MAC Select Cover-Up

3.7

Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tea-Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Esters, Lecithin, Polybutene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 85, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben Select Cover-Up may contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines

on 4/13/2015 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this concealer. I like to use this with the MUFE HD Foundation cause I feel they work really well together.
A lot of people are mentioning that it gets cakey, you have to realize this is water based.
Don't use an oil-based moisturized under and don't use this over an oil based foundation because it'll get cakey.
Use this with a water/glycerin moisturizer and preferably a water based foundation so you can put it on under of over.
If you use this with an oil-based foundation you can only use this concealer under otherwise it'll get cakey because of the layer of oil the Foundation has.

This has a very skin-like texture when it's on. I think it's due to the water based formula. I find water based stuff tend to look most natural and not so cakey.
It'll last you a LONG time. I get medium/buildable coverage with this. It's a staple.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It end up really cakey as an under eye concealer!!! It has good coverage but after a few hours it dries out and looks orange on my skin!!! I don't recommend it

on 3/31/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is one of the best concealers I have ever used in my life: high coverage, controlling on oily/ blemished prone skin, vast amount of shades and easy to blend (smooth and creamy, but has a matte finish). My shade is NW25. This concealer will last you over a year (3 years, 2 years daily use).

on 2/2/2015 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was contemplating between this and moisturecover but boy I am so glad I chose this one! I got the shade NW35. It has a medium coverage good enough to hide those hideous under eye circles and not to mention acne scars too! I use this over my foundation (no matter what foundation I use Mac Matchmaster, Revlon Colorstay or Bobbi Brown) and the result is just flawless.

Staying power is pretty decent too compared to moisturecover (which was a total waste of money!) just to make sure I set it with Mac MSF Medium tan or any translucent powder it doesnt cake or settle on my fine lines. Im definitely inlove with this product :)

on 1/9/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Concealer is a real pain. Without it, I might as well skip eye makeup altogether, the darkness in the inner corners detracts that badly. And because people look actually pretty closely at your eyes, mistakes are noticeable. Concealer has to be pretty perfect to do its job without calling any attention to itself. MAC's Select Cover is really, really good, but not quite the one. It is phenomenal that they offer such a range of shades--MAC takes makeup seriously--and the texture and the staying power are excellent. But it dries in place very quickly, and if I use even a smidge too much or the skin is a little dry, it turns cakey on me, usually after a few hours have gone by and it is too late to do anything about it. When it is time to throw it away I will probably try something else. I have loved YSL Touche Eclat #2 in the past, but the price seems even more ridiculous. Select Cover is so reasonably priced in comparison, and I've barely made a dent in the tube in several months. All in all, worth a try in case it is the perfect fit for you. I've got to keep looking.

on 1/4/2015 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Overall, i don't like this concealer because i can't see the point of it. It's not very high in coverage, on me it creases as a under eye concealer, and it doesn't cover blemishes that well.. I quickly replaced this with the Mac pro longwear concealer wich i feel like does the job many times better. There are cheaper options out there that does the same thing, so i would probably not recommend it.

Pros
-Portable, unsensitive packaging
-Easy to control the amount of product you want from the tube

Cons
-Low in coverage
-Creases
-Cheaper options that does the same

on 12/12/2014 7:23:00 AM

I bought this concealer after I run out of my L'oreal one, which was already too light for me as I got suntan now. I love the texture and the way it looks on the delicate skin around my eyes. This product will work for ladies who want to brighten the area under eyes just a bit without a heavy camouflage. Before using mac concealer I put cream or gel around my eyes to moisturise the skin. Would buy again, but probably also will look for something which would have an SPF protection and nourish a delicate skin under my eyes at the same time if this product exists.

on 12/8/2014 6:55:00 PM

I love this concealer! It's medium coverage and looks very natural, but still covers tho. I have it in NW40 and use for my under-eye. But the color is a little bit to pink for me so i'm changing it to an NC color. A little bit goes a long way! The packaging makes it easy to use the right amount of product.

This was my first concealer from MAC that was passed on to me bc my mom that I bought it for didn't want to use it. Not as heavy duty as some Korean brands to cover her sun spots. ANYWAY I lost my Pro Longwear concealer from them so I found this again & wow I love it so much more than the PL! I feel like it covers all the redness on & around my nose completely with one go. And it sets perfectly. Like within a minute. Which is perfect bc I am in a hurry in the mornings! PL takes forever to set & it shifts around to look really nasty sometimes! It's a little too dark for me but it's ok bc I go over it with Aveda mineral powder. That's the only area of my face I put liquid makeup on & it has actually helped with my blackheads weirdly. Loooooove Select Moisture!! >> Pro Longwear

on 11/17/2014 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

The first concealer I tried from M.A.C, I purchased NW20 and felt that once outside in natural light I could see the colour but NW15 was far too light. It was a shame as I wanted to like this so much after hearing how great its natural skin finish was, and how it was like applying skin-on-skin it was that natural, the colours just run "off" for me, I find it works best on Asian skins or darker skins for a brow contour.

It has a nice light texture, velvety soft feel and nice to apply on skin, I would recommend to blend the edges with your ring finger to melt the product to a seamless finish as sometimes it can sit or feels quite powdery. It is still hygienic to a point, best for under-eye application or extra coverage on blemish-free skins. Also needs a little shake as the product can separate.

It was not the one for me so I will not be re-purchasing.