August 22, 2014 | 1206 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Conair Tourmaline Ionic Styler Dryer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Bwampler612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best blow dryer i have EVER used! I would most definitely recommend this to anyone with frizzy hair! Trust me, you won't have any fly aways after you use this!! A+

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in green, very cute. However, even though it dried my hair very quickly, it made it look flat and tangled. This may be good for someone with thicker hair, as it does blow it straight. But if your hair lacks volume, this adds to the problem, and the tangles are tough to get out. It was on sale for $29.99 at Target, but I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Tit4Tat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so picky and cautious with hair styling tools but I can't justify paying almost $200 for a freaking hair dryer considering I have naturally straight, fine hair and I'm so happy I had the joy of having this hair dryer for 6 years! To be honest, I bought it because of the metallic red colour, it made me happier reaching for it during a grumpy morning. The noise level is average, it comes with a diffuser attachment which is just like any other but it's large so that's a plus. Best part is in ionic release technology! I never even heard of heat protectants until couple of years ago and I could dry my hair upwards and in every motion possible and my hair would still be gorgeously shiny and sleek, with movement, loved it! I moved around like crazy over the years, dropped it on more occasions than I can count and this old guy was going strong faithfully with only maybe 2 tiny scratches on it (I was worried that all that pretty red will be destroyed with inevitable wear and tear but I was wrong). It's finally on it's last breath, still struggling but as always, dries my hair in no time. It is a bit bulky although lightweight but you won't have any trouble maneuvering if you hold it closer to the nozzle, great relief. I've never repurchased a hair drier before and I don't think I want to invest into a T3, one too many reviews mentioned they break conveniently after warranty expires. Unless you have another HG reasonably priced blowdryer and you want to spread the love and message me with the name, rest assured I will be going to my nearest walmart to repurchase it, even if it was still $60 instead of $30 <3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2007 9:44:00 AM More reviews by krristabelle

This hair dryer is AMAZING! My Dad bought one for the guest bathroom and I used it last night since I'm home for Thanksgiving. I had no styling products, so I dried it without, and my hair turned out so much nicer than it ever looks at home with my old dryers. It does flatten my hair a little bit, but it's just so soft (and no frizzies!) that I can deal with a little flatness. Next time I'll try it with some voluminizing product and the result should be perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by natalie48

I am very excited to have found this ionic dryer for such high quality and reasonable price. My hair normally looks fried after blowdrying. However, this dryer leaves it smooth, frizz free, and full of body. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 2:54:00 PM More reviews by tloirs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic dryer model 174TB. It's red and looks just like the 174R, which I can't find anywhere, so I think this one must have replaced that model. This dryer allows you to turn the ions on and off, which I have to have because every ion dryer I've ever used that didn't allow that option made my hair very flat. I have fine, relatively straight hair that tends to wave on its own if I don't blow dry it. This dryer is the quietest one I've ever tried, even on high. It also has a more pleasant tone to it than most dryers. The hot is hot without being scorching, the warm is truly warm, and the cool is very cool. The cold shot is also very cold, much more so than other dryers I've tried. I don't find this dryer to be heavy at all. It's not as light as the Revlon version that looks like the T3, but it feels good in your hand and is properly balanced. I can also really tell the difference when I turn on the ions. I use it to finish my style or to touch up at the end of the day, and it really does leave an incredible shine on the hair. The best ionic drugstore dryer I've tried, and I've tried several and returned all but this one.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2007 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had been using a General Electric pistol hair dryer from the mid-eighties up until a couple weeks ago. I rarely used it because I was all about air drying my hair. I hate the way my hair looked after drying, all poofy, frizzie and dull.

I picked this dryer up at the Costco and I still can't get over the difference. Mine is purple and these are the stats:

Ion Shine® Conair Ionic Speed Styler

Features

* Ionic technology neutralizes ions to control frizzness and flyaways
* Infrared heat from a ceramic disk penetrates the hair to dry it more efficiently and prevent heat damage
* 1875 Watts of Power
* High-Torque Motor
* 3 Heat/2 Speed Settings
* Cool Shot Button
* Removable Filter
* Diffuser and Concentrator
* Unit weight: 2.15LB

I cannot believe the results. I have virgin hair in a really short bob. My hair is very fine with a slight wave and I have lots. All I use is a dab of volumizing gel and a round brush. Within 5 minutes I have what can best be described as salon hair. Smooth, shiny, no frizz and full of body.

I guess this "ionic technology" is for real. I can't go back, I won't go back. When this one gives up the ghost I am so replacing it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2006 1:31:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Mine is 1875 Watt Ion Shine Ceramic Styler model: 174T. It has ion, ceramic, and tourmaline. Besides, it's very beautiful red. Not that heavy and pretty quiet. I like this better than Revlon tourmaline, which I returned due to its loudness (although advertised as super quiet). When I use warm with low setting, it takes about 10 min to dry my shoulder length medium natural weavy (Asian) hair. This dryer has 3 heat and 2 speed settings as well as a cold shot. I paid just $20 with a coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond in downtown DC. It has rubber grip on the side of handle and easy to hold. I am very happy I found this.
UPDATE 12/4/06: I have noticed that since I use this dryer about two week ago, I have dry hair and getting dull. I have to take off two lippies. Now, I'm using Infusium 23 Leave in treatment with a few drops of Jojoba oil (mixed them in an empty container) and spray my hair before drying. Maybe I used high heat setting. Other than these, I still love this dryer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2006 1:00:00 PM More reviews by mantha

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is for the silver/black dryer without any brush attachments -- I was excited to get it as it got a great write-up in InStyle magazine...the quality of the dryer was great but it was way too heavy for me, and the controls were placed poorly so that I kept pushing the cool shot button or changing the temperature everytime I picked it up...not user friendly. I also didn't see great results. I ended up getting the Revlon Tourmaline RV544 to compare and liked that one much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2006 10:46:00 AM More reviews by violetrunner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After at my old Conair had given me at least 10 years of good service, I decided to try this new "technologically advanced" hairdryer - if it lasts for another 10 years, the $40 price tag will be worth it. I have short, fine, fairly healthy hair that I dry every morning, so the main thing I need in a hairdryer is longevity!
I do think this dryer is better than others I've owned in the past - it seems to dry my hair faster, but that may just be my imagination. Dittio with leaving my hair soft and shiny vs. a traditional dryer. It's much heavier than other dryers I've owned, and the cord is much thicker, so it is more like a professional product.
Here's my favorite part - I do try to be careful about how much heat I use and for how long, and on this dryer I love the "warm" setting - just between cool and hot, it actually is warm and does a perfect job for my hair type. It comes with two attachments, a funnel to control air flow and a diffuser/volumizer. All in all, I think this dryer is a fine investment (if you're cheap like me!) and will probably satisfy people with a variety of hair types. I would repurchase, but hopefully in 10 years they'll have come out with a new, better product again!