no hope at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by immiaaxo

Expensive, covers okay you have to layer on to really get it to work. Kind of cakey sometimes and dosn't last, the fit me concealer is a lot better. Maybe rep.