July 31, 2014 | 1291 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by KimMonroe

I'm seriously surprised at the bad reviews for this product. I'm wondering what everyone's method for using it is as mine works pretty well for me. I rub this all over a dry face and let it sit for a few seconds, I then take a muslin wash cloth with warm water and wipe it off. ALL of my makeup is removed and that's saying a lot because I have very severe acne scaring and use a ton of heavy foundation. This also removes all of my mascara. It does look like it leaves a bit of an oily film on the skin but I follow up with my cleanser and all of that is removed leaving my face hydrated and smooth. The bottle is a nice size and it has a pump that locks which can come in handy for traveling and no messes. The price is decent for the size and quality of the product. I'll continue to keep using this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Danaelycia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I accidentally bought this product instead of the balm. For the first few times I used it I was unimpressed, it didn't really take my make-up off and I had to use another product.

I read a few reviews about leaving it on my skin for a couple minutes. I decided to do this and left it for about a minute while I ran the hot water. It was a total difference! I always use a clean warm wash cloth so it came off quite nice and I didn't feel it left any residue. I really enjoy that it's light weight and comes off easily with a washcloth

Overall, I wouldn't buy it again simply because it just isn't the best I've tried

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by vanessalmeida

This is an ordinary makeup remover and it totally doesn't deserve it's price tag. It does remove makeup but you need to swipe it a few times and I find that after 4 times my skin feels quite sensitive and I still have makeup on. I've tried massaging it into the skin and remove it with a cloth but it doesn't melt makeup at all and I find it more effective when used with a cotton pad. Because I don't trust this makeup remover I always wipe with some micellar solution and guess what? After all that (gentle) rubbing there is still makeup on my face.
It promisses not to leave an oily residue but it totally does. Personally I don't mind cause I ALWAYS cleanse my face after removing makeup.

I'm almost done with this product and it will be a happy day when I actually finish it and take it out of my life, once and for all. Needless to say that I won't repurchase this but I'm very curious with Cleansing Balm from the same range.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by melodysparks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

PROS:

-removes makeup effortlessly (even waterproof!)
-not drying

CONS:

-breaks me out
-stings my eyes like crazy

OVERALL:

Returning it ASAP and never looking back.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Silly_Girl

I think it is a pretty good product. The key here is to apply it with your hands to dry face and spread it around nicely, LET IT SIT FOR 5 MINUTES, then splash warm water on your face and the oily mess will turn into a milky/watery white stuff that rinses off pretty good. I have combo skin and use about 4 pumps. It sort of remind me of their cleansing balm only it doesn't leave my skin parched dry afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Curlycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's an okay product.
It doesn't dry up the face afterwards.
The pump is decent.
Big bottle, lasts for several months.

It's not for the eyes. Stings really bad.
The makeup wont come of if I don't use several cottonpads.
It irritates my sensitive face a little bit, but it's still "useable".
It's too expensive.

Will I but it again? No.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by chingchingcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Saw this recommended in Paula's choice. I hesitated a bit when seeing comments here......but then decided to have a try.

I am not sure if it is as good. I have dry and sensitive skin,. I have to change cosmetics products carefully or else I got allergic reaction very easily. I stick to using Physiogel which is fabulous in calming my allergic reactions but seems not effective enough in bringing any repair and lately I feel dry after using and that's why I want to have a change in the routine.

I just use sunscreen and blush so I think it s great enough to remove them. I like its texture too, smooth. Though still dry after use, I couldn't conclude if it s the problem of products or my problem.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I usually use the cleansing balm from the same line, but I saw this version and decided to give it a try, thinking it would be the same thing in a pump lotion form. IT IS NOT! This stuff doesn't remove my makeup, it just makes a greasy mess on my face. It doesn't rinse away cleanly. It hurts like hell if it gets anywhere near my eyes! Like I'm dancing around the bathroom going "ow! ow! OW!". I thought it was such a bad product I honestly thought that Clinique ought to recall it and was surprised to read reviews that some people actually like it. Needless to say I returned it and got a fresh jar of cleansing balm instead and will never try the milk again unless it is reformulated.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PLEASE save your self the waste of money and pain of burning eyes on this "Cleansing Milk". Why oh why didn't I listen to all the reviews LOL? The product junkie in me thought it would work for me for some reason. Mainly I bought this to use as an eye makeup remover. My current HG for the last atleast 5 years has been Dior Purifying Cleansing Milk. As a facial cleanser, which it is meant for, is was way too much for my blemish/oily prone skin but very oddly using it as a gentle makeup remover on dry skin for my heavy eye makeup WOW works amazingly, better than cleansing oils I have used. And I just tissue off and my eye are literally flawlessly clean to where I don't even need to follow with cleansing. That is super convenient before bed and a rare find with cleansing milks and many don't come close for makeup removal. Perfect right, but no I was being greedy and wanted to find a replacement that was cheaper hence figured Clinique's Milk might do it. What sucks is yet shockingly it did remove all my eye makeup but at the price of my eyes being blood shot red and stinging like I poured acid in them even having them closed super tight. I find this absolutely insane considering this is meant of making removal on eyes/face and I don;t have sensitive eyes at all nor have ever had such a reaction. All the reviews were completely right. I tried TTDO Balm years ago which was a dud for me as well as didn't come close ot removing my heavy (non waterproof) eye makeup and contains mineral oil which my skin hates. Never straying from the Dior Purifying Milk again to say the least (even at a tad over $30 as I use this only for eye makeup it really lasts me over a years) and recommend it to anyone who wants the power of a cleansing oil in a gentle milk remover for dry skin that tissues off effortlessly. Clinique Cleansing Milk however, run far away if you plan on using this for eyes!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Oww, this stings so badly.
I went to the Clinique counter hoping to find some Take the Day off Balm due to the positive reviews it gets here on MUA but the SA seemed to be oblivious to its existence (I live in Turkey). Instead, I came back home with this stuff and I regret not having read some reviews before buying it. Basically, it stings my eyes really badly, it's kind of runny and I have to use loads to be able to remove my foundation - so a little doesn't go a long way- and I'm not happy with the results. Estee Lauder has something similar, which doesn't sting and is thicker in a very similar bottle. I think I'll buy that one until I find something better but I really dislike these bottles because a lot of product is wasted in them.