February 1, 2015 | 1087 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2015 8:24:00 PM More reviews by ghostlypale

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Concealer is a real pain. Without it, I might as well skip eye makeup altogether, the darkness in the inner corners detracts that badly. And because people look actually pretty closely at your eyes, mistakes are noticeable. Concealer has to be pretty perfect to do its job without calling any attention to itself. MAC's Select Cover is really, really good, but not quite the one. It is phenomenal that they offer such a range of shades--MAC takes makeup seriously--and the texture and the staying power are excellent. But it dries in place very quickly, and if I use even a smidge too much or the skin is a little dry, it turns cakey on me, usually after a few hours have gone by and it is too late to do anything about it. When it is time to throw it away I will probably try something else. I have loved YSL Touche Eclat #2 in the past, but the price seems even more ridiculous. Select Cover is so reasonably priced in comparison, and I've barely made a dent in the tube in several months. All in all, worth a try in case it is the perfect fit for you. I've got to keep looking.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2015 5:55:00 PM More reviews by tildabauer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, i don't like this concealer because i can't see the point of it. It's not very high in coverage, on me it creases as a under eye concealer, and it doesn't cover blemishes that well.. I quickly replaced this with the Mac pro longwear concealer wich i feel like does the job many times better. There are cheaper options out there that does the same thing, so i would probably not recommend it.

Pros
-Portable, unsensitive packaging
-Easy to control the amount of product you want from the tube

Cons
-Low in coverage
-Creases
-Cheaper options that does the same

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by alleksamusic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this concealer after I run out of my L'oreal one, which was already too light for me as I got suntan now. I love the texture and the way it looks on the delicate skin around my eyes. This product will work for ladies who want to brighten the area under eyes just a bit without a heavy camouflage. Before using mac concealer I put cream or gel around my eyes to moisturise the skin. Would buy again, but probably also will look for something which would have an SPF protection and nourish a delicate skin under my eyes at the same time if this product exists.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Neyaat

I love this concealer! It's medium coverage and looks very natural, but still covers tho. I have it in NW40 and use for my under-eye. But the color is a little bit to pink for me so i'm changing it to an NC color. A little bit goes a long way! The packaging makes it easy to use the right amount of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by labellavita123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first concealer from MAC that was passed on to me bc my mom that I bought it for didn't want to use it. Not as heavy duty as some Korean brands to cover her sun spots. ANYWAY I lost my Pro Longwear concealer from them so I found this again & wow I love it so much more than the PL! I feel like it covers all the redness on & around my nose completely with one go. And it sets perfectly. Like within a minute. Which is perfect bc I am in a hurry in the mornings! PL takes forever to set & it shifts around to look really nasty sometimes! It's a little too dark for me but it's ok bc I go over it with Aveda mineral powder. That's the only area of my face I put liquid makeup on & it has actually helped with my blackheads weirdly. Loooooove Select Moisture!! >> Pro Longwear

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by EmmyK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The first concealer I tried from M.A.C, I purchased NW20 and felt that once outside in natural light I could see the colour but NW15 was far too light. It was a shame as I wanted to like this so much after hearing how great its natural skin finish was, and how it was like applying skin-on-skin it was that natural, the colours just run "off" for me, I find it works best on Asian skins or darker skins for a brow contour.

It has a nice light texture, velvety soft feel and nice to apply on skin, I would recommend to blend the edges with your ring finger to melt the product to a seamless finish as sometimes it can sit or feels quite powdery. It is still hygienic to a point, best for under-eye application or extra coverage on blemish-free skins. Also needs a little shake as the product can separate.

It was not the one for me so I will not be re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I typically wear NC45 at MAC, but I have Select Cover-Up in NC42 because I don't use it to conceal imperfections. I use this as a replacement for brightening around my eyes, lightening under my eyes, & to make my cheekbones look better. It's obviously way too light to clean up after I fill in my eyebrows. The reason I don't use this concealer to, you know, conceal is because my blemishes & oily skin need something thicker & with a fuller coverage. For those of you who use Pro Longwear Concealer, this is noticeably thinner than that—it's borderline watery. I do like the tube & think it's awesome not only because it's sanitary, but because I can control how much product I use. It's all right, but I won't go out of my way to buy a second tube. It costs $19 for a 10 10 ml / 0.33 oz tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by justjennieereviewingg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer. I have a lot of dark acne scars and i feel like this always helps cover them up more than any other concealer i have used . the only con i would have to say is it makes me a bit oily if i use it under my foundation but if i use it over it sets perfect for hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by KrystineVu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first review ever on Makeupalley though Ive been through soooo many skincare and makeup products. I chose this to review first cos I have to say I ADORE THIS CONCEALER! Why?
- It covers my acnes and acne scars perfectly.
- It looks natural like hell.
- It feels soo light on my face, I even feel like wearing no concealer at all!
However, it does have weakness. I tried using this to cover my dark circles, but the product did settle in fine lines. Its not a big deal actually, cos this one is not designed for using under the eyes. STILL 5 LIPPIES!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to concealer when my pro longwear concealer doesn't cover enough, this will hide any darkness you have going on under the eyes. When I use this on my own I can get away with wearing it without moisturizing my skin before applying. It looks perfect yet natural, definitely one of my HGs.